• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'No Conversations' at Capcom about a Dino Crisis reboot at the moment

BadWolf

Reminder that Kobayashi said similar things about Sengoku Basara the month before Sanada Yukimura-den was announced. And Niitsuma months before MvC: Infinite. Stuff like this means absolutely nothing.

Also the quotes seem to specifically talk about remasters, not necessarily the chances of any Dino Crisis project.

Is there even an example of someone ever revealing a major game/sequel (especially to a dormant IP) in the midst of a regular interview?

Stuff like this usually means little.

Sesha

I was hoping the huge success of Jurassic World would spawn something, but I guess not.

We would have to wait longer than this for any announcement, if it was real. The scope of Jurassic World's success took weeks to become completely clear, and Capcom doesn't like to do announcement for non-online titles before the 11th hour.

Is there even an example of someone ever revealing a major game/sequel (especially to a dormant IP) in the midst of a regular interview?

Stuff like this usually means little.

Not that I know of. It's more like they say they'll talk about X title later. Kawata did that with RE7 the same time as when Kobayashi denied the possibility of DMC and SB.

Jawmuncher

Pretty sure Capcom does everything these days to disappoint Jawmuncher specifically.

Someone joked about this in another thread, but it's starting to line up a bit too well.

At least they reused the T-Rex boss battle from the first game in Resident Evil 6.

Wait, is THAT why you like RE6 so much Jaw?

It's definitely a factor

Reminder that Kobayashi said similar things about Sengoku Basara the month before Sanada Yukimura-den was announced. And Niitsuma months before MvC: Infinite. Stuff like this means absolutely nothing.

Also the quotes seem to specifically talk about remasters, not necessarily the chances of any Dino Crisis project.

If they do, it would take a while before we'd hear anything, since Capcom likes having short announcement-to-release cycles.

Yeah, the fact that it's all kinda broad and more related to remasters has me hoping. Like you said, they lie all the time. My guess is that DC comes back they want to treat it as a new ip with a reboot. This no reason to rerelease the older games as new ports that could cause confusion.

Instead of replaying old RE, PE and Onimusha games yet again, I seriously need to replay Dino Crisis. I lament the genre so much, yet the only time I played and beat ol' dino was back in '00.

Jawmuncher

I like that Operation Rainfall took this news, and gave it a more positive vibe.

Resident Evil 7 Producer Interested in Reviving Dino Crisis
http://operationrainfall.com/2017/03/07/re7-producer-dino-crisis/

They're not technically wrong. He's definitely very receptive to the idea, more than he even needed to be. Simply could have just went "there's no plans at this time" and moved on. Kinda goes back to what Sedna was saying, could be perhaps there are plans in the background. But obviously they're not going to say anything right now through a random interview.

The conversation won't happen til someone mentions the money Horizon made then Capcom be like ok Dinosaurs are back
1. It's not going to happen.

2. That's like my argument for bringing back Zombies Ate My Neighbors because Caw of Doody Zombeez is successful- enemy types doth not maketh a game alone.

L Thammy

dc4gszg0.png

Then how do they explain THIS!?

Shame. It's funny, Dino Crisis was my very first video game. My father came home with a PS1 and was like "Check this fucking shit out." Loved dinosaurs as a kid and he taught me how to read with the game.

Bluth54

I already posted this in the Steam thread but after the huge box office success of Jurassic World Capcom should of greenlit a Dino Crisis reboot that has a similar theme/setting to Jurassic Park/World. Include a single player story and survival multiplayer (since games like Ark are so popular). Release it around Jurassic World 2 and since big blockbusters don't really get console games anymore they would basically have the unofficial tie in game to Jurassic World 2, the sequel to one of the biggest box office hits of all time. Capcom would be rolling in money.

Jawmuncher

Kawata:"Dino Crisis with modern tech would be a really exciting prospect"

Capcom:"Exciting and expensive"

I would think they could sort of cross pollinate with the MH devs. They need to get MH onto a new engine at some point, and with a lot of those monsters basically being dinosaurs they could share animations to an extent and such.

Though straight up REengine with Dinosaurs probably would be hella expensive. I recall reading awhile back, that was partly a reason we don't see it as often these days.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Capcom is run by morons.

I mean, how stupid do you have to be? Jurassic World making gangbusters at box office, Ark selling loads, now Horizon selling gangbusters.

One should get the hint.

But then you have Capcom execs going like... "We only have a huge dinosaur license in our vault. Better keep it wrapped up a little while longer."

Idiots.

Akiller

So someone at Capcom is thinking about Dino Crisis.

So you're saying there's a chance.

Capcom devs definitely think/would like to make new games of the old franchises, Kawata is just another example, looks like Ono started discussions for Onimusha some time ago and God knows how many times Itsuno has been begging Capcom for Rival Schools 3.

I would think they could sort of cross pollinate with the MH devs. They need to get MH onto a new engine at some point, and with a lot of those monsters basically being dinosaurs they could share animations to an extent and such.

This is going to end up with just a Regina costume for MH5, isn't it?

Jawmuncher

Considering Metak Gear, Metroid, and even Strider have been MH costumes. I'd hope that she'd be one at some point.

Sesha

Regarding making a new DC as a response to the runaway success of Jurassic World. If Capcom was to consider greenlighting one, we wouldn't be seeing it until late this year at the absolute earliest. RE7 started development in early 2014 and wasn't revealed until E3 of last year. RE2 Remake was greenlit in August 2015, and we still haven't seen anything of it.

Jaw, this might be a stupid question, but have they said anything about going the Sega route and re-releasing the older games first to test the waters?

Yeah, I know that DC1+2 are on PSN, but I'll never understand why Capcom is stingy on rereleasing their old PC stuffs on steam (including the Resident Evil PSone trilogy, any or all Megaman Xs and Legends, Puzzle Fighter, SFA1/2, the Aracde Collections, and in this case, both Dino Crisises) considering that they blow their console brethren off of the waters. Heck, some of them are on GOG.com, if I'm correct

If not, maybe after REmake2. Look how long that took. As a hardcore Splatterhouse fan, I'll say if we could get a
failed
reboot, there's no reason D.C. Can't either...

Jawmuncher

Jaw, this might be a stupid question, but have they said anything about going the Sega route and re-releasing the older games first to test the waters?

Yeah, I know that DC1+2 are on PSN, but I'll never understand why Capcom is stingy on rereleasing their old PC stuffs on steam (including the Resident Evil PSone trilogy, any or all Megaman Xs and Legends, Puzzle Fighter, SFA1/2, the Aracde Collections, and in this case, both Dino Crisises) considering that they blow their console brethren off of the waters. Heck, some of them are on GOG.com, if I'm correct

If not, maybe after REmake2. Look how long that took. As a hardcore Splatterhouse fan, I'll say if we could get a
failed
reboot, there's no reason D.C. Can't either...

In terms of pc ports all I've heard is wbacon saying there is more on the horizon. But it does seem like capcom for the most part prefers to keep a lot of their stuff in the vault. Which is sad, because the DC PC ports aren't that bad. They run on modern systems with ease last time I tried them out.

mao2

Capcom should partner with Guerrilla Games and use Decima to create an open-world Dino Crisis game.

Top Bottom