• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2011 NPD results delayed one day

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Considering Zelda only had about a week to perform + being released only on the Wii, 9th place isn't that bad.

I'm more surprised at AC:Revelations charting so high. I want to see the numbers for it.

surly

Banned
Dec 2008 NPD

DS - 3.04 million
Wii - 2.15 million

So MS has a ~1 million unit gap on the next system apparently.
The gap has to be less than 890,000 as it's the largest gap between 1 and 2 "since" December 2008. You would need to find the next largest gap between 1 and 2 since then, if you can be bothered to go through the figures.

So, the question now remains - who's number 2? Did wii or ps3 come in second? And could 360 possibly have doubled the 3rd place platform, whether it be ps3 or wii?

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
The gap has to be less than 890,000 as it's the largest gap between 1 and 2 "since" December 2008. You would need to find the next largest gap between 1 and 2 since then, if you can be bothered to go through the figures.

March 2009. 700k between the Wii and DS.

aegies

Unless theyre selectively excluding portables.

From the NPD release:

“This is the fourth consecutive month in which the Xbox 360 has been the top selling hardware system. The gap between 360 sales and sales of the next best selling platform was the largest we’ve seen since December 2008 when the Nintendo DS was the top selling system.”

So I'm assuming handhelds are being counted here.

Why does this "Huge" talk have to be about hardware? Could be about MW3. Hell MW3 on 360 alone could have done insane numbers(7 million?).

Anth0ny

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/game-industry-sales-in-november-essentially-flat-at-3-billion/

T4vOg.jpg

I had a feeling Zelda would "flop." Nintendo's fault for launching it in November, Zelda can't hang with the big boys. Times have changed!

It was released at the end of the month, but still. It's doing shit in Japan too, I don't expect a huge turnaround in North America either.

NateDrake

I had a feeling Zelda would "flop." Nintendo's fault for launching it in November, Zelda can't hang with the big boys. Times have changed!

It was released at the end of the month, but still. It's doing shit in Japan too, I don't expect a huge turnaround in North America either.

Over 500k in a week for Zelda is bad now? WTF

BurntPork

Banned
From the NPD release:

“This is the fourth consecutive month in which the Xbox 360 has been the top selling hardware system. The gap between 360 sales and sales of the next best selling platform was the largest we’ve seen since December 2008 when the Nintendo DS was the top selling system.”

So I'm assuming handhelds are being counted here.

That.... Yeah, that confirms >2 million. 360 is officially the new Wii.

Uncharted sold more first week in the UK if I'm not mistaken. Makes sense the pattern would hold here.

I know. This solidifies that Zelda's not a blockbuster anymore. Sadly, once Nintendo catches on, they'll start to move away from it.

Alrus

Nintendo said it's the fastest selling Zelda game in NA... Flop is a bit of an hyperbole. (Not saying it did great though).

But hey, didn't Nintendo say Mario 3D Land did over 500k during black friday week? Surprised it didn't chart at all...

Oh well, we'll get some number later on and we'll be able to see things more clearly. First day of NPD always sucks these days.

Top Bottom