• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendogs Switch?

hampig

Nintendogs-Cats-3DS-gameplay.jpg

Switch would be a great place for Nintendogs.

• The motion controls and HD rumble for realistic dog petting.
  • A nice portable system that lets you take your little friend on the go.
  • The power of a home console combined with the sparse environments would be a great showpiece for the system graphically.
  • More mass market appeal.

The series has the numbers:
"As of March 31, 2015, all versions of Nintendogs combined have sold 23.96 million copies worldwide"

Doesn't this seem like sort of an obvious choice for launching a new system? Zelda, Mario, Nintendogs. That covers a LOT of the bases that they would want to cover.

What do you think? Will we see a Nintendogs on Switch?

The Haptic Feedback the screen seemingly has would be a good showcase for it, but I think people aren't interested in paying for Nintendogs anymore.
Might be a great fit for smart phones or a digital release, though

Oppo

shame it doesn't have real cameras, it's a shoe-in for a fun AR game.

you know like Pokemon GO.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Imagine Nintencats where you can feel the purrrrr through HD Rumble. Kids would flip.

As far as mobile goes... Make Switch the main platform but add a companion app so you can do some stuff on your phone.

Really love the nintendogs franchise, would love to see it resurface. I think it suits the 3ds a bit more, since it's that bit more portable and has the pedometer etc built in, but the dogs looking even cuter with the improved graphics, I would go either way.

hampig

Really love the nintendogs franchise, would love to see it resurface. I think it suits the 3ds a bit more, since it's that bit more portable and has the pedometer etc built in, but the dogs looking even cuter with the improved graphics, I would go either way.

I think it would be a good showcase of the HD rumble. Petting the animal and feeling the touch connect. Feeling cats purr, feeling the dog pull on the leash. Would have motion control for frisbee and ball throwing. Lots of cool tricks that I think would be impressive to non-gamers.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Could see it comes back on mobile - seems like the better format for such a game. Obv. they could port the mobile game to Switch as well.

It should be on both mobile and Switch. Mobile makes more sense if there can only be one, but I don't see any reason why it should be only on one.

Skeletos311

Miyamoto revealed he has a hamster during the Mario demo. Nintenhamsters confirmed. HD rumble can simulate holding a hamster in your hands.

Coffinhal

I figure this series will eventually come back with the Pokemon license.

It makes sense in the game as a gameplay feature.

Maybe if it can connect to an iOS/Android app to save progress "on the go" ? (game is playable without a mainline Pokémon game though)

latest

I think it would be a good showcase of the HD rumble. Petting the animal and feeling the touch connect. Feeling cats purr, feeling the dog pull on the leash. Would have motion control for frisbee and ball throwing. Lots of cool tricks that I think would be impressive to non-gamers.

Ah, that is true! It would be amazing if you got that kind of ripple feel when a cat or dog will kind of mexican wave their back against your hand as you pet them.

Top Bottom