• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Bond Song is Better Than A View To a Kill

T8SC

Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better
Aha - The Living Daylights

Top 3, no order.

Honourable mentions:

Tina Turner - Goldeneye
Gladys Knight - Licence To Kill
Paul McCartney - Live & Let Die

Last edited:

appaws

Banned
I agree with the OP about A View to a Kill.

I love that but I still think Live And Let Die is the best.

Whatever happened to Duran Duran?
Probably got old like everyone else.

I heard them perform on Stern not that long ago. They were terrible.

Buddy Holly and Kurt Cobain, James Dean, Steve McQueen....all spared from getting old and embarassing. They will always be young and cool in our minds.

So many people not mentioning how good All time high is

which Pulp did an excellent cover

and then later tried their hand at Tomorrow Never Dies
which didnt work so they changed the song title. Its a great song..not really theme worthy though

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the Guns N Roses cover of "Live and Let Die" is great. tho Axl at times sounds like a crazy muppet, like he often does :messenger_winking_tongue:

Lana Del Rey needs to do the next one. she is the Gangsta Nancy Sinatra. she is the perfect person to do a Bond song.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Goldfinger is rad, i inherited the LP from my step dad. awesome soundtrack there by John Barry. this is peak swinging '60s exotica, it has that pop jazz sound, lots of horns and surf guitar. it reminds me of that song "The Stripper". but w the spy theming.

the theme song is great - pure Austin Powers!

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
I was walking through the mall today and had to pause.... they were playing A View To A Kill over the speakers...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Xenon

Can't argue with the OP and not sure where Id rank it but Chris Cornell's haunting pipes worked so well for a Bond theme.

Oops beaten

Last edited:
Hell yeah, I was totally obsessed with Duran Duran as a teen and A View To A Kill was one of my favs.

The part that goes...

"Earth's crystal tears, the fall of snowflakes on your body
First time in years to drench your skin in lover's rosy stain
A chance to find the phoenix for the flame"

Is just so smooth.

Top Bottom