• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November Results

thelastword

Banned
That spin and damage controls in this thread though :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Well PS4 won, there's no spin necessary, it won by over a 100k........That ends that....

However, if there were more units, it would sell more units......This is a fact not a spin.....

Anyway, I don't know why you intend to put Switch against PS4, when one is a weaker console/handheld hybrid, and it's only been available for 2 years......PS4 is outselling it after 5 years on the market.....Is that enough perspective for you?...Let's see how Switch does in 5+ years onthe market....
"Embarrassed"

Yeah, I wasn't the only one telling him that he's wrong. Looks like you're just siding with him, even though facts prove him wrong.
Yes, I've seen it done quite a bit and it's been done against me several times.....It's a really bizarre thing to witness.......Blatantly going against the facts in support of someone who is wrong or plain trolling....

octiny

Banned
Actually he does make the rules to fit his narrative.

Profit margins do not matter......unless its Nintendo.
Exclusives do not matter......unless its Nintendo.

Profit margins don't matter? Lol where did you come up with that? All three companies are doing great with net profit.

Exclusives are proven to sell Nintendo consoles. It's why a lot of people buy them, they simply have a different fan base verse MS & Sony. Their top 10 LTD conclusively backs this up. It's why we always hear the term, Nintendo makes a great console to pair with PC, Xbox or PS4. Exclusives for Nintendo, Multi-Platform for the others. Best of both worlds.

Edit: Ah yes, you mean hardware margins. In comparison to software & subscriptions, it's a drop in the bucket. Which is why I laughed at the narrative that Sony was holding back in November for better margins on hardware, when they could easily earn more through new software sold & subscriptions by selling more systems. Maybe, take some cues from MS considering how much net profit they bring w/ half the install base.

I always found it weird Sony's SP focused games drop off so much in sales (very front loaded).

SP games can be played at anytime without having to worry about the types of things most of the third party games focus on - MP experiences. Someone wanting to play competitively should theoretically lead to huge front loaded sales because nobody wants to start playing online 6 months later when everyone else has already mastered maps, unlocked all weapons or in sports games already know the technique and boosted their rosters.

Sports games are also seasonal. Yet somehow good ones still sell well even 8 months later (FIFA and NBA2k). Fading away when the new game comes out or the seasons are ending. Good shooters also can be top 10 sellers for a while. Sony games disappear fast.

On the other hand, it makes no difference whether you play UC or God of War now or a year later as you aren't competing with anyone.

Completely agree.

Dude, you laughed at tweets from someone who ACTUALLY HAS NPD DATA. He is well known on both Resetera and NeoGAF forum. You're using FAKE numbers in a debate.

I posted numbers already.

Let's backtrack to your post from yesterday.

I think it's clear that you're not paying attention.

Final Fantasy XV sold 7.7 million copies in less than TWO years
https://www.destructoid.com/final-f...on-sales-in-just-under-two-years-516081.phtml

Horizon Zero Dawn sold 7.6 million in one year.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/horizon-zero-dawn-sells-76-million-copies-setting-/1100-6457077/

This means it surpassed it in a shorter period of time. This is also one platform title vs a multiplatform title. So there are LESS than 7.7 copies sold on the PS4 platform.

You don't know what you're talking about.

God of War and Spider-Man are still selling, and just because it doesn't chart, that doesn't mean the game is not selling well. NPD tracks revenue and makes their estimates. This means if a game that a multiplat game such as NBA 2K and God of War could sell the same amount of copies during the month of November, but God of War will rank lower because of the mount of revenue generated.

Let's look at another interesting fact.

God of War Was One of the Top 5 Best-Selling Products on Black Friday
https://www.playstationlifestyle.ne...lack-friday-best-selling/#rxbI6mmbzSplsf8C.99

I'm posting mere facts, and all you're doing is making up things and quoting inaccurate sources.

You do realize if a game that is not charting top 10, while the other top 10 games still are, it has no chance of passing them right? Lol simple math. Spiderman will eventually chart, and it'll eventually get pushed out by Red Dead once that charts.

https://popbastion.com/2018/09/07/final-fantasy-xv-sales-top-8-1-million-worldwide/

Again, Horizon Dawn is not passing it. It's dropped like a rock, and I'm willing to bet those numbers included bundle sales considering it's a Sony released number.

Regarding the tweets, of course I laughed out loud. I'll take the chart that provides the greater picture globally, then someone who picks & chooses what they release. VGChartz may not be reliable when it comes to system sales, but retail game sales they're usually pretty close to the mark at least (not including digital).

It's just a twisted way of thinking. He says UC4 has a low attach rate as proof people don't care about exclusives, but the chart he's showing me has UC4 6th on the list. lol

Lol, hold up. Please quote me where I exclusively said UC4 had a low attach rate? I said it had a worse attach rate. In, fact I was giving props to UC4 for being the 1 game in the top 10. Better yet, point me to the direction where I said everybody doesn't care about exclusives. I said casuals, outside of the core fan base such as ourselves, don't care. They help, but AAA multi-platform titles are what sells the majority of consoles. As the majority of consoles sold are bought by casuals just looking to play a couple games, ala Fifa, Madden, COD etc as backed by the LTD top 10 sales chart.

Don't put words in peoples mouths to try & prove your failed narrative. Now be a good lad & find me those *exact* words I apparently said.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
This is why I asked earlier in the thread what the precedents are for one successful product vs. another successful product released years later, but nobody has mentioned anything. PS4 is currently at 80% of Wii's lifetime sales and will pass it, all with Japan being a husk of a market. That would have been unthinkable in 2012 (granted, nobody could have predicted Xbox's 2013 PR cycle being an impressionist rendition of what Sony accomplished in 2006). Literally nobody is explaining what is supposed to be surprising about what is going on the market lately. You'd had to have been in a coma the last twenty months to think Switch was another Wii U.
Wit?

Can you explain what are you trying to say or why did you quote me at all?

Actually PS4 is surprising selling better than most expected at it 5th year... it is UP year over year when most expected it to be down without a price cut.

Now what is surprising about Switch selling that much in it 2nd year when their biggest release happened?

What will surprise you in December with Smash?

These Switch numbers are expected since early this year.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You do realize if a game that is not charting top 10, while the other top 10 games still are, it has no chance of passing them right? Lol simple math. Spiderman will eventually chart, and it'll eventually get pushed out by Red Dead once that charts.

https://popbastion.com/2018/09/07/final-fantasy-xv-sales-top-8-1-million-worldwide/

Again, Horizon Dawn is not passing it. It's dropped like a rock, and I'm willing to bet those numbers included bundle sales considering it's a Sony released number.

Regarding the tweets, of course I laughed out loud. I'll take the chart that provides the greater picture globally, then someone who chooses to pick & chooses what they release. VGChartz may not be reliable when it comes to system sales, but retail game sales they're usually pretty close to the mark at least (not including digital).

Lol, hold up. Please quote me where I said exclusively said UC4 had a low attach rate? I said it had a worse attach rate. In, fact I was giving props to UC4 for being the 1 game in the top 10. Better yet, point me to the direction where I said everybody doesn't care about exclusives. I said casuals, outside of the core fan base such as ourselves, don't care. They help, but AAA multi-platform titles are what sells the majority of consoles. As the majority of consoles sold are bought by casuals just looking to play a couple games, ala Fifa, Madden, COD etc as backed by the LTD top 10 sales chart.

Don't put words in peoples mouths to try & prove your failed narrative. Now be a good lad & find me those *exact* words I apparently said.

You're making things up as you go. I don't know why you fail to do more research or even pretend like you even know what you're talking about.

And again, you ignore facts and continue to prove that you don't know what you're talking about.

Final Fantasy 15 and Horizon Zero Dawn were BOTH bundled.

Final Fantasy 15 sold 8.1 million in TWO years.

.............In two years.

But there's one thing about hese numbers.

Horizon Zero Dawn sold 7.6 million.
Final Fantasy XV SHIPPED 8.1 million.

The reason why it went from 7 million to 8 is because they released Final Fantasy XV: Royle Edition. Similar to how Sony released Horizon Zero Dawn complete Edition. They're both sales, but in fact, HZD is doing better numbers.

Regarding the tweets, of course I laughed out loud. I'll take the chart that provides the greater picture globally, then someone who chooses to pick & chooses what they release. VGChartz may not be reliable when it comes to system sales, but retail game sales they're usually pretty close to the mark at least (not including digital).

No, you just want to use VGChartz to make a false argument. They're not real numbers, they're made up.

Please quote me where I said exclusively said UC4 had a low attach rate? I said it had a worse attach rate.

You said the attach rate was low for UC4 and used it as proof that many people don't care about "exclusives." Once again, you're moving the goalpost.

As the majority of consoles sold are bought by casuals just looking to play a couple games, ala Fifa, Madden, COD etc as backed by the LTD top 10 sales chart.

This is hilarious. You're just keep making up things and hoping it sticks.

Madden isn't popular outside of the US.

How can Madden less on the PS4 platform and say only a small amount of people care about PS exclusives?

You can't make this stuff up - lol.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4**
  2. Red Dead Redemption II
  3. Far Cry 5
  4. Marvel’s Spider-Man
  5. NBA 2K19
  6. God of War 2018
  7. Monster Hunter: World
  8. Madden NFL 19**
  9. Grand Theft Auto V
  10. Call of Duty: WWII**
Madden doesn't include PC digital sales, but if it was included, it is not going to sell more than the likes of God of War and Spider-Man.

1) Where's your proof that casuals only care about playing a couple of games?
2) Is God of War, Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn more popular on the PS4 than Madden?

octiny

Banned
You're making things up as you go. I don't know why you fail to do more research or even pretend like you even know what you're talking about.

And again, you ignore facts and continue to prove that you don't know what you're talking about.

Final Fantasy 15 and Horizon Zero Dawn were BOTH bundled.

Final Fantasy 15 sold 8.1 million in TWO years.

.............In two years.

But there's one thing about hese numbers.

Horizon Zero Dawn sold 7.6 million.
Final Fantasy XV SHIPPED 8.1 million.

The reason why it went from 7 million to 8 is because they released Final Fantasy XV: Royle Edition. Similar to how Sony released Horizon Zero Dawn complete Edition. They're both sales, but in fact, HZD is doing better numbers.

No, you just want to use VGChartz to make a false argument. They're not real numbers, they're made up.

You said the attach rate was low for UC4 and used it as proof that many people don't care about "exclusives." Once again, you're moving the goalpost.

This is hilarious. You're just keep making up things and hoping it sticks.

Madden isn't popular outside of the US.

How can Madden less on the PS4 platform and say only a small amount of people care about PS exclusives?

You can't make this stuff up - lol.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4**
  2. Red Dead Redemption II
  3. Far Cry 5
  4. Marvel’s Spider-Man
  5. NBA 2K19
  6. God of War 2018
  7. Monster Hunter: World
  8. Madden NFL 19**
  9. Grand Theft Auto V
  10. Call of Duty: WWII**
Madden doesn't include PC digital sales, but if it was included, it is not going to sell more than the likes of God of War and Spider-Man.

1) Where's your proof that casuals only care about playing a couple of games?
2) Is God of War, Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn more popular on the PS4 than Madden?

"You said the attach rate was low for UC4 and used it as proof that many people don't care about "exclusives." Once again, you're moving the goalpost."

No no no, don't try to change your wording from your previous post. Quote me on this or just admit you lied & put words in my worth. The irony, considering you keep saying I'm moving the goal posts lol.

"It's just a twisted way of thinking. He says UC4 has a low attach rate as proof people don't care about exclusives, but the chart he's showing me has UC4 6th on the list. lol"

If there's one thing that grinds my gears, it's when people resort to putting words in other peoples mouths to try & prove a failed point.
------------------
Keep saying they're made up, if that makes you feel better :messenger_smiling:

You just quoted a 2017 YOY chart, GOW hasn't charted for months. Nor has it charted anywhere on the Top 10 LTD. I guess props it charted for 2017 because it sold well for 2 months & will consistently get pushed down the list? Lol.

Proof that casuals only buy a few games? LOL literally PS4's own LTD top 10 list. They are the same games, over & over & over on a yearly basis. Compare that to Nintendo's & it's night & day. Now that's a system where exclusives matter & actually sells a crap ton of systems because of it.

I think the most hilarious thing is.....UC4 is your only defense, because it's literally the only 1 that's ever been in the top 10. So you're acting as if it's representative of all PS4 exclusives....when that's so far from the truth, it's not even funny at this point.

Care to go on?

Edit: Saying I'm making up things as I go, providing fake numbers etc is a complete bail out. I have never wavered from my first post. Consistently detailing the same message over & over & over. This isn't rocket science. It's clear you're getting frustrated that I'm not giving into your agenda. Not my fault you can't live with the fact that by the time this gen is over, PS4 will only have 1 exclusive in it's top 10 LTD.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
"You said the attach rate was low for UC4 and used it as proof that many people don't care about "exclusives." Once again, you're moving the goalpost."

No no no, don't try to change your wording from your previous post. Quote me on this or just admit you lied & put words in my worth. The irony, considering you keep saying I'm moving the goal posts lol.

"It's just a twisted way of thinking. He says UC4 has a low attach rate as proof people don't care about exclusives, but the chart he's showing me has UC4 6th on the list. lol"

If there's one thing that grinds my gears, it's when people resort to putting words in other peoples mouths to try & prove a failed point.
------------------
Keep saying they're made up, if that makes you feel better :messenger_smiling:

You just quoted a 2017 YOY chart, GOW hasn't charted for months. Nor has it charted anywhere on the Top 10 LTD. I guess props it charted for 2017 because it sold well for 2 months & will consistently get pushed down the list? Lol.

Proof that casuals only buy a few games? LOL literally PS4's own LTD top 10 list. They are the same games, over & over & over on a yearly basis. Compare that to Nintendo's & it's night & day. Now that's a system where exclusives matter & actually sells a crap ton of systems because of it.

I think your most hilarious thing is.....UC4 is your only defense, because it's literally the only 1 that's ever been in the top 10. So you're acting as if it's representative of all PS4 exclusives....when that's so far from the truth, it's not even funny at this point.

Care to go on?

I didn't need to put words in your mouth, you brought up UC4 attach rate.

The best selling titles of 2018 has Madden below Spider-Man and God of War.

Madden is one of the titles you mentioned as the games casuals care about.

See how you didn't bother commenting on Final Fantasy XV after I started bring up facts? That means I don't need to stick to just one game, I'm talking about the biggest PS4 exclusives and you're just trying to find ways to make excuses as to why they're not popular among casuals, even though numbers prove you wrong.

Now, I want you to tell me, which is more popular. Madden 2019 or Spider-Man?

octiny

Banned
I didn't need to put words in your mouth, you brought up UC4 attach rate.

The best selling titles of 2018 has Madden below Spider-Man and God of War.

Madden is one of the titles you mentioned as the games casuals care about.

See how you didn't bother commenting on Final Fantasy XV after I started bring up facts? That means I don't need to stick to just one game, I'm talking about the biggest PS4 exclusives and you're just trying to find ways to make excuses as to why they're not popular among casuals, even though numbers prove you wrong.

Now, I want you to tell me, which is more popular. Madden 2019 or Spider-Man?

Wow dude, you accuse someone of something yet can't provide the exact quote. Wanna know why? Because it's not there. You pulled it out of your ass. Sad to see you've come to this, starting to remind me of someone else on this forum.

Madden by far & it's not even close in terms of popularity as a franchise on consoles lol. If we're talking sales this year, Spider-man has the edge. People don't update every year as they do with Fifa, thank god.

Regarding FFXV, it doesn't matter how long it's been out. It continues to sale. Horizon Dawn has dropped like a rock like most PS4 exclusives & those numbers you quoted 99% more than likely includes bundle sales. Shoot, even the remastered Uncharted collection sold better than it.

Anyways, back to the PS4's Top 10 YTD list.

1. GTAV
2. COD BOPS 3
3. COD WWII
4. FIFA 18
5. FIFA17
6. Uncharted
7. COD IW
8. Fallout 4
9. Fifa 16
10. SW Battlefront

Man, look at all those PS4 exclusives. Might as well add Kingdom Hearts 3 & Red Dead to that list in the coming months. Let's throw in the the next COD & next Fifa as well. As I said, in the end, the only PS4 exclusive that will actually chart by the end of the gen is Last of Us 2. Clearly, exclusives are a huge reason PS4 has sold so well /s.

For comparison here is Nintendo's top 10.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ng_nintendo_switch_games_as_of_september_2018

1. Super Mario Odyssey - 12.17 million
  2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 11.71 million
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 10.28 million
  4. Splatoon 2 - 7.47 million
  5. 1-2-Switch - 2.64 million
  6. Mario Tennis Aces - 2.16 million
  7. ARMS - 2.10 million
  8. Kirby Star Allies - 2.10 million
  9. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 1.67 million
  10. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1.53 million

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Wow dude, you accuse someone of something yet can't provide the exact quote. Wanna know why? Because it's not there. You pulled it out of your ass. Sad to see you've come to this, starting to remind me of someone else on this forum.

Madden by far & it's not even close in terms of popularity as a franchise on consoles lol. If we're talking sales this year, Spider-man has the edge. People don't update every year as they do with Fifa, thank god.

Regarding FFXV, it doesn't matter how long it's been out. It continues to sale. Horizon Dawn has dropped like a rock like most PS4 exclusives & those numbers you quoted 99% more than likely includes bundle sales. Shoot, even the remastered Uncharted collection sold better than it.

1. GTAV
2. COD BOPS 3
3. COD WWII
4. FIFA 18
5. FIFA17
6. Uncharted
7. COD IW
8. Fallout 4
9. Fifa 16
10. SW Battlefront

Man, look at all those PS4 exclusives. Might as well add Kingdom Hearts 3 & Red Dead to that list in the coming months. Let's throw in the the next COD & next Fifa as well. As I said, in the end, the only PS4 exclusive that will actually chart by the end of the gen is Last of Us 2.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ng_nintendo_switch_games_as_of_september_2018

7. ARMS - 2.10 million

Madden by far? LOL. But it's selling less than the biggest PS4 exclusives, so you're wrong on that front.

You're also using VGChart numbers.

I don't know why you keep ignoring facts.

Final Fantasy 15 was bundled, so that excuse is not going to work.

can't provide the exact quote. Wanna know why? Because it's not there.

Quote me where I said that they were your exact words? Never said it. You clearly talked about UC4 attach rate and it's obvious what you were talking about.

Now let's look some of the top PSN downloads this year.

June 2018
8. Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

July 2018
10. Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

August 2018
2. Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

When was the last time Final Fantasy XV made a list? Royal Edition was released this year but I didn't find it on any charts.

But wait,

June 2018 Top 10 PS4
10. Horizon Zero Dawn

July 2018 Top 10 PS4
9. Horizon Zero Dawn

August 2018 Top 10 PS4
6. Horizon Zero Dawn

You're trying to tell everyone that Final Fantasy XV is still selling and Horizon Zero Dawn is not (at least, not well) but it's clear based on these facts that it's charting and FF15 is not.

I know you're going to try your best to downplay or excuse these facts, but you can't.

It's clear more than ever now that you just want to make up facts.

octiny

Banned
Madden by far? LOL. But it's selling less than the biggest PS4 exclusives, so you're wrong on that front.

You're also using VGChart numbers.

I don't know why you keep ignoring facts.

Final Fantasy 15 was bundled, so that excuse is not going to work.

Quote me where I said that they were your exact words? Never said it. You clearly talked about UC4 attach rate and it's obvious what you were talking about.

Now let's look some of the top PSN downloads this year.

June 2018
8. Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

July 2018
10. Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

August 2018
2. Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

When was the last time Final Fantasy XV made a list? Royal Edition was released this year but I didn't find it on any charts.

But wait,

June 2018 Top 10 PS4
10. Horizon Zero Dawn

July 2018 Top 10 PS4
9. Horizon Zero Dawn

August 2018 Top 10 PS4
6. Horizon Zero Dawn

You're trying to tell everyone that Final Fantasy XV is still selling and Horizon Zero Dawn is not (at least, not well) but it's clear based on these facts that it's charting and FF15 is not.

I know you're going to try your best to downplay or excuse these facts, but you can't.

It's clear more than ever now that you just want to make up facts.

Lol did you just resort to PSN downloads? Oh my, this is becoming depressing that I'm actually starting to feel bad.

And regarding me demanding you to give me the quote. Dude just admit you made a mistake, you put words in my mouth to another forum member (not that I care much for him lol). Seriously, are you so egotistical that you can't admit when you said something, I didn't actually say? Really sad.

"He says UC4 has a low attach rate as proof people don't care about exclusives"

Then when I called you out, it changed to.

"You said the attach rate was low for UC4 and used it as proof that many people don't care about "exclusives."

Either way, both wrong. Every post of mine has said AAA have a better attachment rate, on average nowhere did I ever say UC4 had a low attach rate, nor did I say people don't buy consoles for exclusives. I said the majority, which consists of casuals, buy Sony & MS consoles outside of Nintendo. Essentially leaving the hardcore base, which explains why their so front-loaded in sales.

The proof is literally in this thread, so I'm unsure why you continue to front.

Anyways, bed time for me. Need the beauty sleep.

Edit: Reposting this, as I never got your response.

1. GTAV
2. COD BOPS 3
3. COD WWII
4. FIFA 18
5. FIFA17
6. Uncharted
7. COD IW
8. Fallout 4
9. Fifa 16
10. SW Battlefront

Man, look at all those PS4 exclusives. Might as well add Kingdom Hearts 3 & Red Dead to that list in the coming months. Let's throw in the the next COD & next Fifa as well. As I said, in the end, the only PS4 exclusive that will actually chart by the end of the gen is Last of Us 2. Clearly, exclusives are a huge reason PS4 has sold so well /s.

7. ARMS - 2.10 million

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Lol did you just resort to PSN downloads? Oh my, this is becoming depressing that I'm actually starting to feel bad.

And regarding me demanding you to give me the quote. Dude just admit you made a mistake, you put words in my mouth to another forum member (not that I care much for him lol). Seriously, are you so egotistical that you can't admit when you said something, I didn't actually say? Really sad.

"He says UC4 has a low attach rate as proof people don't care about exclusives"

Then when I called you out, it changed to.

"You said the attach rate was low for UC4 and used it as proof that many people don't care about "exclusives."

Either way, both wrong. Every post of mine has said AAA have a better attachment rate, on average nowhere did I ever say UC4 had a low attach rate, nor did I say people don't buy consoles for exclusives. I said the majority, which consists of casuals, buy Sony & MS consoles outside of Nintendo. Essentially leaving the hardcore base, which explains why their so front-loaded in sales.

The proof is literally in this thread, so I'm unsure why you continue to front.

Anyways, bed time for me. Need the beauty sleep.

They're NPD results from top PS4 10 titles AND PSN downloads.

I don't recall seeing FF15, even though you said it's still selling.

It's funny when someone is losing an argument they tend to laugh at the sources being posted. If Final Fantasy was doing better, then you would see it on the charts above Horizon Zero Dawn.

Just stop, dude. lol.

1. GTAV
2. COD BOPS 3
3. COD WWII
4. FIFA 18
5. FIFA17

6. Uncharted
7. COD IW
8. Fallout 4
9. Fifa 16
10. SW Battlefront

3 FIFA titles
3 COD titles
This doesn't help your argument. This just shows that there are only a few franchises that sell better than PS4 exclusives but you want to say these are the only games people care about.

Edit: You laughed at the tweets I posted, even though they were from someone who has actual NPD data and knows VGChartz posts a lot of false information on their site. Now you're laughing at NPD rankings and PSN download of Horizon Zero Dawn. LOL.

This is enough evidence to prove that you don't want to admit when you're wrong. Anyone can see that you're lying.

Last edited:

octiny

Banned
They're NPD results from top PS4 10 titles AND PSN downloads.

I don't recall seeing FF15, even though you said it's still selling.

It's funny when someone is losing an argument they tend to laugh at the sources being posted. If Final Fantasy was doing better, then you would see it on the charts above Horizon Zero Dawn.

Just stop, dude. lol.

Just admit when you've been torched man. It's fine. My argument has been the same all along. 1 PS4 exclusive in the top 10 LTD. Majority don't buy consoles for exclusives, outside of Nintendo. Attachment rate is higher for AAA multi-platform titles for Sony. Like what are you debating me for? All of these are facts.

I'm going to keep posting this until I get a response.

1. GTAV
2. COD BOPS 3
3. COD WWII
4. FIFA 18
5. FIFA17
6. Uncharted
7. COD IW
8. Fallout 4
9. Fifa 16
10. SW Battlefront

7. ARMS - 2.10 million

Last edited:

SonGoku

There is no last year number in OP... this year estimates numbers I posted directly in the OP.
Sorry my bad i misinterpreted this line: Using last year data.
So PS4 is still king uh? going by some of the comments i though it lost November

Thx for the numbers

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Just admit when you've been torched man. It's fine. My argument has been the same all along. 1 PS4 exclusive in the top 10 LTD. Majority don't buy consoles for exclusives, outside of Nintendo. Attachment rate is higher for AAA multi-platform titles for Sony. Like what are you debating me for? All of these are facts.

I'm going to keep posting this until I get a response.

1. GTAV
2. COD BOPS 3
3. COD WWII
4. FIFA 18
5. FIFA17
6. Uncharted
7. COD IW
8. Fallout 4
9. Fifa 16
10. SW Battlefront

7. ARMS - 2.10 million

If it's in the top 10, that means people care about those exclusives?

Difference between 7th and 10th is just under 400k copies.

So, based on your argument, the games the exclusives have to sell at least 8 million copies to be considered worthy of a top 10.

Hmmm...

Spider-Man is still selling. It's currently ranked 19th and it tracked data (which is inaccurate) from Sept 7th - Sept 26th.
Horizon Zero Dawn is still selling and it stopped tracking data on VGChartz Jan 15th 2018
God of War is still selling as well.

This means that it has to sell at least 8 million physical copies to be considered top 10 worthy. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I know you're going to find a way to spin this, just like you only move the goalpost just to include the top 10. Maybe because more PS exclusives are in the top 20?

After this, I promise that I'm done.

Does Spider-Man, HZD and God of War have to sell 8 million physical copies to be considered top 10 worthy? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

woigemok

Banned
PS4 exclusives are pitiful in comparison to 3rd party games sales on PS4

I still remembered back then when arguing HZD vs BOTW sales number. SDF keep saying HZD will win at the end since PS4 installbase is huge compared to Switch+Wii U.

HZD = ~8million in 90million installbase
BOTW = ~12million in 36million installbase

And BOTW is still charting consistently in NPD, MediaCreate, GFK and etc while HZD :messenger_grinning_sweat:
GOW already disappear in NPD, GFK, and MediaCreate :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Spiderman was behind Super Mario Party in the last NPD :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Smash Ultimate opening month is going to open at around GOW+Spiderman+HZD 1st month combined :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The only way to save Sony game is by giving them free with each hardware like TLOU, Spiderman, Knack and etc. :messenger_beaming:

17Million copies of TLOU probably didn't even make half of what MK8 series revenue lol because half of those were free:messenger_tears_of_joy:

BOTW still at a full price while HZD
SMO still at a full price while GOW
MK8D still at a full price while Spiderman

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
When a game selling 8 million in a single platform is considered pitiful lol

When you have no argument... I can feel the salty.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
More leaks.

csheep said:
Retail title ranking:

1. COD
2. RDR2
3. Fallout76
4. Madden
5. NBA 2k
6. Let's Go Pikachu
7. Let's Go Eevee
8. FIFA
9. AC Odyssey
10. Battlefield V

RDR2 outsold COD on dollars, despite being (slightly) behind on units. Pokemon definitely combined for more units and sales than COD and RDR2. Could be behind when digital is added.

CoD, RDR2 and Pokemon combined are > 1.5m

Last edited:

EdGalTBR

Banned
2018 NPD: PS4 x Switch x Xbox One

Code:
+-----+-----+-----+-----+
|Month| PS4 | NSW | XBO |
| JAN | 254k| 270k| 235k|

| FEB | 363k| 279k| 310k|

| MAR | 354k| 308k| 299k|

| APR | 326k| 171k| 134k|

| MAY | 221k| 166k| 144k|

| JUN | 377k| 323k| 256k|

| JUL | 187k| 263k| 152k|

| AUG | 197k| 203k| 162k|

| SEP | 421k| 259k| 176k|

| OCT | 340k| 255k| 226k|

| NOV |1478k|1356k|1342k|

| DEC |     |     |     |

| YTD |4518k|3853k|3436k|

Did some research and found those numbers. If they are innacurate, please correct me.

Last edited:

SonGoku

SDF keep saying HZD
Who said this? please provide examples, are you sure its not just one or two dudes you are grouping together as some elaborate sdf?
BOTW is a much more iconic game and will continue selling as an evergreen title for people jumping in the switch, HZD has no chance to beat Zelda but that doesnt make it bad or pitiful under any metric either.

thelastword

Banned
2018 NPD: PS4 x Switch x Xbox One

Code:
|Month| PS4 | NSW | XBO |
| JAN | 254k| 270k| 235k|

| FEB | 363k| 279k| 310k|

| MAR | 354k| 308k| 299k|

| APR | 326k| 171k| 134k|

| MAY | 221k| 166k| 144k|

| JUN | 377k| 323k| 256k|

| JUL | 187k| 263k| 152k|

| AUG | 197k| 203k| 162k|

| SEP | 421k| 259k| 176k|

| OCT | 340k| 255k| 226k|

| NOV |1478k|1356k|1342k|

| DEC |     |     |     |

| YTD |4518k|3853k|3436k|

Did some research and found those numbers. If they are innacurate, please correct me.
WOW, PS4 is on a tear. So PS4 will do close to or over 6 million after December's NPD....?

thelastword

Banned
Unless Sony comes out with a $199 bundle this Christmas, no chance it breaks 1mil imo.
Have not heard too much in terms of deals for the December month so far, reports and anecdotes have been few and far between.....So I guess it may not exceed 6 million, but it may get close at the very least eh!...….December is still a high-spending month, even outside of special deals, as people buy for gifts etc......Is it not possible that Sony announces a deal closer to Christmas? There's still time.....Or maybe they're going for max profit......Sony already has a massive lead as it is, and yet, people are known to buy PS4's at MSRP without issue, since it's such great value.....

Nope, in fact Switch is likely to outsell PS4 and become the best selling Console in the US for 2018
You'e said that, we shall see......I know Switch will do very well....So we'll see by how much it outsells PS4......By your estimation, it should be huge, so we shall see.....
The insider Benji says that PS4 is likely to be down YOY in december. It could do like 1 ~ 1.2 million.
Yes, 1.2 million will put it very close to 6 million....Do you have any figures of how consoles do in December...For e.g....how did the PS4 do last December.......Is November usually a higher selling month over December in years prior?

ethomaz

Banned
Yes, 1.2 million will put it very close to 6 million....Do you have any figures of how consoles do in December...For e.g....how did the PS4 do last December.......Is November usually a higher selling month over December in years prior?
If not wrong my math for last year December...

SW 1.5m
3DS 750k
XB1 1.36m
PS4 1.08m

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

I still remembered back then when arguing HZD vs BOTW sales number. SDF keep saying HZD will win at the end since PS4 installbase is huge compared to Switch+Wii U.

And BOTW is still charting consistently in NPD, MediaCreate, GFK and etc while HZD :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Spiderman was behind Super Mario Party in the last NPD :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Smash Ultimate opening month is going to open at around GOW+Spiderman+HZD 1st month combined :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The only way to save Sony game is by giving them free with each hardware like TLOU, Spiderman, Knack and etc. :messenger_beaming:

17Million copies of TLOU probably didn't even make half of what MK8 series revenue lol because half of those were free:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Almost as if one company’s goal is to make the platform viable for third parties, support them (while making money too) in proving all kinds of genres have a strong home on the platform, and creating a diverse game lineup and the other one.., was not really :messenger_face_screaming::messenger_hushed::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_halo: (did I put enough ;)?). They are also known not to leave a home console with long software fraught no matter if the console is being replaced by a successor or not, etc...

So because Sony exclusives sell a huge amount but not as much as titles from a company which is known for platforms where their titles sell to their core fanbase and third parties have a problem getting spotlight and sales there is reason to mock Sony? I am happy consoles, Nintendo is helping there too, is not going to mobile like prices and profit models, but it is all vanes from any software publisher on any platform not named Nintendo where the price drops after the bulk of initial sales are over. You are reaching a bit in order to make some kind of point about Sony’s titles and PS as a platform (never been the strongest one for an entire generation cycles, but sales wise somehow they have always managed to do well... of course some people think they have just been lucky for 25 years straight lol 😂).

Sony has some strong and profitable exclusive and prize winning (i.e.: free publicity) high sellers (Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Spider-man, God of War, etc...), strong AA/AAA titles (Infamous Series, MLB, GTS, etc...), creative and genre pushing endeavours (The Last Guardian, SotC remake, Gravity Rush 2, etc...), lots of console exclusive experimental indie games (Polybious, anything made by Housemarque like Resogun, etc...), and tons of small and medium games covering almost kind of game niches you could think of (in addition to VR, a platform all on its own)

Some people buy the platform because the sun of its parts, even on PS3 where third party games were handicapped in many instances (not just better on Xbox 360...), is an extremely strong and trustworthy proposition. Yes, including their online network and its features (and lack of paywall for online multiplayer on MMO’s and PSNow streamed games).

Last edited:

EdGalTBR

Banned
2nd Year: PS4 2014 x NSW 2018 x 3DS 2012
Code:
|Month| PS4 | NSW | 3DS |
| JAN | 270k| 270k| 160k|

| FEB | 270k| 279k| 260k|

| MAR | 370k| 308k| 225k|

| APR | 200k| 171k| 125k|

| MAY | 195k| 166k| 115k|

| JUN | 270k| 323k| 155k|

| JUL | 185k| 263k| 125k|

| AUG | 190k| 203k| 175k|

| SEP | 525k| 259k| 215k|

| OCT | 290k| 255k| 190k|

| NOV | 825k|1356k| 540k|

| DEC |1065k|     |1250k|

| TOT |4655k|3853k|3535k|

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
2nd Year: PS4 2014 x NSW 2018 x 3DS 2012
Code:
|Month| PS4 | NSW | 3DS |
| JAN | 270k| 270k| 160k|

| FEB | 270k| 279k| 260k|

| MAR | 370k| 308k| 225k|

| APR | 200k| 171k| 125k|

| MAY | 195k| 166k| 115k|

| JUN | 270k| 323k| 155k|

| JUL | 185k| 263k| 125k|

| AUG | 190k| 203k| 175k|

| SEP | 525k| 259k| 215k|

| OCT | 290k| 255k| 190k|

| NOV | 825k|1356k| 540k|

| DEC |1065k|     |1250k|

| TOT |4655k|3853k|3535k|
That is basically PS4 first year.

Second year is Nov 2014 to Oct 2015.

Last edited:

Sparda

Banned

Are you Normal? :messenger_neutral:
New ip vs zelda? Really?

woigemok

Banned
Are you Normal? :messenger_neutral:
New ip vs zelda? Really?

He's not normal. He's a console warrior that puts his cape on when it's time to "fight".
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/breath-of-the-bomba-horizon-defeats-zelda-in-uk-sales.1350384/
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/npd-...date-charts-platform-specific-charts.1362489/
I forgot what was the thread of SDFs were mocking Zelda BOTW because it was tracking below HZD in Japan.

And also the golden SDF commander who currently resides in ERA

Zelda is dead in Japan. So much for 1 million LTD that some users hoped in Mediacreate. It also shows that Comgent shouldn't be used to extrapolate sales figures.
Current Zelda LTD in Japan

[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 9.531 / 1.182.281 (+47%)
+250-300K from WIiU and Digital.

Last edited:

EdGalTBR

Banned
NPD Switch 2017 x 2018:

Code:
+-----+-----+-----+
|Month| 2017| 2018| 
+-----+-----+-----+ 
| JAN |     | 270k| 
| FEB |     | 279k| 
| MAR | 906k| 308k| 
| APR | 281k| 171k| 
| MAY | 165k| 166k| 
| JUN | 216k| 323k| 
| JUL | 222k| 263k| 
| AUG | 205k| 203k| 
| SEP | 309k| 259k| 
| OCT | 280k| 255k| 
| NOV | 775k|1356k| 
| DEC |1500k|     | 
+-----+-----+-----+ 
| TOT |4859k|3853k| 
+-----+-----+-----+

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So they never broke down the consoles, just combined them into one 1.3m number?

NPD is getting weirder and weirder.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The three systems each sold over 1.3 million units. That's as specific as NPD is willing to get anymore. :confused:

I hear that, been for some time, but not too long ago they had the order at least... it is getting sillier. Revenue is fine and all, very simplistic and they always had revenue, but stat junkies like stats.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
US loves them some videogames, man.

Even the bartender chicks I talk to either want or have a console. Just 10 years ago you'd be given the side eye for saying you're a grown man who plays videogames. (I mean you still shouldn't put it on your dating profile or anything but you know what I mean)

Top Bottom