• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpachii

Like the title says.

It's time to nuke those shit hole parasites from the earth. Absolute disgusting zero morals to enrich yourself on the back of donators for good causes.

5b1951210575433dc57b6477b524f7e9.png

Here to help the needy. Please donate so i can buy my next villa and race car.

edit i could actually be wrong here, and this is her normal job. then nuke this thread from the orbit.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Am I out of the loop about something?

That's a real estate company she got a salary from.

Last edited:

Shifty

Where's your source, OP? One seemingly unrelated screenshot isn't going to cut it if your intent is to accuse someone of skimming thousands of dollars in charity donations.

You're going to need to establish who Joanne Lui is in the context of GDQ and how she's related to the 'Wall Financial Corp' real estate company in the image (a.k.a. prove that it's not a case of two unrelated people happening to have the same name), on top of providing some sort of proof that this 'Wall Financial Corp' is being funded by GDQ donations in the first place.

Calling for people to grab their pitchforks without a shred of concrete information, it's fuckin' amateur hour up in here.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Way to race to a conclusion for the sake of internet outrage, Jesus.

Regardless, here's a tip: Big charity CEOs make a fuck ton of money. They have a job. Whether or not you think it's too much is irrelevant, it's incredibly old news.

TeamGhobad

Banned
all charities are a scam. the ceo of those companies usually make 6 figures easy and its all legal. by law any charity can keep 98% of the donations.
this is why i never give money to charities. instead ill give a few bucks to the homeless on the street.

WTF OP. A fucking attack post with a death threat. Fucking ban this parasite of an OP. This is a gaming forum. Keep it as such.

Seriously, ban this fucker.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I don't know what this is about, but it feels like the Internet's sole purpose lately is witch hunts and outrage culture.

Care to elaborate OP beyond "lets nuke these scum off the face of the Earth". That was basically the theme of every thread on old GAF.
shit like this needs to stop on newgaf

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Non profits pay themselves too

Pretty typical; large event organizing like this can flow out into the rest of the year, even if it's just a day or two event

Just depends on if the ACTUAL work they do is justified for that pay, so if you have any info on how involved they are and how many hours per event they put in, etc, that would help put this into a lot of perspective as well

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So.....what does this have to do with gaming? Or am I the wrong section somehow?

The woman he was talking about is the CEO of a charity currently being funded by a speedrunning marathon. Yes, it's that tangential.

Closer

Actually, just the opposite. I'm sure this exact same OP on there would have gotten a completely different reaction.

He'd be banned, I'm sure, but the outrage would be the same.

It's still OK to be white around here. >.>

You don't say.

Seeing pretty much every replies to this thread asking for evidence and not jumping to conclusions, how can you claim that?

You mean how OP wanted to stir outrage ain't the same as over there?

Three

all charities are a scam. the ceo of those companies usually make 6 figures easy and its all legal. by law any charity can keep 98% of the donations.
this is why i never give money to charities. instead ill give a few bucks to the homeless on the street.
Even some of those are scams. You give them money they collect it then drive off in their audi at the end of the day without contributing fuck all to society.

Since this is posted in gaming I need to know some things.

1> What is her stance on EGS?
2> Who does she main in Smash?
3> Seeing the evolution of how game companies make money where does she personally fall on Loot Crates/Surprise packages?

Ailike

Whether facts actually are present or line up to reality. if an OP were posted without a batshit crazy call to arms, I would've just said "Oh, an international charity CEO only makes 300k? Good on her."

iconmaster

Banned
WTF OP. A fucking attack post with a death threat. Fucking ban this parasite of an OP. This is a gaming forum. Keep it as such.

Seriously, ban this fucker.

Not a perma but I could endorse a temp ban for this.

I appreciate the "[Unverified]" but after reading through I'd suggest changing it to "[Flat-out wrong]."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom