• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Playstation All Stars Battle Royale DLC

According to a post from one of their reps on the official site:

There will not be any new DLC characters or environments released for PS All Stars. We were proud to work with SuperBot Entertainment and they created a great game, but the characters that have already been released to-date represent the full content for PS All Stars.

Source

On a "happier" note, they do plan on releasing a balance patch in the near future, as well as some costumes that were originally released as pre-order bonuses in the US (Woo hoo*) as well as the third costumes for Issac and Zeus (AWESOME*) All of that will be free of course. Maybe as an apology?

Either way, it's nice to see that they didn't just let it fade completely into obscurity without ever addressing it again. So all those who were hoping for Dart, Abe, Crash, Spyro, ect. can rest easy, cause it'll never happen.

*=sacrasm

This game as a PS4/Vita cross buy at PS4 launch (and with a year more of dev, UI design en third party character licensing) would have been amazing and a commercial hit for sure. It's a shame the DLC is more interesting than the base game

Dantis

Kind of a shame, but I have a feeling it wasn't too profitable.

I'd like to see a do-over in a different style of fighter in the future.

Expected this game to do better considering the PS3 install base alone. But truth is Sony IPs aren't as recognizable outside of their games as Nintendo's are.

Missing PlayStation IP didn't help either.

Man, this could have really been a fantastic fledged out sony style "smash bros" like hit, if it had a larger budget, more marketing, another year of development, better UI, more modes (events, challenges, etc) and more familiar characters like Crash and Spyro (it's a shame about the licensing issues).

Also, I think if they made this for the PS4 launch, it would be a system seller. It's a shame.
Is Superbot defunct, now?

FYC

Banned
Aww man.

I hope we get a sequel some day that fixes most of the issues. I still have a lot of fun playing it with friends.

Very disappointing. SSM is like the studio you send games that didnt do too well to their deaths :C Well for me at least, Starhawk and now PSASBR.
Guess this will be the final patch. Im hoping it fixes the horrid matchmaking AND projectile spammers.

Zen

Banned
Really good game despite some characters being a little unbalanced. Looking forward to the balance patch at any rate.

WTF Byronic Hero???

Expect 5 pages of people crying how this game is bad/ missed opportunity.

And yes there are A LOT of missed opportunities...

Kemal86

This game as a PS4/Vita cross buy at PS4 launch (and with a year more of dev, UI design en third party character licensing) would have been amazing and a commercial hit for sure.

Not convinced it would have been a sure-fire hit, but at least it wouldn't have been utterly sent to die like it was. Would have also filled in some gaps in the PS4 launch lineup.

FluxWaveZ

The game could have been so much more than how it turned out.

7528fa833684ee1a37e77c6f3e1029e1.jpg

Ah well. Would have stuck with it if I liked the fighting mechanics, but I didn't. Kind of funny that they specifically aimed the game at the EVO and competitive FGC crowd, but it never caught on in a big way.

sappyday

Is there a chance they could make another game in the series or is it pretty much dead?

It's pretty much never gonna happen; well at least not like Smash Bros. Maybe some type of 3D arena fighter game which I heard was the original concept.

Being mocked in the beginning and ending up failing again. This is something Sony will ignore for years.

WTF Byronic Hero???

Expect 5 pages of people crying how this game is bad/ missed opportunity.

And yes there are A LOT of missed opportunities...

Just spreading the news. People deserve to know how SSM treated this game. Not like I expected more than a few balancing patches and a character or two after Zeus and Issac, but still, I'm barley getting that.

Wish it had turned out better than this though. I've tried on multiple occasions to love this game, but I just can't. Not the way it is now, at least.

Ah well. Would have stuck with it if I liked the fighting mechanics, but I didn't. Kind of funny that they specifically aimed the game at the EVO and competitive FGC crowd, but it never caught on in a big way.

That still looks extremely barebones compared to Smash. I think a better UI wouldn't have solve any of the multitude of other issues this game had.

FluxWaveZ

That still looks extremely barebones compared to Smash. I think a better UI wouldn't have solve any of the multitude of other issues this game had.

Of course not, but that image is just an example of how rushed the final game in general ended up being. Had suspicions that that might have been the case when it was announced and released within the same year like it was, and that's exactly what happened.

Leezard

So, when SSM said they would continue to support the game, they release the already completed DLC, cancel all DLC in progress and then says no more DLC.

I suppose that's what could have been expected. :/

RoeBear

They charged too much for the DLC that they did put up. If you add up the online pass and the additional characters without the costumes it's almost $30.

Just spreading the news. People deserve to know how SSM treated this game. Not like I expected more than a few balancing patches and a character or two after Zeus and Issac, but still, I'm barley getting that.

Wish it had turned out better than this though. I've tried on multiple occasions to love this game, but I just can't. Not the way it is now, at least.

Im pretty sure that at this point people already know how they treated this game. This is just kicking a dead horse.

Unless if people are excited for new patch. Something I doubt. Prove me wrong GAF? (Besides PS All Stars community that is.)

Takao

Banned
8ing would be decent. They did DON. And you probably get more Japanese Sony characters... like Dart or Wander or Biorr Of The Twin Fangs.

The reason I mentioned them is because SCE has worked extensively with them in the past via the Bleach Heat the Soul games.

sappyday

I'm still baffled at how the final menu looked ten times worse and that right there doesn't look all that amazing itself.

Drencrom

So, when SSM said they would continue to support the game, they release the already completed DLC, cancel all DLC in progress and then says no more DLC.

I suppose that's what could have been expected. :/

They probably realized the game is kind of a lost cause, I don't really blame them.

As I said before, I hope this weird experiment doesn't turn off SCE from making a better and much more competent mascot mash-up game down the road.

Leezard

They probably realized the game is kind of a lost cause, I don't really blame them.

As I said before, I hope this weird experiment doesn't turn off SCE from making a better and much more competent mascot mash-up game down the road.

They could definitely have refrained from saying they were planning to support the game. I guess PR is more important than honesty in most parts of the industry, though.

Kouriozan

I still have hope that they learned what went wrong and Sony give a sequel a much better budget and development time.
This game could have been much more.

Top Bottom