• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nostalgia Trip: Microsoft 3D Movie Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the other thread about Windows Movie Maker and thought it was going to be about Microsoft 3D Movie Maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNBCoaZn8FU

RandomMoviePic.JPG

And now I just want to reminisce about how fucking great this program was. I had so much fun with it as a kid. Spent HOURS on it and made so much dumb shit.

Anyone else remember this?

I did. My favorite character was that guy with the turban who also worked as a dentist (check the character bios). I vaguely recall making a movie about an alien who came to Earth and was scared into a rampage or something. It was the biggest thing I ever made. The program did teach me about resourcefulness.

Dommo

YES

Anyone else make violent action films where, to create the effect of pools of blood, you make a red sphere and stick it in the ground so just the top bit is popping up? So many little tricks I used to make what I wanted to make.

EDIT: I see this technique is used right above!

Literally never heard of it.
Screams that gaudy 90s computer look, so it really is a product of its time. Everyone was so obsessed with "3D'.

I played this for countless hours as a kid. Every movie I made ended with the chubby guy getting run over by that car with the bull horns, followed by the lazy "Ah!" sound effect. My god I found it hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom