• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh 2 - DLC #1: The Tengu's Disciple (July 30th). New weapon, Splitstaff

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The Tengu's Disciple, the first of three DLC chapters, releases on July 30. The DLC format follows a similar model to the first game, seemingly including new Yokai, gear, guardian spirits, quests, difficulty levels.

The new weapon for DLC 1 is called the Splitstaff. I hoped it was a three section staff finally, but it appears to be something new. Looks like a staff where the ends can come off with an elastic rope. Looks similar to the Lunar Staff in Ninja Gaiden, but different.

YukiOnna

Excited af. Already picturing the various combos you can execute after unlocking the skills. More than anything, I'm happy the wait isn't long to dive back into Nioh 2. Curious how the story will unfold and I hope they decided to add more Story and Side Missions to each DLC this time around.

We've got a stream on the 29th, as well

isual

ecstatic about this myself too. i should finish tsushima before then and hopefully the book i'm reading too by the time it releases.

on topic, we can assume that dlc 2 and 3 will come out every other month going onward?

The Shepard

Brought the game and expansion pass at launch, can't wait to jump back in.

Trophy list

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Any word what ng+ brings?

If it follows the pattern of the first game, it should unlock Dream of the Strong (NG++) which raises caps on levels and gear. I wouldn't expect too much beyond that as the real game-changer on the original came with DLC 2 and Way Of the Wise (NG+++), as it was the point where difficulty really shot up. DLC 3's Way Of The Nioh (NG++++) was a comparatively gentle uptick for the most part, but had the Abyss (999 floor dungeon) for long-term challenge.

TN have been making hints that they felt like they made the original too punishing though, so who knows how stuff will shake out.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the off-topic comment, but did they ever officially announce a PC version? A quick search turned up only speculation.

YukiOnna

Details from the stream!

9A56K2u.png

Nioh 2 DLC 2 is planned to release in the Autumn period while Nioh 2 DLC 3 is TBD.
  • The difficulty of the DLC is balanced for players who have completed the main game at around level 120
  • The first mission of the DLC, meanwhile, titled A Song to Calm the Storm, takes place in the coastal location of Yashima
  • It is a location designed to torment the player
  • New crab-like Yokai Bakegani
  • the duration of a transformation into half-yokai form is much longer and allows you to deal a considerable amount of damage
  • New Demon Parade Picture Scroll element
  • Drops on the Dream of Strong or higher Difficulty
  • Once used, will unveil a special mission you have to complete, completing the special mission multiple times will give you a different stat buff
  • DLC is planned to be 10 hours with 2 main missions and 8 sub missions
More at the link: https://www.ign.com/articles/nioh-2...review-first-dlc-brings-a-tough-new-challenge

I've finished the third Nioh's DLC today.
I'm gonna take a break, wait for all Nioh 2's DLCs to be released (I already have the game) and then dive into it.

Pejo

Sorry for the off-topic comment, but did they ever officially announce a PC version? A quick search turned up only speculation.
Nothing solid yet. General consensus is that they're waiting until all the DLC releases on PS4 before they announce a date for PC, so better plan on a wait.

On topic - my new main weapon. Love battle staves in games where they're not just a weak ass mage's catalyst. I hope there's some plain model staves though, without the little weird shit on the end.

JTCx

New splitstaff looks sick. Looks like im respeccing for new build. Not looking forward to familiarity grind :lollipop_anxious_sweat:

Doesnt seem like they increased the level cap for divine gear.

Last edited:

splattered

Has this been well balance patched yet? I remember reading people complaining about different things and i figured i would wait until adjustments were made...

Played and enjoyed the first one though i didn't get around to playing through the DLC as i felt the main game seemed "complete" enough after so many hours of play.. one day i'll go back though.

NT80

I was hoping for claws and a rapier in the style Maria used in Nioh 1's DLC. I do hope that wasn't the lightning cat boss from Nioh 1 in that trailer.

YukiOnna

Got through the first story mission and a couple of side ones. The new weapon is lit and I like the changes to the level design and story structure within areas. Yashima is lovely.

Top Bottom