• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Noclip is putting together a Blacklist

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
tenor.gif

cormack12

Gold Member
Wait, so if you're accused you get blacklisted them people lobby other creators to avoid you? wtf?

Danny O'Dwyer should know better for using the term blacklist, it's 2020.

lol, I just googled this specifically to see if it was a thing and lo and behold no clip are perpetuating a racisst society with termnology like this. We should suggest they do better

This commentary addresses the widespread use of racist language in discussions concerning predatory publishing. Examples include terminology such as blacklists, whitelists, and black sheep. The use of such terms does not merely reflect a racist culture, but also serves to legitimize and perpetuate it.

Tut tut

tenor.gif

realcool

Why are there so many power hungry fuckfaces on social media?

And why does twitter condone cancel culture? Lives ruined. Reputations tarnished. They don't lift a finger to stop it.
Trump tweets a meme? They can't put the bottle of soylent down fast enough. "Thith ith illegal!!!"

NoClip showed me their journalistic standards when their lengthy TW3 series managed to not say a single word on the Downgrade. It surely took immense journalistic bravery and respect for truth to avoid that eggshell.

I will not reward NoClip with clicks, will not fund Danny O'Dwyer's politics. Nor will I simply take his word for it. No, sorry, I require evidence.

Last edited:

Relativ9

Ohh the hypocrisy is thick on this one, it's a shame too, no opinion on Danny himself, but the No-clip "documentaries" are a good watch, they're not exactly journalistic as they mostly just present what the studio wants to be presented, but they're insightful non-the-less.

ShadowNate

Ohh the hypocrisy is thick on this one, it's a shame too, no opinion on Danny himself, but the No-clip "documentaries" are a good watch, they're not exactly journalistic as they mostly just present what the studio wants to be presented, but they're insightful non-the-less.
I kind of agree with this, even though I've only watched one, maybe two of the documentaries. They (or is it just him) seemed to be doing really good work on them.

But, trying to get in on the twitter witchhunt and immediately getting burnt by it. That was such a freebie. Fuck him for being such an idiot douche.

CAB_Life

Weakest dog barks the loudest. There’s always some grotesque perversion in the closets of these holier than thou soy-boy-avengers that they’re worried will come to light and thus spend their hours frantically creating target after target to distract the hungry mob.

Truth always comes out, eventually.

CAB_Life

Oh now all the sudden “context” matters for Dwyer. And apparently there’s an expiry date on racist or “offensive” things he says. (Whereas that courtesy isn’t extended to literally anyone else they want to pillory.)

These fucking people and their goalposts.

Last edited:
1.) Funny how quickly this guy self-destructed.

2.) I actually thought about something similar as a counter to the harassment mob: Let's create a list where we put individual ResetEra users and their insane statements on display. They love hiding within the group. Bring them to task so that the whole world gets to see their toxic behavior.

Top Bottom