• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NOW LIVE] Cyberpunk | Patch 1.3 - What's new in Night City?

Armorian

Banned
If you remove all the NPCs it will surely run better.

If that's the only way for them to run this in 30fps on jaguars... There are npcs, just very few of them 🤣 Amount of people on the streets doesn't really matter for the gameplay in this game, fps does. For the immersion for sure, but console version looks like shit anyway...

Cherrypepsi

"the city's always got a promise for you, maybe a lie, an illusion, but it's there and it keeps you going."

That was the only thing about that trailer that is the truth.
Somebody please merge the video of the ps5 empty streets with the audio of that trailer 😂

Flabagast

If you remove all the NPCs it will surely run better.
They removed NPC only once on PS platforms around patch 1.2, it is not like they remove them a little more at each new patch lol (shame that it spills over to the PS5 version though but that is how PS backcompat works). And in exchange, now the game is pretty stable in performance and still looks miles better than it did at launch.

mostly happy with the patch BUT i did "The Pickup" mission and after i stopped the netrunner from burning me the burn warning was stuck on the screen until i reloaded my save.

also still they haven't fixed the god damn radio volume. it's so damn quiet no matter what i do.

otherwise it's a good patch. performance seems better for me and thank goodness the SSR grain is gone.

Last edited:
mostly happy with the patch BUT i did "The Pickup" mission and after i stopped the netrunner from burning me the burn warning was stuck on the screen until i reloaded my save.

also still they haven't fixed the god damn radio volume. it's so damn quiet no matter what i do.

otherwise it's a good patch. performance seems better for me and thank goodness the SSR grain is gone.
Are you on PC? If yes, volume related problems can be fixed if you turn Loudness Equalisation off from the sound control panel.

Also, yay for fixed SSR grain. I might actually redownload now.

SSfox

There is no game ever released without any bugs.

You probably don't play much japanese games to say something like this, and some western devs too actually release games with no bugs (most Sony studios actually). There a lot of games that has no bug.

Also some few bugs can be tolerable here and there, but Cyberpunk was too much abused with bugs.

Are you on PC? If yes, volume related problems can be fixed if you turn Loudness Equalisation off from the sound control panel.

yeah i'm on PC. hmm i'll try that.

there's still a tiny bit of grain if you look for it but the difference is huge. it was pissing me off before and it ruined the look of everything. at times i was even enabling RTX shadows to get rid of it and taking the performance hit.

Pantz

They finally fixed the glitch to remove underwear. Now your customized junk is only allowed in the inventory.

Hugare

Streets are empty due to COVID, but when the next gen patch launches on December, everybody will probably be vaccinated already, so the streets will be populated

Just like in real life

Trully next gen levels of immersion here

(Watch them market the next gen update using this COVID narrative to joke about the game's population. Just watch.)

I liked the SSR grain lol

It fucked image quality overral, but I dont know. Have played this game for so long that it became part of the game for me.

Feels like something is missing now

Last edited:
^Hahaha you might be the only person that I've seen who actually preferred the SSR grain! If you really like the grainy look, just turn on film grain :p

Armorian

Banned
For comparison with consoles, this is people density in PC ver:

NCHvtNWa_o.png
VZ52Iv9A_o.png
LLnL5vX4_o.png

Woggleman

I don't see why PS5 couldn't have done like the Series X. Just release a separate patch for next gen versions so we don't have dead streets. I have been wondering why I don't have the negative impression many do and that is because I am playing on the Series X where the streets are actually quite lively and crowded in certain places.

Top Bottom