• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Noclip] Hotline Miami Creators Break Down its Design & Legacy | YouTube Doc

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Nice, gonna watch it right now. HLM1 is one of my favourite indie games ever. 2 didn't click unfortunately, but every two years or so I replay the first Hotline Miami on the Vita. Timeless and awesome gameplay, optics and soundtrack.
I enjoyed both. 2 was much harder if memory serves. Those soundtracks hold up too.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's kinda surreal how these guys came out of nowhere, rocked the industry with a phenomenon, released a sequel and then went completely dark.

I mean, how insane is it that we still don't have a Hotline Miami 3? Or even anything else from these devs? So uncommon not to follow up a massive, massive hit.

Bartski

Gold Member
oh hell yes, absolutely loved both HM1 and 2. Watching!
It's kinda surreal how these guys came out of nowhere, rocked the industry with a phenomenon, released a sequel and then went completely dark.

I mean, how insane is it that we still don't have a Hotline Miami 3? Or even anything else from these devs? So uncommon not to follow up a massive, massive hit.

Filben

The sad part was when that guy told how the community changed after HM1. At first they were supportitive, tried to help fix bugs etc. With HM2 the tone changed, to "hope you'll die" because the game sucks for them.
As a developer these days, I would use social media, if at all, only for b2b contacts. If I wanted to engage with a community, I'd do an Early Access game. Otherwise, at least within the indie industry, this is my game, my vision, take it or leave it. I undestand why he stayed away from forums.

However, great insights as always from NoClip. I know this thread is from January, but incidentially I just watched the video two weeks ago, sifting through the channel and watching almost everything they do.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I met those guys at a new year's party here in Gothenburg once (at some point between the two games). I guess that makes me cooler than all of you!

bender

What time is it?
I met those guys at a new year's party here in Gothenburg once (at some point between the two games). I guess that makes me cooler than all of you!
giphy.gif

Top Bottom