• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

bh7812

Banned
Quick note: PSN Card Code redemption is now back up and working :) Was finally able to redeem all my cards a little while ago no trouble! Don't know if it's just coincidence that it came back up after doing an internet connection test but none the less card code redemptions seem to be working a-ok now. Bought 3 months of Plus, Growlanser 4, Got Bloodrayne and Pac Man DX free with PS+, and bought Family Feud and Peggle just now.

Still have about $83 left and can get quite a few PS1 games for my Vita..I have a crapton of ones I bought earlier this year to move over but some are being reported as not transferrable yet. The others I'll decide on as they become transferrable..ahem..the 3 Spyro and Crash games mainly..ahem. Maybe just FF9 and Xenogears for right now, which should leave me with enough to buy LBP Vita at the end of next month. Decisions decisions haha.

Anyhow sorry for the ramble, you may now redeem away with those PSN Cards and happy PS1 gaming!!!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Good thing I have the European version. :)
It's too bad. If I had all three Arc PS1 games I might have done a playthrough of them easily.

A girl can dream. Someday this game will be compatible with Vita:

hw28s.jpg

Jucksalbe

Banned
A girl can dream. Someday this game will be compatible with Vita:

Since the version on the EU store is the US version, there shouldn't be any emulation problems at least. I guess it will be compatible very soon.
Can't you download it directly on your Vita, like some of the other MonkeyPaw games?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Since the version on the EU store is the US version, there shouldn't be any emulation problems at least. I guess it will be compatible very soon.
Can't you download it directly on your Vita, like some of the other MonkeyPaw games?
Not yet. I had to do everything so far from PS3 to Vita outside of Mega Man 2. I imagine it might take effect tomorrow.

It's weird how I can download the import PSOne classics directly.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is Grandia compatible?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kinda lame you can't do a custom screen size like what you can do for the PSP and PS3. :/

Eusis

Something that annoys me is how "normal" stretches the screen vertically. For games I'd throw bilinear filtering on anyway like FFVIII (text didn't look right without it on) it'd have been nice to go a bit bigger, but as is unless they patch it I'm sticking with original all the time. Can't stand stretching crap unless the visuals are at least partially intended for it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I shall have to add that it's hard to push buttons with Suikoden, much like how people are having trouble with Final Fantasy VIII in this thread. You have to jam on them HARD for a good input sometimes. Also, welcome back to the old days when I used to name protagonists "Atrus" before I discovered their canon names. Man this save is oooooold.

And a little bit of Final Fantasy VII.

You know, going by some of the shots posted in this thread, I think Vita would really go well with 2D stuff.

Wait how did you get these on your vita? They don't show up on my content manager (they are downloaded on my PS3?)
You can either download them directly to your Vita (for some weird reason it works with import PSOne Classics), or have to redownload it from the store and make sure they're still bubbled (ie: downloaded but not installed). Then use the Content Manager to transfer them over.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
so im signed in with the same account on both systems. i see FF7 on my vita download list but it wont let me download. content manager on vita wont let me transfer games. what gives???

Yuripaw

Banned
Since I didn't see it listed in the first post, I thought I'd confirm that the PSOne version of Chrono Trigger does work via PS3 transfer.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Arc the Lad II stuff. I've always liked the colour in this game.

Did you take Bi linear filter off? Its much sharper that way. So good looking.
I had it on, I think.

so im signed in with the same account on both systems. i see FF7 on my vita download list but it wont let me download. content manager on vita wont let me transfer games. what gives???
It won't let you download directly to Vita until the store updates tomorrow, I believe. As for content manager, that's sorta weird. Unless it's installed on your PS3 and you're trying to use content manager that way. It has to be in bubble form (ie: downloaded on your PS3, not installed).

Holy smokes that looks good! This really makes me wish that we had Suikoden 2 digitally :(
I'm always for people wanting that game on PSN! Everyone should play it! I'm just kind of leery about how the backgrounds are 3D-ish, so it probably might not look as great as GS1 on Vita? But some of the backgrounds in Suikoden II look fantastic, especially if they're brighter. I can only imagine how much the sprites would pop and how nice their animations would be on it.

;_;

Yes! 2D sprites look amazing on the OLED.
I wish more devs would go for that look for this platform. It looks amazing here.

GotchaForce said:
What's the problem with FF8? Been waiting this whole time to play it :(
Nothing really. Just have to jam on the buttons a little hard sometimes for input according to some people.

You are at the mercy of SCEA/SCEE to update.

The bigger culprit is SCEA right now since they only have 8 games on their list while SCEE has 100 or so to add on their list

Huh, that's the Sony way of doing things I guess.

Well, I didn't know about the extended SCEE list, though. I guess I'm good, then. Couldn't really be arsed to use my PS3 every time I want to play a new PSone game.

Are UK PS1 games 50hz on Vita? With borders and slower refresh etc? Anyone know? I ask because I noticed Resident Evil 2 and 3 have US flags and say they're 60hz only.

Pezking

I shall have to add that it's hard to push buttons with Suikoden, much like how people are having trouble with Final Fantasy VIII in this thread.

I have the same "problem" with Parasite Eve. I thought the game had frozen in the title screen, until i pushed the buttons really hard.

Huh, that's the Sony way of doing things I guess.

Well, I didn't know about the extended SCEE list, though. I guess I'm good, then. Couldn't really be arsed to use my PS3 every time I want to play a new PSone game.

Just to clarify SCEE will have 100 or so up for their update and more should go up eventually.

So if you are in Europe that amount should be alright for an appetizer LOL. The issue was the US list and its now proven that games not mentioned on that list works via PS3 transfer (hence this thread)

Argyle

Well, it's not in the main list but Chrono Trigger works for me...

I'm downloading a bunch of stuff onto my PS3, but I noticed that Kyuiin is not just gone from PSN...it's also gone from my download list altogether! WTF?!?!?

I have a feeling Magical Drop F is gone too...yup. What the fuck, Sony?

Tailzo

Are UK PS1 games 50hz on Vita? With borders and slower refresh etc? Anyone know? I ask because I noticed Resident Evil 2 and 3 have US flags and say they're 60hz only.

From what I hear, except for import PSone games, all EU PSN psx games are 50hz awful versions. That's why I buy as few PSone games as possible. (I've gotten som from PSN+)

i've seen posters say yes
Thanks, I didn't want to restart ff5.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sony sure makes you jump through a lot of hoops to get any kind of usefulness out of their products. First all the download/transfer woes for PSP games requiring PS3->Vita transfer, now the same BS with PS1 titles. I love my Vita, I just wish using it was a more fluid process.

I bring my Vita to work with me where I do not have my PS3 so I'm screwed for playing any PS1 games today. Bleh. And what if I didn't even own a PS3? Then I'd really be up shit creek.

Top Bottom