• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

One of my favourite parts of Zack's offence is him countering strikes/clotheslines with his kicks. Ishii lariatting the heck out of Zack's gangly leg the second time he went for that match looked so good.

Ishii and ZSJ have been two of my top performers with G1. Desperado gets a honourable mention for seconding ZSJ just so he can pull the ropes a tenth of an inch away from Zack's opponent.

Hex

Banned
ZSJ is brilliant

oCkKocE.gif

Someone buy the boy some pants!

I don't know if anyone here heard or if it's been discussed in WrassleGAF already, but Meltzer had an idea on one of his recent podcasts that the G1 next year should be split into 4 blocks of 6 wrestlers in order to lighten the load on everyone and keep everyone more healthy (nearly everyone in the tournament is running on fumes and injured right now)

How would we feel about that? It's a good idea I think. The tourny has gotten particularly brutal on the talent recently, and this would allow for even more guys to compete and more unpredictability with multiple *IMPORTANT MATCH* moments spread across the 3 weeks.

Anth0ny

I don't know if anyone here heard or if it's been discussed in WrassleGAF already, but Meltzer had an idea on one of his recent podcasts that the G1 next year should be split into 4 blocks of 6 wrestlers in order to lighten the load on everyone and keep everyone more healthy (nearly everyone in the tournament is running on fumes and injured right now)

How would we feel about that? It's a good idea I think. The tourny has gotten particularly brutal on the talent recently, and this would allow for even more guys to compete and more unpredictability with multiple IMPORTANT MATCH moments.

I'm totally fine with that. It's way too grueling as it is.

Please don't go Ibushi :(

How would we feel about that? It's a good idea I think. The tourny has gotten particularly brutal on the talent recently, and this would allow for even more guys to compete and more unpredictability with multiple IMPORTANT MATCH moments.

Considering every year they are expected to top themselves at an already insane level it probably needs to happen. Would require a lot more effort to book entertaining cards though.

Hex

Banned

How would we feel about that? It's a good idea I think. The tourny has gotten particularly brutal on the talent recently, and this would allow for even more guys to compete and more unpredictability with multiple *IMPORTANT MATCH* moments spread across the 3 weeks.

I think it would be fine, and makes sense

Anth0ny

Sources tell me Tanahashi has about 10% strength in his right arm

Sources also tell me Naito is wrestling this match in honor of his fallen LOS INGOBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRNABLES teammate...

KLrZzZq.jpg

Considering every year they are expected to top themselves at an already insane level it probably needs to happen. Would require a lot more effort to book entertaining cards though.

There's certainly a risk of more dud matches, but I think the wrestlers being more rested and having more intense block matches (in terms of point standings) could actually offset that. It could turn the whole thing into a bunch of short heats instead of this huge marathon that lags a bit in the middle. Plus I really like the idea of multiple tiers of "final matches" leading to 4 block winners, semi-final winners, and ultimately the G1 winner.

Top Bottom