• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendogs + Cats |OT| Of The Excess Dog Population

the cats are a bit too stiff, especially young kittens are a lot more flexible, but the eye and head movements as well as the tail movements when going prone before jumping are extremely well done.

Right now I've got my Deutsche Dogge Gordon, and my Kitten Alyx (lol HL2 fan here)
Going to buy a second cat that I'll call Kleiner.

eudaemonic said:
Does anyone know if you'll still grab Mii visitors in your plaza while walking your dog?

Thanks!
I've seen multiple people (here and GameFAQs) say that yes, Streetpass works when in pedometer mode, but I can't vouch for it myself.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
couldn't work out streetpass on this until just now. if you have something in your diary, it should flash, or have that little green blob on it to show you where to touch. Also, when it comes up with 'meet at the park', I assumed you couldn't, because it says 'draw a line from your dog to the dog you want to meet' - but the line that is already there from my dog doesn't join up with the other dog. But apparantly you can just ignore that and draw a line straight across and it works just fine. So what are those three diagonal lines for!?

Manmedaz

eudaemonic said:
Does anyone know if you'll still grab Mii visitors in your plaza while walking your dog?

Thanks!

Yes, it happened to me twice or so. It works for every StreetPass connexions (be it games or Mii Plaza/Games. Also, if you meet someone while walking your dog with the pedometer, the notebook where you can see the faces of the dogs you've met is opened and shows the dog(s) you met :).

So, definitly, no worries to have about that.

Chorazin

My dog is horrible at the disc competition. He responds instantly when we're on the practice field and comes when I call, but during competition the little fucker just lays there chewing the goddamn disc.

Grrrrrrr

beje

Banned
While compared with the NDS Nintendogs, does it include more content or playability? I completely skipped the first one due to being extremely light on those concepts.

f@luS

More than a member.
Chorazin said:
My dog is horrible at the disc competition. He responds instantly when we're on the practice field and comes when I call, but during competition the little fucker just lays there chewing the goddamn disc.

Grrrrrrr

use the stylus in bottom of the screen many times he will come back asap

Fuck, not only did my dog Andy become plump overnight, but I just took him for a morning walk and he decided to take a shit in a flower patch of grass

WTF Andy?!

I know it's not 2005 anymore; am I the only one with a new Drinky puppy? My Drinky is a female beagle.
d4nB.left.jpg

Neuromancer said:
Love this game but earning $800 to buy a cat seems excessive. Is there any way to make money other than doing those competitions? I'm terrible at them and I always get 3rd, which is like $10.
Don't you start off with something like $600, though? I bought a few toys and accessories, then noticed I was a few hundred short to get a cat.
brohmbel said:
I think you've got the pictures flip-flopped. Was this supposed to be cross-eyed 3D? I swapped the left and right pictures with each other, and it looks better:
If the pictures are in L-R order, that's for parallel viewing. If they're in R-L order, that's for cross-viewing. Most universal is to do L-R-L or R-L-R so both types of viewers can get the pair they need.

Manmedaz said:
Yes, it happened to me twice or so. It works for every StreetPass connexions (be it games or Mii Plaza/Games. Also, if you meet someone while walking your dog with the pedometer, the notebook where you can see the faces of the dogs you've met is opened and shows the dog(s) you met :).

So, definitly, no worries to have about that.

Awesome! Thanks!

I got a cat. Named her Chibi. First named that popped in my head. Pretty fun cat to she keeps hissing at my dog lol.

To bad the cats are not more fleshed out. I know cats don't go for walks or anything but it would've been cool to do something more with them. But seeing her play around with the cat wand is funny.

I now have 2,600 dollars from competitions. Getting them easy now mostly sticking to winning amature cups. I'll probably buy a diffeent breed of cat. I just can't buy to mqny animals that was my problem in the first game.

Back from StreetPass walking with Andy and he's famished and parched from the long walk

He's gonna stay that way for the rest of the day as punishment for pooping on flowers.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Don't you start off with something like $600, though? I bought a few toys and accessories, then noticed I was a few hundred short to get a cat.
Yeah I've bought a bunch of stuff though. Oh well, guess I better get good at the competitions. Selling unwanted items gives you next to nothing it seems.

Chorazin

Neuromancer said:
Yeah I've bought a bunch of stuff though. Oh well, guess I better get good at the competitions. Selling unwanted items gives you next to nothing it seems.

Getting $100 from first place in the Amature Cup for disc was pretty easy once I found out tapping the screen will make your dog come back faster. Only gotta do that a few times until you get some sweet pussy cat in your crib.

Chorazin said:
Getting $100 from first place in the Amature Cup for disc was pretty easy once I found out tapping the screen will make your dog come back faster. Only gotta do that a few times until you get some sweet pussy cat in your crib.
Ok I'll give that a shot tonight. Thanks!

Londa

Banned
did you know that you can actually grab the tails? I had no idea until my dog turned around so his back was facing mines. I though, I wonder if I can grab his tail, and it worked. The game has more interrations with the pets than the orignial.

Chorazin

Londa said:
did you know that you can actually grab the tails? I had no idea until my dog turned around so his back was facing mines. I though, I wonder if I can grab his tail, and it worked. The game has more interrations with the pets than the orignial.

You can grab their ears too, if you're a heartless monster.

Soi-Fong

Would this game be worth a buy when I never played the original ones and am hoping to get a game which my GF and I could play together?

discohiro

JoshuaJSlone said:
I know it's not 2005 anymore; am I the only one with a new Drinky puppy? My Drinky is a female beagle.

Hah! I completely forgot about that! I think I'll name my next pup after Drinky.

Soi-Fong said:
Would this game be worth a buy when I never played the original ones and am hoping to get a game which my GF and I could play together?
Yes. My wife really likes it.

In other news just got a cat last night, hurray!

Gravijah

Neuromancer said:
Yes. My wife really likes it.

In other news just got a cat last night, hurray!

Since you start with a bunch of money, I'm not sure if I should save it to invest in a cat or if I should just buy some stuff for my puppy...

Chorazin

Gravijah said:
Since you start with a bunch of money, I'm not sure if I should save it to invest in a cat or if I should just buy some stuff for my puppy...

Why buy him a squeaky bone when you can buy him a moving, meowing chew toy? Cat acts as both!

Gravijah said:
Moneys not hard to come by when you get the hang of the different tournaments.

Thanks for that!
On one hand: yay! I haven't missed anything
On the other: boo! Nintendo are really slacking on Spotpass so far!

This game, though slight, is wonderfully charming. Surprised more aren't playing it.....

Wow, I just got a SpotPass notification from the game a few minutes ago, much to my surprise.

I can now go to the park and interact with Teddy Roosevelt's dog, Pete! Even got a wooden stick from Teddy. And he has over 90k owner points! (This does count as a StreetPass tag just so you know)

Can't wait to see more presidential pets in the future

watershed

Banned
lazybones18 said:
Wow, I just got a SpotPass notification from the game a few minutes ago, much to my surprise.

I can now go to the park and interact with Teddy Roosevelt's dog, Pete! Even got a wooden stick from Teddy. And he has over 90k owner points! (This does count as a StreetPass tag just so you know)

Can't wait to see more presidential pets in the future

Wow, now I can't wait to get home to connect my 3ds to the internet. Does Pete stick around permanently or is it a one time thing? Nintendo should promote this stuff more so people know about it.

artwalknoon said:
Wow, now I can't wait to get home to connect my 3ds to the internet. Does Pete stick around permanently or is it a one time thing? Nintendo should promote this stuff more so people know about it.
If it's like regular street pass hits, you'll see him walking around the neighborhood randomly.

Chorazin

artwalknoon said:
Teddy and Pete showed up as if we StreetPassed, so he should act like other StreetPassed people you meet.

watershed

Banned
I forgot about the new spotpass update and just booted up my 3ds for the first time all week. Kinda nice to unexpected see the blue light flash.

Although Nintendogs is lacking in original content now that I'm playing with the latest update I'm reminded of how solid a sim game it really is. Nintendo did a great job of capturing the joy of pet ownership and the small interactions between cats and dogs. Now if only there were more to do in the game...

Sora_N

I got all 3 copies, only planning to keep one for myself. I'm undecided, there's a few dogs I like in each one even though I like cat more. Damn them for not focusing a bit more on cats!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I got all 3 copies, only planning to keep one for myself. I'm undecided, there's a few dogs I like in each one even though I like cat more. Damn them for not focusing a bit more on cats!

I thought all dogs are unlockable with any copy?

Help!

My niece was playing on my 3DS and donated one of my pets to the Pet Hotel. Is there any way to get it back or am I fucked? Thanks.

Edit: disaster averted, apparently she didn't save because when I quit out of the game without saving and loaded it back up, Smokey the cat was back!

Top Bottom