• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: updated Wii U / 3DS planning for the next few months (Jan. 29)

PokéKong

Glad to see Project Guard and Robot are still their own releases and not part of Star Fox like some people thought, here's hoping for more neat smaller games to help give the Wii U eShop some recognition.

Memory

OP states the list is not exhustive, everyone asks where x game is and why x list is short...

Read the damn OP people.

Lernaean

Banned
SMTxFE still exists, which makes me happy, even though i had no doubt.
I still can't understand why EU gets Kirby in the second half, oh well...

Crema

I'm still a little cautious about FExSMT based on the fact that Devilish Brain Training still gets a mention on these reports, and surely that game is never actually coming out in Europe.

E-phonk

Banned
Anyone thinks mario maker might have more to it than they gave away? I think it might include one (or more) "new" mario games, with classic gameplay build using this engine.

We haven't seen too much of the normal single player content besides the level building.
It's also a great game for DLC. "Mario Bros 3 - World 4 level pack" - download the levels, and you can modify them.

jariw

Anyone thinks mario maker might have more to it than they gave away? I think it might include one (or more) "new" mario games, with classic gameplay build using this engine.

We haven't seen too much of the normal single player content besides the level building.
It's also a great game for DLC. "Mario Bros 3 - World 4 level pack" - download the levels, and you can modify them.

The assets that supposedly were from Mega Man in the TGA video, the team involved with the game, 30th year of Mario, the approach to DLC outlined at the October investor meeting might all point to that you're right.

I think many of the early concepts (Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, Mario Maker) presented at last year's E3 might look very different in their final version. We already know that Splatoon has evolved quite a bit since then. I also guess Yoshi's Woolly World will be "more" than what was revealed at E3, even though it looked fantastic back then.

I'm actually kind of shocked that there isn't any sort of news about Fatal Frame coming here. Really now? No indication whatsoever?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. Its a game, a technically well made game, it fills an empty niche for the console. The crappy non-game Spirit Camera made it over ffs. What the hell is going on here?

Pikma

Banned
I'm actually kind of shocked that there isn't any sort of news about Fatal Frame coming here. Really now? No indication whatsoever?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. Its a game, a technically well made game, it fills an empty niche for the console. The crappy non-game Spirit Camera made it over ffs. What the hell is going on here?
It's probably up to Tecmo, you know, due to all that movie tie-in crap.

NeonZ

So Fire Emblem if really isn't Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

I'd only get worried about that if the new Fire Emblem took place in a modern world, since before becoming a SMT crossover the project's basic concept apparently was "Fire Emblem in the modern world with fantasy elements".

Gambit

Theatrhythm Dragon Quest not listed outside Japan.

FuckEverything.gif

That's hardly surprising, even if it's disheartening.

By all accounts Curtain Call bombed, and that was from a series that is actually still getting published in the West.

But then again I am still holding on to the hope that DQ VII will come here, so "never give up", I guess.

So the things that were potentially part of starfox are still showing as games of their own.

Still no Rusty's Real Deal Baseball for europe. :/

PokéKong;149635328 said:
Glad to see Project Guard and Robot are still their own releases and not part of Star Fox like some people thought, here's hoping for more neat smaller games to help give the Wii U eShop some recognition.
Regardless of whether Project Guard and Robot are apart of Star Fox; I fully expect the name to change and for the game to look significantly different. Project Guard had starfox logos in the game and the enemy robots in project guard looked the same as the ones in starfox, Miyamoto even acknowledged these things. Miyamoto had also mentioned Star Fox would be more episodic in structure. So even if it lists these titles as Project Guard and Robot I don't expect them to release them under that name or to look as it did at E3, regardless of whether it is attached to Star Fox or not.

keakster

Nintendo purchases 2015:

Majora's Mask -> Splatoon -> Star Fox -> Xenoblade Chonicles X -> Zelda U

Hopefully there is consistent pacing between the back half of these releases so I don't get too backlogged! Also wondering if there will be surprises at E3 that will be launching for the holidays this year ..

I am also waiting on a N3DS announcement for NA and I will be picking up Xenoblade 3DS
#OperationFaceplate

I'm still a little cautious about FExSMT based on the fact that Devilish Brain Training still gets a mention on these reports, and surely that game is never actually coming out in Europe.

So um FExSMT isn't a thing, but that's okay because I'm sure you meant SMTxFE. Just thought I'd let you know.

Top Bottom