• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKano

Marvel vs Capcom 4 (I won't ever call it Infinite) woud be fucking dope on the Switch. Especially now that the true Mega Man is in the game.

jmizzal

Tekken 7, sure. But I'm not too sure about MvCI, FFVII, or the Kingdom Hearts games.

I think FF7 is coming and Shenmue 3, FF7 due to Cloud coming to Smash bros, and Shenmue 3 I think they would want it on as many consoles as possible.

MvC maybe but if its an easy port, I dont see why Capcom would pass on it

Kingdom Heat games should come too

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I feel like I want portable Batman, but at the same time if you're going to ignore the best game in the series then I'm not buying it.

If you didn't tell people that Rocksteady didn't make it, Arkham Origins would have been considered the best in the series.

sanstesy

No i'm sure they'll show it at the event, but that doesn't mean the game will release at launch. There's a difference between saying "we'll show it at E3" and then they show it a few months before, and releasing it before E3.

Then hey, you think i'll be sad if that happens? Lol

The point is, his word has already lost all its meaning when its shown off before. I'm not sure what you are even arguing about anymore or even why you should be sad, though.

Also, Super Mario 3D World got revealed and released in the span of 5 months.

Yeah sure like Mario Galaxy came out 2 years after Sunshine, or Sunshine came out 2 years after 64. Oh wait

It's absolutely not possible that if they're making a completely new kind of experience (maybe with those bigger, open levels we've heard from the insiders you take as gospel) they'll need a bit more time to release the game, compared to a bigger 3D Land or a new Galaxy with the addition of Yoshi and a few concepts that they couldn't use in the first one.

Mario Galaxy released 3 years after the same team finished Donkey Kong: Jungle Blast which is again three years of development time. Oh wait. ;)

After SM64, the team that developed Mario games got changed and Sunshine was only around 2 years in development before it had to be rushed on the market. Since then it always been the same team with roughly the same development time and we know EAD Tokyo is working on the next 3D Mario.

Rodin

Mario Galaxy released 3 years after the same team finished Donkey Kong: Jungle Blast which is again three years of development time. Oh wait. ;)
Hah, point taken.

After SM64, the team that developed Mario games got changed and Sunshine was only around 2 years in development before it had to be rushed on the market. Since then it always been the same team with roughly the same development time and we know EAD Tokyo is working on the next 3D Mario.
Actually i thought that EAD Tokyo used to be split in two studios, Software Development Group No. 1 and 2, which both handled the Mario series (for example SMG was made by Group 1 and SMG2 by Group 2) amongst other games, and that only recently they got reunited in one studio (EPD).

sanstesy

Its EPD, not EAD. We gotta learn that new name.

I will always call them EAD Toyko man.

Hah, point taken.

Actually i thought that EAD Tokyo used to be split in two studios, Software Development Group No. 1 and 2, which both handled the Mario series (for example SMG was made by Group 1 and SMG2 by Group 2) amongst other games, and that only recently they got reunited in one studio (EPD).

They only got renamed to EPD Toyko, otherwise they are still are at least two groups though it should be more by now. At the start EAD Tokyo only had one group so that's why the first group is credited for SMG but afterwards Koizumi got promoted to the producer role and a second team got created which is essentially the same people from the previous first group.

Scrawnton

i believe Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest 11, Batman Arkham VR, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Shenmue 3, Street Fighter 5, Tekken 7, Guilty Gear
FF15 is a proprietary Square engine called luminous ( I think). It's definitely not Unreal.

Neoxon

i believe Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest 11, Batman Arkham VR, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Shenmue 3, Street Fighter 5, Tekken 7, Guilty Gear
  • Street Fighter V isn't going to any other consoles besides PS4 unless Nintendo (or Microsoft) pays Sony a shit-ton of cash.
  • You forgot Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.
  • GGXrd uses a heavily modified version of UE3, not UE4.
  • FFXV uses the Luminous Engine.

Raet

Miyamoto is not even particularly involved with game development anymore. All of the leakers have been saying for a long time that Mario Switcharoo is done, I believe them.

If Mario misses launch, it will be for strategic reasons (i.e. BotW being a launch title).

Oregano

Shenmue 3 is part funded by Sony, it's going to be PS4 exclusive.

We compiled a list of Japanese UE4 games earlier in the thread.

FFVIIR
KH2.8
KH3
DQXI
Tekken 7
MVC: Infinite
Let it Die
Bloodstained

4 Goddesses Online
Ace Combat 7

The bolded are the most likely to release on Switch IMO. I really wouldn't expect KH or FFVII.

iBlue

What i really wanna know about the Switch is if its gonna allow me to buy games from the Canadian switch store. I am in Mexico and made my account when i was living in Canada so since then i have been full digital and as far as i know with My nintendo, i am not able to change the country of the NNID. The Wii U/3DS accepts my mexican credit card without any issues i hope the switch does the same.

NateDrake

FFVIIR
KH2.8
KH3
DQXI
Tekken 7
Let it Die
Bloodstained

4 Goddesses Online
Ace Combat 7

The bolded are the most likely to release on Switch IMO. I really wouldn't expect KH or FFVII.

Bloodstained is a given at this point.

Scrawnton

FFVIIR
KH2.8
KH3
DQXI
Tekken 7
Let it Die
Bloodstained

4 Goddesses Online
Ace Combat 7

If Switch can run kingdom hearts I can't see why it wouldn't get it. Remember, Nintendo had three kingdom hearts games and Sony had three kingdom hearts games. Heck, Xbox had zero and they're still getting it.

Also Japan would buy that on a handheld over a console.

FFVIIR
KH2.8
KH3
DQXI
Tekken 7
Let it Die
Bloodstained

4 Goddesses Online
Ace Combat 7

I'd bet on Kingdom Hearts coming to Switch because Square Enix have released the series on 3DS.

Mario and Zelda alone would make this the best launch line-up for a Nintendo system since...

since a long freaking time.

Best Nintendo launch line up? More like best video game console launch line up.

We won't be able to handle both of these games on day one. It would be amazing.

LordKano

If Switch can run kingdom hearts I can't see why it wouldn't get it. Remember, Nintendo had three kongdom hearts games and Sony had three kingdom hearts games. Heck, Xbox had zero and they're still getting it.

Now I'm imagining Kingdom Hearts characters but replaced by Donkey Kong's crew.

Oregano

Bloodstained is a given at this point.

Yeah, pretty much confirmed. DQXI is as well unless they're idiots.

Maybe not KH2.8 but definitely KH3 when it releases. It would be foolish for Square to not release it on the Switch. But I actually think we'll see 2.8 on the Switch as well.

If Switch can run kingdom hearts I can't see why it wouldn't get it. Remember, Nintendo had three kingdom hearts games and Sony had three kingdom hearts games. Heck, Xbox had zero and they're still getting it.

I'd bet on Kingdom Hearts coming to Switch because Square Enix have released the series on 3DS.

They've only ever released spin offs though. I wouldn't put it past SE to ignore it for a mainline game, especially when they desperately want to push PS4 in Japan.

TAS

I believe Nintendo is going to do everything in their power to make the Switch launch lineup the best in video history. They really have to come out of the gate with guns blazing.

Mario and Zelda at launch would be so amazing. It would make the system a must buy for a lot of core gamers. This whole "many people only buy one game at launch, so it won't happen" stuff is pure nonsense. If you're buying a new video game console in March, you're the type of consumer who's going to be fine picking up two, three, or four games with your new device.

Come on Nintendo, make it happen! Make the Switch launch a huge event!

Any murmurs about an Animal Crossing release on switch in the first year? Asking for a friend.
My wife. (=

It's gotta' be coming. New Leaf is over four years old.

Neoxon

I believe Nintendo is going to do everything in their power to make the Switch launch lineup the best in video history. They really have to come out of the gate with guns blazing.
That still brings up the issue of Nintendo competing with themselves & leaving third parties in the dust by having both Zelda & Mario on Day 1.

I still stand by my point, one is getting pushed back if the other is at launch. There's no real urgency to have both right at launch.

That still brings up the issue of Nintendo competing with themselves & leaving third parties in the dust by having both Zelda & Mario on Day 1.

I still stand by my point, one is getting pushed back if the other is at launch. There's no real urgency to have both right at launch.

Nintendo competes with themselves all the time. Particularly during a console launch.

Oregano

Maybe Zelda can release at launch and third parties wait until June then. They'll even be a bigger install base!
Not a serious suggestion.

Betty

Banned

Maybe not KH2.8 but definitely KH3 when it releases. It would be foolish for Square to not release it on the Switch. But I actually think we'll see 2.8 on the Switch as well.

giphy.gif

Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't going to come to the Switch.

I'd bet on it.

I really would advise against putting your hopes on a March release.
There are enough sources saying it's not. Best case scenario would be EU localization taking more time and it being available first in NA, but I don't see Nintendo not having a WW release with piracy on Wii U
giphy.gif

Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't going to come to the Switch.

I'd bet on it.
If DQXI is on UE4 and can run on Switch I think SE would try to get KH running on it. There's been over a decade of a growing fan base on Nintendo portables.
7 Remake is less likely, tho

AzaK

My concern is that "guns blazing" for Nintendo means their own and Japanese games.

Scrawnton

Yeah, pretty much confirmed. DQXI is as well unless they're idiots.

They've only ever released spin offs though. I wouldn't put it past SE to ignore it for a mainline game, especially when they desperately want to push PS4 in Japan.

If square wanted to desperately push PS4 in Japan they wouldn't have made DQXI for 3DS. Square wants to make money, that's why FF15 and KH3 were announced for Xbox back when MS dominated global console sales.

Japan is handheld territory and Switch is a handheld. If Switch can run KH3 it will be on it.

PS4 just got a barrage of great games this year and the public still isn't biting like they are elsewhere. If Switch, being a handheld, can run these games then Japanese devs are going to do their best to release these games on Switch. This is all assuming the Japanese gamers cling to Switch like they have to 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom