• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Wii Component Video Cables - $199+ at eBay!

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Is there a reason why Nintendo can't ship a million of these damn things? Why do we need to go through hell and back to hook up the wii with a decent connection?

Pachinko

Yes there is a reason why these cables are so hard to find, everyone whose bought a television in the last 15 years no doubt knows how to hook up an RCA jack but not everyone knows how to plug in component inputs ... such as kids with their own bedroom TV's... the same bedroom tv's handed down to them that were built prior to 1996.

Unfortunatly the vast majority of the buyers right now AREN'T kids but in fact are devout nintendo enthusiasts who've upgraded to an HDTV or bought a television built AFTER 1999. Nintendo was simply to daft to realize that perhaps it was time to switch from composite to component out.

Giving them some credit though, atleast they arent' as bad as sony is with the PS3- you'd think atleast that a 60 GB ps3 would come with a component cable what with all the HIDEF hubbabaloo and shit.

Go order a set from the nintendo store right now and atleast you'll get them when they have em in stock.

Tabris

Pachinko said:
Yes there is a reason why these cables are so hard to find, everyone whose bought a television in the last 15 years no doubt knows how to hook up an RCA jack but not everyone knows how to plug in component inputs ... such as kids with their own bedroom TV's... the same bedroom tv's handed down to them that were built prior to 1996.

Unfortunatly the vast majority of the buyers right now AREN'T kids but in fact are devout nintendo enthusiasts who've upgraded to an HDTV or bought a television built AFTER 1999. Nintendo was simply to daft to realize that perhaps it was time to switch from composite to component out.

Giving them some credit though, atleast they arent' as bad as sony is with the PS3- you'd think atleast that a 60 GB ps3 would come with a component cable what with all the HIDEF hubbabaloo and shit.

Go order a set from the nintendo store right now and atleast you'll get them when they have em in stock.

Except...

A) You can use the PS2 component cable which is available everywhere and was selling for under $20 on sale a year ago.

B) You can use a standard HDMI cable which can be bought for $10 online.

C) The Nintendo component cable is $34.99 with a minimum $7.00 shipping fee.

...but according to your Logic, at least Nintendo isn't as bad as Sony?? Crazy logic.

I mean I get you people are the whole Nintendo can do no wrong and Sony sucks type of people but go post in other threads where Sony's faults are more obvious.

Mrbob

So has Nintendo received the damn message yet?

Good grief, the lack of available for component cables is the only thing that is annoying me about the Wii.

HELLO NINTENDO. I THINK PERHAPS THERE IS SOME DEMAND FOR THESE CABLES.

honestly. i wouldn't sell mine for $200 though. no way.

Top Bottom