• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

fury

VWPlRYb.gif

QQMNmBH.gif

People need to stop piledriving SANADA. His hair keeps making me think they drop him on his skull.

Also Skullend is a cool concept for a submission finish but he keeps on applying it in a way that makes his opponent look like they could tilt their neck forward and easily escape. It's almost as bad as Yoshi's butterfly.

tchocky

Wonder if we'll get Okada vs Omega undefeated on the last day.

I think it might be Kenny loses to Sanada in his second to last match, Okada undefeated then Kenny beats Okada to finish tied with Okada and win the block on the head to head.

pbayne

Lol Juice/Suzuki felt a squash. Suzuki must have had a good 30 seconds in that piledriver position with no reversal. Yano/Omega was what it was, kinda crap but a bit of fun. Of all the guys in the block i thought Sanada had the biggest chance of beating Okada so fuck that prediction.
Overall too much crowd brawling and shit and Koji lost so fuck it.

Also Skullend is a cool concept for a submission finish but he keeps on applying it in a way that makes his opponent look like they could tilt their neck forward and easily escape. It's almost as bad as Yoshi's butterfly.

Completely agree it looks a bit daft atm. I dont know why he dosent just dragon sleeper them and wrap his arm around the neck.

I'm kind of hoping for one upset against each going into that match but yes I think that is a distinct possibility

Okada is probably only going to lose once this year, and that is against Omega.

Okada vs Sanda was nice, but I think I preferred Koji vs Elgin more. Sanada really needs to apply different his finisher, it is like the third time in the G1 that he loses the grip on his opponent. Maybe he needs to do it more traditionally.

Hasney

I think it might be Kenny loses to Sanada in his second to last match, Okada undefeated then Kenny beats Okada to finish tied with Okada and win the block on the head to head.

I think Okada is going to clean sweep except Kenny, but Kenny as two losses in there. He finally gets his Okada win to justify a shot down the line, but Okada wins it all since it's been so long since the champ won.

Here's the full card for tomorrow's show in Miyagi:

(1) Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Tama Tonga & Yujiro Takahashi
(2) Toru Yano & Jado vs. SANADA & BUSHI
(3) Minoru Suzuki & Taichi vs. EVIL & Hiromu Takahashi
(4) Michael Elgin & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kenny Omega & Chase Owens
(5) Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Kazuchika Okada & Gedo
(6) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Tomohiro Ishii vs. YOSHI-HASHI
(7) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Bad Luck Fale
(8) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Togi Makabe vs. Kota Ibushi
(9) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Yuji Nagata vs. Tetsuya Naito
(10) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Hirooki Goto

Sanada still needs something to get him to the next level. He has the look and everything but there just needs to be one more thing to push him over the top and I'm not entirely sure what it is.

Foffy

Banned
Sanada still needs something to get him to the next level. He has the look and everything but there just needs to be one more thing to push him over the top and I'm not entirely sure what it is.

He just seems like a crony in LIJ, like EVIL.

At least Naito, BUSHI, and Hiromu have characters and belts to chase. SANADA and EVIL have the nothing belts.

Hasney

Working from home today so can actually watch. LOL and Jedo getting tied up by SANADA and Yano still winning. SANJOBBER.

meppi

That whole match was pretty hilarious.

Really looking forward to it.
I'm usually not one for those crazy gimmick type of things, but once in a while I'm totally fine with it. And with Yano Toru, you expect to get some nice fuckery. It's tradition*. ;)

Hasney

I know it'll end up shit, but I'm somewhat intrigued about how his ZSJ/Fale match will go.

DAMMIT FALE. KILLED THE ANNOUNCER.

Top Bottom