• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November Results

demigod

So they never broke down the consoles, just combined them into one 1.3m number?

NPD is getting weirder and weirder.

I know i'm in the NPD thread but they're really boring and suck. I don't see what the point of hiding the numbers do. Japan and Europe gives out numbers and they don't wait 20 days after to do so either like NPD.

iconmaster

Banned
Super Mario Party's been on a surprising streak of its own. Debuted at #9 in September, jumped to #5 in October (with Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption II both releasing!), and now hanging in there at #12. Looking like it has legs.

Horns

I hope RDR2 can stay on the charts for half as long as GTA V did. Also, not a bad showing for BFV if those numbers exclude both digital and PC digital sales.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I hope RDR2 can stay on the charts for half as long as GTA V did. Also, not a bad showing for BFV if those numbers exclude both digital and PC digital sales.

It won't. But that's not a bad thing. I don't think that many people are into the "setting" of RDR2 as they were with GTA V.

TLZ

Banned
Did this already get posted? It's great news.

Happy they're all doing great :)

On another note, forgive me here, but why do I have this feeling if Switch came on top, this dude would be shouting from the rooftops about it, and because it's not, he's being vague? Has he ever claimed which console came on top, that isn't the Switch?

PocoJoe

Banned
Super Mario Party's been on a surprising streak of its own. Debuted at #9 in September, jumped to #5 in October (with Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption II both releasing!), and now hanging in there at #12. Looking like it has legs.

Maybe because nintendo usually has less "big games" while sony/ms has tons of big games so people spread their money instead of having to choose from few titles?

I know that switch has 1000+ games, or so they say. But still only a handful of games that most players know, like zelda&mario games so many just buy those and thats it

Mooreberg

Main thing I want to see going into the next hardware cycle is for publishers to stop sending less popular games out to die during the autumn. There has been a pretty obvious trend going back to 2007 as to what can sell in a crowded market and what cannot. Some stuff fell off (music games, peripheral dependant games, etc) but not a lot has emerged to surprise anybody. Call of Duty, AssCreed, years with a Rockstar release, higher profile first party games, and NBA 2K are your safe bets every year. Stuff like Hitman 2 coming out in November is just kinda stupid. Nobody has that much time, and the most popular games are increasingly time consuming.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Main thing I want to see going into the next hardware cycle is for publishers to stop sending less popular games out to die during the autumn. There has been a pretty obvious trend going back to 2007 as to what can sell in a crowded market and what cannot. Some stuff fell off (music games, peripheral dependant games, etc) but not a lot has emerged to surprise anybody. Call of Duty, AssCreed, years with a Rockstar release, higher profile first party games, and NBA 2K are your safe bets every year. Stuff like Hitman 2 coming out in November is just kinda stupid. Nobody has that much time, and the most popular games are increasingly time consuming.

So true! Games like Bloodborne came out in February and it was helped because of that.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Happy they're all doing great :)

On another note, forgive me here, but why do I have this feeling if Switch came on top, this dude would be shouting from the rooftops about it, and because it's not, he's being vague? Has he ever claimed which console came on top, that isn't the Switch?
The numbers are on OP.. PS4 was the top seller this month.

Switch was on top only in revenue.

Top Bottom