• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"no 56k" Finaly, S2000 Transformer Alternator hits!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jr.

Banned
Well as far as these Alternator Transformers go, he isn’t the coolest, but you can get him into a good pose or two so that’s good!

Anyway, went to Target tonight to pick up some din din stuff and went back to the toys as usual and to my surprise, he was there! They also had Grimlock (Mustang GT) but I had to get WindCharger!

He transforms ok, but I would say that he is pretty cheaply made, in comparison to the other Alternators. I know that the benalthech ones in Japan are all Die cast, but I’m not paying 50 bucks for one of these!

Anyway here are some picks of him transformed:

trnsfrmr1.jpg

trnsfrmr2.jpg

trnsfrmr3.jpg

trnsfrmr4.jpg

trnsfrmr5.jpg

I like these.. my friend owns every single one fo them.

I cant bring myself to spend $20 a piece on them though. Especially with my WWE Classic Superstars and Marvel Legends collections going strong.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Man, even Gundam figurines shit all over these. And this is coming from someone who hates Gundam with a passion.

xsarien

daedsiluap
speedpop said:
Man, even Gundam figurines shit all over these. And this is coming from someone who hates Gundam with a passion.

Windcharger's cool, but not really what someone would put forward as the Alternator to end all Alternators.

But I think if you want to see a marvel of engineering, 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime is great. Cartoon-based robot mode, truck mode, all while keeping the laws of physics intact.

-=DoAvl=-

Jr. said:
Well as far as these Alternator Transformers go, he isn’t the coolest, but you can get him into a good pose or two so that’s good!

Anyway, went to Target tonight to pick up some din din stuff and went back to the toys as usual and to my surprise, he was there! They also had Grimlock (Mustang GT) but I had to get WindCharger!

He transforms ok, but I would say that he is pretty cheaply made, in comparison to the other Alternators. I know that the benalthech ones in Japan are all Die cast, but I’m not paying 50 bucks for one of these!

Anyway here are some picks of him transformed:

trnsfrmr1.jpg

trnsfrmr2.jpg

trnsfrmr3.jpg

trnsfrmr4.jpg

trnsfrmr5.jpg

I wish i had the time to stuff around with transformers.... :(

xsarien said:
Windcharger's cool, but not really what someone would put forward as the Alternator to end all Alternators.

But I think if you want to see a marvel of engineering, 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime is great. Cartoon-based robot mode, truck mode, all while keeping the laws of physics intact.

Its awesome alright. I just wish I got the Japanese version; they shortened the exhaust pipes for child safety reasons. Such bullshit.

xsarien

daedsiluap
FortNinety said:
Its awesome alright. I just wish I got the Japanese version; they shortened the exhaust pipes for child safety reasons. Such bullshit.

You can still get it. The thing is still over $100, but definitely still available at import shops.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
xsarien said:
Sounds awesome :D

Someone said that a guy sells like exhaust pipe extenders that give the American version its proper length, but I've looked everywhere and have found nothing. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom