• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh 2 key artwork + screenshots

Mista

Banned
Nioh-2-Key-Art_08-22-19.jpg

Team Ninja creative director Tom Lee has revealed the key artwork and new screenshots of Nioh 2 in a post on the PlayStation Blog, as well as confirmed plans to exhibit the game at Tokyo Game Show 2019, which will run from September 12 to 15 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba.

Here is the full update:
Hey folks! It’s Tom from Team Ninja to give you a quick update on Nioh 2. To kick things off, I’d like to share with you the latest key visual showcasing our new protagonist. As you may have been able to detect from the visual, our central character is a half-breed. He is part human as well as possessing the extraordinary power of the Yokai. As a samurai warrior, his journey takes us through the treacherous Sengoku period of Japan. And his transformation from human to fiend will take him deep into the Dark Realm of the Yokai. I promise you that this metamorphosis will be spectacular and result in some truly intense action.

I also wanted to thank you and briefly let you know that we had a really productive alpha demo session back in May / June of this year. Over 50,000 players took part in this closed demo worldwide and nearly 18,000 participants responded to our survey afterwards! The overwhelming majority of opinions were very positive and supportive of the demo as we received tons of comments and constructive feedback for us to analyze. And since then, we have been hard at work to process all of that data and make the necessary adjustments to create an even more exceptional experience. Thanks again to everyone who participated in the alpha demo survey. We can’t wait to share the progress with you guys!

Speaking of which, we will be showing off a brand new consumer demo at the Tokyo Game Show 2019 in September. I can’t really disclose the specifics at this point, but more details will definitely be coming down the pipe soon. So stay tuned Yokai hunters! And prepare to unleash your darkness as Nioh 2 is on the horizon!

Screenshots:
Gematsu

Pejo

This game is my #1 most anticipated game right now. I'm a little bummed that 2h Axe seems to have been....axed, but I can't wait to get my hands on this. I had so much fun with the original Nioh and I just want more.

mejin

So many games next for ps4 that I actually forgot about this one. lol

Wonder if they'll go with a worldwide release on february once again.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
looks pretty cool. however i'm still working through the first game, and by the time i finish, i will have had enough fighting the same enemies over and over for 100 hours. will skip.

mcz117chief

I had my fill of Nioh with the 1st game. I don't think I will ever replay it or buy the second one. The atmosphere, characters and environments weren't as unique or interesting as the Daemon's Souls and Dark Souls series, which I have replayed numerous times. I'll patiently wait for the next Ninja Gaiden instead.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
looks pretty cool. however i'm still working through the first game, and by the time i finish, i will have had enough fighting the same enemies over and over for 100 hours. will skip.

I put nearly 400 hours into my first playthrough, and still went back since for a replay. I have to disagree with the "same enemies" argument because frankly visual difference matters less than how the encounters play out. And in Nioh, how you play on the starting difficulty bears little resemblance to how you have to on the harder difficulties. The combat gameplay evolves in Nioh in a way that none of the Souls' series does, which is one of the reasons why I rate it so highly.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Was hoping for a sexy female lead character. Thats what I used to build (as best I could) in Tenchu Z all those years ago. Ah well.

Well if its like original Nioh, you can earn skins of most of the major npc's in the game. Not to mention that Nioh2 has a character creator to start with.

DESTROYA

Just bought Nioh for PC and it looks and plays great and if 2 improves on the formula I’ll probably get it again when it comes to the PC.
A smooth 60 FPS on the highest graphics settings is the way to play this game.

Poordevil

I really like Nioh. I still play it on and off. I put it right up there with the greats like Tenchu, Onimusha, Ninja Gaiden, Souls. Fast action, looks good, runs silky smooth on PS4. l love the bow and switching stances with the sword. I think it has the most developed combat of all. I am ready for some Nioh 2!

Last edited:
Top Bottom