• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIVIDA Transformative Moment in AI -Live

mitch1971

Is there an AI that predicts if I can keep my job for the next 5 years?
computer GIF

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I’m not gonna pretend like I understood everything but what was presented looked pretty wild to me. I’ve heard before a couple of times how AI will transform medicine and seeing now Nvidia actually dipping into that topic as well was cool.

Coupling this with quantum computers has the potential to transform our lives. Despite all the negativity the next few years should be a wild ride.

Hudo

They need to bring something very big to the table to make me even consider a series 5000.
And be reasonably priced (which it won't be)

I would seriously consider a 5090 if it had at least 32 GB of VRAM. I'd even be willing to pay $1400 (which won't be enough) for that.
5080 should not be more than $700 (which it won't be).

The market is fucked.

They can dynamically switch between precisions without hindering the end result was the point, I think
Yes they can but, only a subset of AI instructions use FP4 and it's mainly related to inference. You can use mixed precision for training but, afaik you can't use straight fp4 for training. As a result, presenting the graph in a way that compares fp4 precision to fp8 & fp16 precision is intentionally misleading.

E-Cat

Yes they can but, only a subset of AI instructions use FP4 and it's mainly related to inference. You can use mixed precision for training but, afaik you can't use straight fp4 for training. As a result, presenting the graph in a way that compares fp4 precision to fp8 & fp16 precision is intentionally misleading.
That's an NVIDIA graph for ya

Top Bottom