• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky | PC Performance Thread

Leatherface

Sweet baby Jesus those screens look fantastic!

go

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yikes, game doesn't really clean up well. The grass is kind of disgusting. Interesting minimum specs though, a 7870 should technically be better than the PS4 GPU, right? I'm guessing it's gonna run like ass on AMD GPUs.

Christ. There's no way to turn off that god-awful vignette? What were they thinking? They game would look SO much better without it.

Hasney

I'm going to stream the crap out of this when I get home from work. Probably in front of zero people, but it gives me an excuse to talk to myself while I do it.

OneUh8

Very happy with all those options. At least it doesn't release until this afternoon. Makes being at work a little more tolerable.

I'll likely cave and get this game today around lunch. Will be running it on an i7 4790k and a 980ti, for those interested. I have a 4K screen but id totally settle for 1440 - will be targeting 60fps stable above all else.

Lister

Banned
I'll likely cave and get this game today around lunch. Will be running it on an i7 4790k and a 980ti, for those interested. I have a 4K screen but id totally settle for 1440 - will be targeting 60fps stable above all else.

How does 1440 look on a 4k screen?

How does 1440 look on a 4k screen?

I'm using an OLED tv and sitting on my couch, I find it looks great. Not sure how a monitor would handle it but I frequently run sub 4K to prioritize frames.

Recent example is Star Wars battlefront. 4K is beautiful but 1440 with steady 60fps on the couch is better for me.

Akoi

4ghz 5820k with 980ti should destroy this... I can't wait to see what performance people encounter. Please be optimized!

Yikes, game doesn't really clean up well. The grass is kind of disgusting. Interesting minimum specs though, a 7870 should technically be better than the PS4 GPU, right? I'm guessing it's gonna run like ass on AMD GPUs.

PS4's GPU is more or less a 7870. PC 7870s are a bit more powerful mostly due to better cooling.
If the devs track record with PC is anything to go by don't expect a perfect port(don't expect telltale levels of shit performance either)

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
i7 2600k, 16GB, GTX 1080 here. Expected to jack everything up. Need a 4K monitor though

I'm terrified of the stability. The PS4 version is so crashy, lord knows what this version could be like

noomi

Curious to try this on my steam link with steam controller.

So far every game I've played through the steam link has been and looked absolutely fantastic, I've had no issues yet.

RX 470 is coming in later today. The only thing that worries me is AMD's OpenGL driver performance is, um, not the best. To put it lightly.

Top Bottom