• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World and Games Japan Festa 2006 in OSAKA

Some photos and info
- Red Steel was very popular
- 240min queue for Zelda(!!)
- Taito Train Peripheral shown (Connects to Wii mote it seems)

Current Nintendo World Queue Updates
Experience stand waiting inside meeting place <9: 45 renewals>
&#12288;Wii Sports (tennis) &#8658; They are approximately 60 minutes
&#12288;Wii Sports (baseball) &#8658; They are approximately 40 minutes
&#12288;Wii Sports (golf) &#8658; They are approximately 40 minutes
&#12288;Wii Sports (bowling) &#8658; They are approximately 40 minutes
&#12288;Wii Sports (boxing) &#8658; They are approximately 30 minutes
&#12288;New Wii &#8658; They are approximately 40 minutes
&#12288;[Made in Wario] which threatens &#8658; They are approximately 50 minutes
&#12288;Legendary twilight princess of [zeruda] &#8658; They are approximately 240 minutes
&#12288;[pokemon] &#8658; They are approximately 20 minutes
&#12288;Wii it is soft the head private school &#8658; They are approximately 30 minutes
&#12288;[Super Mario Galaxy] &#8658; They are approximately 100 minutes
&#12288;[Dragon Quest] queen of mask and tower of mirror&#12288; &#8658; They are approximately 70 minutes

Add more as its found.
061112485_1.jpg

061112485_2.jpg

061112485_3.jpg

Cooking Mama
061112484_1.jpg

061112484_2.jpg

061111481_3.jpg

061111481_4.jpg

061111481_2.jpg

Red Steel = the first FPS to sell well in Japan? (...besides Metroid Prime... but that's a FPA...)

...we'll know in a few weeks

this is Games Festa Nintendo World is in a few hours (in the same place as far as i can make out)

most Wii queues were busy (Pangya and Red Steel very popular)
Wii queues in general were busy much more so than any other game/console on display here including DS/360 and PS3 again as far as i can make out!

Naruto playable on ROM development carts!
061112483_1.jpg

061112483_2.jpg

061112483_3.jpg

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I don't get the peripheal thing. Wasn't enought with doing virtual mannets to hadle with the wiimote and the Nunchuck?

Don't understand.

Vyse The Legend said:
There is something very wrong with this picture, and it's not the pedobear.

Hint:
Look at the shadow of the boy holding the Wii controller that is being cast against the wall.
:lol

OMFG :lol :lol

dyls

OT, but this reminded me of the last Nintendo World, which reminded me of SSB:B, which reminded me that I stil haven't seen a direct-feed of the new trailer. Does it exist, or are we only going to get that crappy off-screen one?

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
Vyse The Legend said:

Hint:
Look at the shadow of the boy holding the Wii controller that is being cast against the wall.

HAHAHA!

mrkgoo

Vyse The Legend said:

Hint:

The shadow is probably more likely from the lady with the microphone (judging fromt eh direction of the light).

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Am I right in reading that list to mean that they aren't showing off Metroid Prime at the show?

Lobster

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:

Hint:

:lol :lol Now everytime I look at Wii pics im straightaway gonna look at shadows. Darnit!

Nice to hear Wii was the top of the show and BTW, whats up with the Naruto ROMs? They're totally stealable.

spritex

But but... what's that plastic bag thingy in the second picture?

EDIT: It's just the cable for the train controller thingy, right?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Vyse The Legend said:

Hint:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Chemo

ethelred said:
Are you kidding? It's just a damned disc.
Is that really necessary? The disc has attractive design, if it didn't matter what was on top of the disc then they'd just write "ZELDA" on it with a black marker.

Taker666

Seems a bit stupid for the Train controller to have a cord that connects to the Wiimote.

Why not just make it a shell which the Wiimote slots into, that way you'd still have the rumble and sound effects with the added bonus of no cords lying around.

dkeane

Taker666 said:
Seems a bit stupid for the Train controller to have a cord that connects to the Wiimote.

Why not just make it a shell which the Wiimote slots into, that way you'd still have the rumble and sound effects with the added bonus of no cords lying around.
Probably so you can still use the remote to use the Wii interface (Channels and system navigation)

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Calidor said:
That pic is so wrong that it doesn't even need a photoshop

a shadow of an adult holding a microphone is "so wrong"?

wtf is wrong with you guys...unless you've seen someone sucking on a dismembered penis in your paedo-obsessed lives then I fail to see how anyone without serious sexual issues can see anything remotely related to what several of you have implied.

Taker666

studio810 said:
Probably so you can still use the remote to use the Wii interface (Channels and system navigation)

Surely they could do a work around? Seems a shame to lose some of the Wiimotes functionality just to get around a couple of menus.

psy18

MrSardonic said:
a shadow of an adult holding a microphone is "so wrong"?

wtf is wrong with you guys...unless you've seen someone sucking on a dismembered penis in your paedo-obsessed lives then I fail to see how anyone without serious sexual issues can see anything remotely related to what several of you have implied.

Since you bring that up:

h-103_63005_144.JPG.jpg

I see NOTHING wrong in this picture.

Top Bottom