• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 3DS 2011 Lineup (with 3rd parties too)

Bear

Wow, Level 5 has an insanely good lineup for a relatively small company. Outside of possibly Capcom, I don't think any third parties are sinking nearly as much cash into the 3DS development as they are. Glad to see the higher development costs haven't seemed to hinder them at all, that was the big factor in DS development.

Really looking forward to Fantasy Life in particular, I have a good feeling about that one.

Takao

Banned
If Level-5 is a proficient in the development of 3DS titles, as they are on PSP titles, expect to see those releases spreaded anywhere from 2011 to 2015. :lol

flawfuls

Mank said:
That totally looks like the dad from Baki the Grappler... but that wouldn't make any sense...

The game is a hostess sim with a bunch of anime/manga characters so that would make perfect sense.

Poyunch

flawfuls said:
The game is a hostess sim with a bunch of anime/manga characters so that would make perfect sense.
I thought it was some parody with Capcom characters. I thought that was Akuma without a ponytail. :lol

Luigi87

As soon as I started looking at the images, my mouth started watering... So good...

Also, kinda weird, considering that's a reaction for food...

I know this is really shallow, but it really bothers me that the screen resolution is less than the PSP. I want sharpness to go with those awesome graphics goddammit.

*sigh*

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
friskykillface said:
i'm excited for the GB/GBC VC and did they say GBA games as well?

please be $2 for GB, $3 for GBC , a man can dream :lol

5 for GB/GBC and 8 for GBA is my guess. GB and GBC are really the same tech so I don't think they'll differentiate in prices.

Predicted game prices... (basically tag on $10 more to each regular DS game price)

US: $39.99-$44.99
CA: $44.99-$49.99 (always $5 more for some reason)
JP: ¥5,800 (I think most DS games are 4,800?)

Where did that come from?

I doubt it will happen. When the DS launched, most 3rd party games were 39.99.

That lasted about a month.

Now only the pokemons are above 29.99.

Gamer @ Heart said:
I know this is really shallow, but it really bothers me that the screen resolution is less than the PSP. I want sharpness to go with those awesome graphics goddammit.

*sigh*

Don't worry yet, these are all games that are still in development. Although I'm sure some of them are close to being finished seeing as we have 2 months and 13 days to go until JPN release...

KevinCow

Banned
039_2.jpg

Oh wow. I hadn't seen this picture before. For some reason, it really gets me hyped for this game.

I hope we can get some hands-on info on it soon, though. Details on how it controls, how the ground portions play out, stuff like that. I want to know that it's more than just Sin & Punishment with a different skin, and I really want to know that the ground portions are more than tossing you in an arena and throwing enemies at you.

Nocebo

What are the chances for someone ordering a 3DS from a Japanese online store getting it shipped to him/her within a month after release?

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Gamer @ Heart said:
I thought GBA was never confirmed?
Yes. But they did implied "maybe". Full GBA emulation is kinda CPU intensive, and not really friendly for multi CPU solutions (?).

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Nocebo said:
What are the chances for someone ordering a 3DS from a Japanese online store getting it shipped to him/her within a month after release?

Very good if you are willing to pay big bucks.

Calcaneus

Man, looking at this list and some of the other console lineup threads, 2011 is gonna be a fucking insane year.

Have we ever had a hand held launch year as good as this? Add to that solid years for the other hardware and goddamn.

KevinCow said:
039_2.jpg

Oh wow. I hadn't seen this picture before. For some reason, it really gets me hyped for this game.

I hope we can get some hands-on info on it soon, though. Details on how it controls, how the ground portions play out, stuff like that.

Stick for running around, L button to shoot, stylus to move target reticle. It will probably be like S&P but can you complain? :D

Kuran

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:

*sigh*

Besides maybe Resident Evil and Mario Kart, most of these games look like PSP titles.

What bothers me even more is that both screens are not the same resultion / ratio, thats just messy and cheap on Nintendo's part.

Hmm...deja vu on the thread :p

Kuran said:
What bothers me even more is that both screens are not the same resultion / ratio, thats just messy and cheap on Nintendo's part.
How else could they have done it? If the bottom screen was wider, there would be no room for the controls. If the top screen was narrower (and thus lower resolution), that would suck (and probably wasn't an option since the 3d screens are specialized screens being provided for them).

Nocebo said:

Play-Asia has them up for preorder on a reserve list. I have finished adding the rest of the games from the list. Let me know if I missed anything else. I'll be keeping tabs on release dates and more game announcements.

I know there are lots of other games besides whats on the list, but I only included the games with pics (with exception of a very select few)

Kuran

Banned
Dreamwriter said:
Hmm...deja vu on the thread :p

How else could they have done it? If the bottom screen was wider, there would be no room for the controls. If the top screen was narrower (and thus lower resolution), that would suck (and probably wasn't an option since the 3d screens are specialized screens being provided for them).

I don't know. redesign the hardware so it would work? The PSP has controls next to a wider screen and works fine.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Kuran said:
I don't know. redesign the hardware so it would work? The PSP has controls next to a wider screen and works fine.
But I would argue that keeping the successful DSL form factor makes more sense than going the PSP route...

Rich!

Kuran said:

The PSP is also a hassle to get into my pocket, and would be even worse as a clamshell design.

Poyunch

Kuran said:
The clamshell design wouldn't work if they wanted both screens to be the same width and keep it at a nice portable size.

Dreamwriter said:
Alternatively you could make the bottom screen bigger and just stretch the top and bottom. You'd have a lot of empty space on the top screen though. I'd honestly like to see what that would look like even though I probably wouldn't like carrying one.

Kuran

Banned
Lonely1 said:
But I would argue that keeping the successful DSL form factor makes more sense than going the PSP route...

And I can agree to that, it's just a shame that the screens are so different from each other, and that either of them is rather low resolution.

Kuran said:
No it doesn't, the PSP is too wide to fit in most people's pockets because of that. The PSPGo works, but that's because it has slide-out controls where the 3DS bottom screen would be.

Edit: Beat

Rich!

MidnightScott said:
Well this site says someone at Walmart leaked the 3DS as releasing on March 15th, 2011 in the US, and they have scans:

http://kadoogames.com/?p=2068

That would equal a probable March 18th date for the UK. I'm cool with that.

edit - duke nukem forever in June? Thought it was earlier. :lol

Sims 3 and Ridge Racer 3DS are set for 22nd March in those docs too. Looks like this could be it.

Street Fighter IV on the 29th.

15th is on a Tuesday, so maybe they're releasing games before the hardware? Or it's a placeholder date.

Nintendo hardware does not release on weekdays.

AniHawk

MidnightScott said:
Well this site says someone at Walmart leaked the 3DS as releasing on March 15th, 2011 in the US, and they have scans:

http://kadoogames.com/?p=2068

Something tells me the 3DS will hit on a Sunday. Judging by the release dates of some of those other games, I'm going to guess the 20th or 27th.

I think the release date for Wii games we received were listed as coming in earlier than the system itself, but we couldn't sell them until launch anyway.

Rich!

AniHawk said:
Something tells me the 3DS will hit on a Sunday. Judging by the release dates of some of those other games, I'm going to guess the 20th or 27th.

I think the release date for Wii games we received were listed as coming in earlier than the system itself, but we couldn't sell them until launch anyway.

20th would be my bet.

A 25th March date in the UK (friday releases for games and consoles over here) would coincide with the two week school holiday which starts the day after...

Edit - ah, my calendar is wrong. The two week leave starts on the 7th April. It'd still be close enough though to hit the Easter holidays.

I'd bet just a week or two after the Japanese launch. The DS was within 2 weeks, and more recently the Wii as well. With their waiting extra time before launch (as they had originally planned on shipping this year, probably in November), they should have enough launch units to not have a problem with supply for a worldwide launch within a couple weeks.

Kuran said:
richisawesome said:
The PSP is also a hassle to get into my pocket, and would be even worse as a clamshell design.
PounchEnvy said:
The clamshell design wouldn't work if they wanted both screens to be the same width and keep it at a nice portable size.
Dreamwriter said:
No it doesn't, the PSP is too wide to fit in most people's pockets because of that.
In this thread we learn that an additional 0.6" of width to make the bottom screen size match the top screen would cause the 3DS to become pocket-resistant. Checking now, adding 0.6" to the 3DS's width would make it the width of the DS Phat, the height of the DS Lite, and still thinner than either. Also, still 0.7" less wide than PSP.
Dreamwriter said:
I'd bet just a week or two after the Japanese launch. The DS was within 2 weeks, and more recently the Wii as well.
DS and Wii actually hit US a couple weeks before Japan, but I'd argue that timing was more of a necessity due to the holiday sales period being a hair earlier here in the US. Missing any of the Thanksgiving->Christmas period would be bad. In the spring we just have to worry about, of course, the seasonal boost DS gets from Easter.

c_k_i_t3

jamesinclair said:
Where did that come from?

I doubt it will happen. When the DS launched, most 3rd party games were 39.99.

That lasted about a month.

Now only the pokemons are above 29.99.

I also want to know where those predictions come from.

Afterall Iwata himself said that high priced software won't sell on the 3DS:

Satoru Iwata said:
We don't believe that the world is in a state where high priced

software will sell well, so we don't believe it will be in a price range too far off from

current DS software.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/01/3ds_software/

Kenka

wazoo said:
Just preordered my 3DS from Amazon France at 249E (Tax included).

germany-argentina-adler-face-palm-15302542__MBQF.jpg

249 € ? Fucking seriously ? It will translate into a 400 CHF price point here. Fuck's sake, that's a Wii !

ShinNL

I'm going to be a loser casual non-gamer right now and say that I want Nintendogs+Cats the most out of all games. I always loooooved cats but I can't get any at the moment because some of my roommates are allergic and I'm afraid I'll be away for too much in this period of my life. 3D kittens... I want!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The 15th is almost always certainly without a doubt a placeholder date. Always.

StuBurns said:
Why are there two RE games?

3DS Revelations - single player horror

3DS Mercenaries - multiplayer-focused, no story

Kenka said:
249 € ? Fucking seriously ? It will translate into a 400 CHF price point here. Fuck's sake, that's a Wii !

Yes, but since I don't have a Wii and I want 3DS I'm ok with that. :lol

As for Kingdom Hearts - can Nomura just cut everything and start a new story? KH's plot is a mess since KH2, I don't think even S-E knows what's going on anymore.

Danielsan

StuBurns said:
Why are there two RE games?
Because Capcom likes money and decided to split the multiplayer and the singleplayer.

I'm still undecided on the 3DS. On the one hand it's cool and I could really go for a new fresh gaming system right now. On the other hand, the lineup doesn't do much for me.

Top Bottom