• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Online Tops 38 Million Subscribers

ge252mR.jpg

Source is the latest Nintendo briefing (page 51): https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2023/231108e.pdf

Robb

Gold Member
This just reminds me that it used to be free in the good old days.. The quality is basically the same, but now we have to pay for some reason.
Sad Lonely GIF by Pokémon

This just reminds me that it used to be free in the good old days.. The quality is basically the same, but now we have to pay for some reason.
Word. My family had so much fun playing Mario Kart and Splatoon online. Everything just worked. Splatoon 2 was packed with a wide variety of players. After online went pay-to-play, the quality of the player base in Splatoon went to hell.

Even games that are single player are affected. Super Mario Wonder and Pokémon Legends both have passive online components that are gatekept behind a ridiculous online fee. Nintendo put up a massive barrier of entry for a relatively small sum. I just don’t get it.

Top Bottom