• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo were control freaks back in the day. I never knew to what extinct.

Gambit2483

Looks straight out of Yakuza.
AWrCMRw.jpg

Three

Anybody else bothered by the fact that GAF users seem to be having trouble with the word "extent"?

This is the second title on the first page where it's wrong 😄

Last edited:

Woopah

Your AI bot posting script not working correctly? Butt posting in old threads? What's going on?
I thought their plan was to respond to
every negative Nintendo post ever made.

Now the plan is to post a single letter in any thread that has Nintendo in the title.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
I want everyone to became aware that no such thing as a “SNES” exists. You only have the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, which can be shortened as “Super NES”.

To this day, saying “SNES” is completely verboten at Nintendo.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I want everyone to became aware that no such thing as a “SNES” exists. You only have the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, which can be shortened as “Super NES”.

To this day, saying “SNES” is completely verboten at Nintendo.
I can't imagine they like the British pronunciation.

Snez for life.

SHA

You mean they have the upper hand and anything bellow them is basically a joke or they have awesome controllers? I could see either ways is right.

BlackTron

I saw the title and came in apprehensive what would happen if Zapperman noticed this thread before being banned. I was wrong, he found it, firefight already happened and bodies removed

ManaByte

Gold Member
Had a deal to partner with Sony to create a joint machine. They later pulled out of that deal to pair with panasonic for some weird reason. They shot themselves in the foot and created their biggest competitor.

It wasn't some weird reason. The SNES CD deal they were working on with Sony would've resulted in a proprietary CD format called Super-CD. Nintendo would repeat this with the GCN and both the Wii and Wii U, which used proprietary disc formats they controlled. As the video your OP is based on describes, Nintendo always controls the medium games are released on for their consoles. This has been the way since the NES and it will never change. Yamauchi's assumption was that despite being in a deal with Sony, Nintendo would still control all of the software. However, Sony re-wrote the contract to state that Nintendo would only control the SNES cartridges while Sony would control the Super-CD format and all software produced on that format. When Yamauchi read that, he terminated the deal immediately. They're lucky that's all he terminated.

Looks straight out of Yakuza.
FKfz3YV.png

Top Bottom