• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA Treehouse on Mother 3: "I wouldn't look forward to it in the immediate future"

NotWii

Banned
GIVE DIS PEOPLE EAAAAARRR -THBOUND
arnoldschwarzenegger_totalrecall.png

We seriously do need to cajole someone in the media to make a big deal out of this the next time they interview anyone high up in Nintendo. And not to take the bullshit "We know the game has a lot of fans!" non-answer.

damnit i didn't need this right now. Further hope that the fan translation gets its shit together and make a push for the finale. I played thru 6 chapter of my import copy, but I dont know what the f is going on : (

Tiktaalik

Hey 1up do a feature on why Nintendo is screwing their fans by not releasing Mother 3. Get Luke on the case. He'll dig up the answers.

The media should be putting more pressure on Nintendo to release this game, or open it up for Atlus to release the game or something. I can't see how the game could be a money loser for Nintendo. The franchise popularity has grown immensely.

Yeah the whole deal about the Mother 3 fan translator running off was a misunderstanding, the translator came back like the next day with the scripts.

God, what a ****ing dickface that guy was.

At this point, I'm desperate enough to use a fan-translation patch. Really.

Nintendo sucks so much for not bringing this over. Damn.

Mashing

The problem with calling out the interviewers is that you risk any further interviews if you do so. Not many outlets are willing to risk losing a source.

DarknessTear said:
Yeah the whole deal about the Mother 3 fan translator running off was a misunderstanding, the translator came back like the next day with the scripts.

Good. Damn they've been on the last chapter forever. I've been smelling shenanigans for a while now.

mCACGj

Maybe they'll release it on the Virtual Console and we'll only have to pay 10 dollars...I'm still keeping hope, a DS version of all 3, a GBA version, it's bound to happen!

WHY WHY WHY!!!! RELEASE THE DAMN GAME NOW! PUT IT ON AN F'N DS CARD IF YOU WANT THOSE SALES!!!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
There's a big Mother fanbase, there is. At least everyone can go back and play Melee to get your Ness on. [Laughs]

My god, I hope the interviewer tore his ass open after that. **** you mister Treehouse, I will rape your kittens, first chance I get. >:0

Zweisy1

I wish Nintendo would translate the Detective Club games for the virtual console.. It's a shame such a good series was never released outside of Japan. Probably wouldnt be worth it from commercial viewpoint, especially since they have far more text than most other Nintendo games.

Cheerilee

Brobzoid said:
My god, I hope the interviewer tore his ass open after that. **** you mister Treehouse, I will rape your kittens, first chance I get. >:0
No, Windy doesn't care about your pain because they gave him an early copy of Zelda.

Brobzoid

ruby_onix said:
No, Windy doesn't care about your pain because they gave him an early copy of Zelda.

I'll eat his fist! let's see how much waggle there is left in him after that! >:I

WindyMan

Brobzoid said:
I was taken aback by that ending comment about Ness just as much as anyone else. I knew a lot of people were going to be disappointed by it, but I had the wherewithal to inquire about that game's status in the first place.

I wasn't going to press the issue any further. There was no need to after that point.

ruby_onix said:
No, they sat me down in front of Zelda for 2 days, and then sent me home to write 12,000 words about it. And oh-by-the-way, I still need to stand in line for a dozen or more hours to get it and a console on launch day.

You do not know my pain.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So that Tingle game doesn't have a chance in hell of ever hitting the English speaking market then?

Brobzoid

Servizio said:
So that Tingle game doesn't have a chance in hell of ever hitting the English speaking market then?

shit man. don't kill my day. :'(

Tiktaalik

Servizio said:

What's funny is that I remember when they had that survey about Tingle, and I wrote that Nintendo was crazy for thinking they should bring out Tingle instead of Mother 3, but now since Tingle has been released in Japan and I've read impressions (it's like a scientology simulator) I think it's really funny and I want it. I bet as a result of my actions I won't get Mother 3 or Tingle :(

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It's odd, I thought the Nintendo that didn't localize wacky/niche games died in the SNES/N64 era. You guys are riding high on touchpads and wagglewands--bring on the wackiness.

Servizio said:
It's odd, I thought the Nintendo that didn't localize wacky/niche games died in the SNES/N64 era. You guys are riding high on touchpads and wagglewands--bring on the wackiness.

Nintendo is still rententively anal about publishing games that they deem are too "niche" in North America or Europe. That will probably never change either.

The other thing that really sinks Mother 3 is that it's on the GBA. If it were a DS title, NOA would probably be willing to give in the greenlight, but the GBA stuff kills it. Nintendo probably is trying to phase out GBA cart production for DS card production (cheaper) right now.

The one saving grace might be the Virtual Console service. If they eventually offer GB/GBA games on it, then you might see more of the niche/wacky games finally get a release. It's also good for future wacky/niche games .... now Nintendo has an outlet for that type of thing.

FFS its cause its a GBA game i'm sure of it, they think oh noes!! no one will buy a GBA game lets just release more DS games. >_<

Enough interviewers kept mentioning Pit and a new Kid Icarus game and look eventually we got him in Smash Bros - can't like every person interviewing a Nintendo dude ever just keep saying "WE WANT MOTHER 3 YOU IDIOTS" then something might get done.

Cheerilee

WindyMan said:
No, they sat me down in front of Zelda for 2 days, and then sent me home to write 12,000 words about it.
That's just not fair.

And oh-by-the-way, I still need to stand in line for a dozen or more hours to get it and a console on launch day.
That's just not right.

I have little doubt that Mother 3 would be released in the US, were it a DS game, so I don't think that this reflects much on Tingle's chances of being localized.

Miyamoto looked at sales of Earthbound/Mother 2 and said "NEVER AGAIN, AMERICAN PIG-DOGS!", so you should blame him, not the poor Treehouse dude who doesn't get to make the decisions...

ethelred

Dragona Akehi said:
Miyamoto looked at sales of Earthbound/Mother 2 and said "NEVER AGAIN, AMERICAN PIG-DOGS!", so you should blame him, not the poor Treehouse dude who doesn't get to make the decisions...

Poor innocent Treehouse dude did decide to mock the whole situation, though, and laugh at fans who wouldn't get to play the game in English. And that makes him seem like a total asshole.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I need to finish this game.
I did Chapter 1, but
the game made me too sad to continue at the time. ;_;

ethelred said:
Poor innocent Treehouse dude did decide to mock the whole situation, though, and laugh at fans who wouldn't get to play the game in English. And that makes him seem like a total asshole.

Miyamoto's orders. The dude hates american pig-dogs.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
You know, I don't think the guy was trying to be rude... I think it was the laughing at a wild suggestion for playing Earthbound -- it sounds more good natured than anything.

Top Bottom