• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's full fiscal report PDF (Half year)

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
MightyHedgehog said:
Just post the good stuff...

Scooping the text out the PDF is not working - unreadable. Any ideas? :)

What do you think that is Folder ...

theattentionwhore.jpg

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
That's not on at all. I am just trying to get it up on the forum.
Forget it. If you think that it's not a worthwhile read and that I'm some kind of attention seeker, we'll leave it at that.

Folder said:
Forget it. If you think that it's not a worthwhile read and that I'm some kind of attention seeker, we'll leave it at that.

Good.

mj1108

Looks like he's trying to balance out the positivity of the DS thread with a potential "Nintendo iz teh d00medz" thread. ;)

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
MightyHedgehog said:
Just post the good stuff...

The highlights:

• Net profits were up 97.7 percent over the same period in 2003, due in large part to strong software sales and a larger exchange gain
• Strong software sales during the period contributed to an increase in operational profits of 141.1 percent over the same period the previous year
• Game Boy Advance software had a strong showing, with 17.47 million units shipped, an increase of more than 65 percent over the same period the previous year
• Nintendo GameCube software was up as well, with 7.36 million units shipped, a 19 percent increase over the same three-month period in 2003
• Nintendo GameCube consoles spiked in sales over the same period last year, with 650,000 units shipped this period, a 712.5 percent increase

Financial information for April-June in millions of Yen:

April-June 2004 April-June 2003 % change
Net Sales 82,153 83,821 (2.0)
Operational Profit 17,467 7,245 141.1
Recurring Profit 36,505 17,713 106.1
Net Profit 22,635 11,450 97.7

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
mj1108 said:
Looks like he's trying to balance out the positivity of the DS thread with a potential "Nintendo iz teh d00medz" thread. ;)

Quite the reverse. Nintendo's best financials in a long time.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Thought I should add, for those looking for a summary, that the cash position at the moment is $6.8bn...it seems to be a constant source of speculation here, so there's the latest figure ;)

AniHawk

gofreak said:
Thought I should add, for those looking for a summary, that the cash position at the moment is $6.8bn...it seems to be a constant source of speculation here, so there's the latest figure ;)

Pretty good. About a year ago it was $5-6 something billion.

Should go down by the end of the year or whenever they have that huge buyout of stocks.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
AniHawk said:
Pretty good. About a year ago it was $5-6 something billion.

Should go down by the end of the year or whenever they have that huge buyout of stocks.

Ja. The fluctuating exchange rates could have a lot to do with the figures aswell...as far as I can see, almost all of Nintendo's cash is held in the dollars and euros.

Deg

Banned
Guess it makes sense why the analysts say they have no concerns for Nintendo's business. Their software is doing better this year actually.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Deg said:
Guess it makes sense why the analysts say they have no concerns for Nintendo's business. Their software is doing better this year actually.

Indeed, due to Nintendo releasing more/publishing more titles.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
gofreak said:

Their current hard cash reserve value I take it gf?

Well you kind of leave yourself open to that when you respond to a link to the English version by mentioning that you have the English version.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Li Mu Bai said:
Their current hard cash reserve value I take it gf?

Yeah, I think they termed it "Cash and Equivalents". Looking at the breakdown in distribution over dollars and euros, they show how much of it is actual hard cash, and how much of it is Accounts Receivable..the vast majority was hard cash. Also, they must have very little of it in Yen, looking at the dollar/euro figures..

jarrod

Banned
AniHawk said:
I thought the GBA/SP would be a lot further along than 53 million by now.
Me as well, though about half that is from the US alone. GBA is really lagging in PAL regions due to high pricing, Nintendo needs to drop in those regions. Introduction into China will probably help drive sales also.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Milhouse31 said:
GBASP = 120 euro ( +/- $140 ) That's a SHAME

Don't worry, the SP price reductions will be coming soon enough. I estimate a late Sept. to October price drop here in NA, mirrored by JPN. If Nintendo was truly willing to overlook the monetary bottom line in exchange for increased volume, they would drop it in the UK this November. Especially as seeing how the DS will render it obsolete.

Top Bottom