• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No NX Version Of FFXV Currently Planned

Why is this thread ongoing when the NX hasn't released yet ? Last time I checked a good portion of Gaf hates XV so why hope for a port? Lol

Banned
Why is this thread ongoing when the NX hasn't released yet ? Last time I checked a good portion of Gaf hates XV so why hope for a port? Lol
I want XV to succeed. Even though I prefer it to return to turn based combat or FFXII like.

Playing it on my console of choice where I enjoy the most exclusives (by quantity) would be a bonus :p

Rodin

I want XV to succeed. Even though I prefer it to return to turn based combat or FFXII like.

Playing it on my console of choice where I enjoy the most exclusives (by quantity) would be a bonus :p
While it can add a fair share of copies sold, i don't think XV success is tied to its release on the NX. Or on the xbox one for that matter.

Banned
While it can add a fair share of copies sold, i don't think XV success is tied to its release on the NX. Or on the xbox one for that matter.
Well if they want to revitalize that Japanese audience they'll need a second console to put it on on Japan. It's good for square if both PS4 and NX sell well back home and all their games go on both platforms.

I don't see FFXV hitting XIII sales (around 6m) with just Xbox and PS4.

Ray Down

Banned
What Final Fantasy games have come out for PS4 Besides the MMORPG and remasters?

Honest question, but I thought this was the first main line FF for PS4

It is, it's basically the first major AAA JRPG to come out for the PS4. (Minus Bloodborne and Dark Souls)

Well I mean it's not like Japanese publishers need Nintendo. Practically all of them are on PS4 and PC.

It might come down to how aggressively Nintendo has been pursuing Japanese third parties since the Wii U's failure. Did it light a fire under their ass? I guess we'll find out when it's finally revealed. I'm inclined to believe we'll see a few key partnerships but overall, support will still be relatively low.

Ogodei

It might come down to how aggressively Nintendo has been pursuing Japanese third parties since the Wii U's failure. Did it light a fire under their ass? I guess we'll find out when it's finally revealed. I'm inclined to believe we'll see a few key partnerships but overall, support will still be relatively low.

I could see 100% of the high profile support from Japanese third parties going to NX myself. It's the more niche otaku games and stuff that could stay PS4/Vita, and maybe some of the high-profile western-focused games like Resident Evil would stay on PS4/One.

Most of the rest is going to be on NX if only because it'll be the only manufacturer-supported handheld in town over there.

Malakai

When was the last time Square-Enix released a game of high quality on Nintendo without Nintendo's aid of publishing it in the West? I don't remember and honestly don't care anymore. Square-Enix made its bed with Sony.

Asd202

I could see 100% of the high profile support from Japanese third parties going to NX myself. It's the more niche otaku games and stuff that could stay PS4/Vita, and maybe some of the high-profile western-focused games like Resident Evil would stay on PS4/One.

Why thought? I would argue that the audience on Nintendo home consoles don't care about 3rd party games in the slightest. We have seen that with the Wii U ports which sold abysmally. If you want to play 3rd party games you go with the Sony console that has been the case for more than a decade in Japan even with the Wii. I just don't see that potential market that won't buy a PS4 to play 3rd party games but will buy NX and on top of Nintendo games their going to buy 3rd party games that they could already have been playing on PS4 or invested in that console with intent on playing them but somehow are waiting for NX. Anyway 3rd party games sales will still be skewed towards PS4 because that's where that market is. Outside of launch window I don't see Japanese 3rd parties keeping the support on the same level as PS4.

MacTag

Banned
Why thought? I would argue that the audience on Nintendo home consoles don't care about 3rd party games in the slightest. We have seen that with the Wii U ports which sold abysmally. If you want to play 3rd party games you go with the Sony console that has been the case for more than a decade in Japan even with the Wii. I just don't see that potential market that won't buy a PS4 to play 3rd party games but will buy NX and on top of Nintendo games their going to buy 3rd party games that they could already have been playing on PS4 or invested in that console with intent on playing them but somehow are waiting for NX. Anyway 3rd party games sales will still be skewed towards PS4 because that's where that market is. Outside of launch window I don't see Japanese 3rd parties keeping the support on the same level as PS4.
Sales of late ports don't seem that different between Wii U and PS4. General 3rd party sales are much higher on PS4 but then that's a reflection of support put behind it. The market isn't really there though, the support is because 3rd parties are desperately trying to build it and transition it from PS3.

Top Bottom