• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Bomba: Horizon defeats Zelda in UK sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Sony's Horizon Zero Dawn has beaten off competition from Nintendo Switch launch title The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to top the UK physical sales chart for the week ending March 4.*

The latest Zelda title--which also launched on Wii U--is the second-best-selling title of the week, according to sales monitor Chart-Track. Nearly 80 percent of the game's sales came on Nintendo's newly launched Switch device.

Grand Theft Auto V refuses to disappear from the charts at No.3, while another Switch launch title, 1-2-Switch, debuts at No.4. In a strong week for new releases, Ubisoft's medieval brawler For Honor drops to No.5 after holding top spot for both the previous weeks. FIFA 17 is close behind at No.6 and another Switch exclusive, Super Bomberman R, opens at No.7.

1.Horizon Zero Dawn
2.The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3.Grand Theft Auto V
4..1-2-Switch
5.For Honor
6.FIFA 17
7.Super Bomberman R
8.Rocket League
9.Sniper Elite 4
10.Battlefield 1

*chart does not take digital sales into account
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/top-10-uk-sales-chart-horizon-zero-dawn-defeats-ze/1100-6448440/

I guess you can call this, a new Dawn.
The news is real, but please don't take anything about this thread seriously.

Elitist1945

I mean, its a game on a console with 50 million+ owners vs. a console that just came out. Kind of expected. But nice to see two nice games at the top of the charts.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Breaking news: a system with an established base sells more of an expected game than a recently released console! In other news, ice is wet. :p

Platy

SHOCKING that a game with huge instalbase won from one which is in the wiiu and a newly released console.

Also on europe, that people hate everything from nintendo not named Kirby

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I guess you can call this, a new Dawn.
The news is real, but please don't take anything about this thread seriously.

You serious with this disclaimer?

Spoilered too.

Zedox

GTAV is the real winner here. It has to be the highest selling game of all fucking time. ALL FUCKING TIME! Like WTF, Rockstar just pissing streams of wealth every month.

Horizon outselling makes sense. I would be worried if it didn't, honestly.

Plum

Horizon beating Zelda is not a surprise at all and I couldn't really care less.

I am starting to think that people are just buying second and third copies of GTAV for the sake of it now. That game's legs are absolutely ridiculous.

I-hate-u

That's what I was saying back in January. Zelda is not the sales behemoth people it is, it's definitely so much beneath Mario in that regard.

Mory Dunz

tumblr_n0wj61hiNg1slik4to1_400.gif

CrisKre

Zelda is still the better game IMO. With a +40 milli install base this was always going to happen.

That thread title though..

I forgive you for the thread title OP. It was too good to resist.

As for the news, great for Horizon. I suspect this has everything to do with Switch stock supply and PS4's huge install base, but even if it didn't, Horizon looks fantastic. I'll definitely be picking that up at some point later this year, if not immediately after I finish Zelda.

I mean yeah, the most Zelda could have possibly sold (both Switch and Wii U) was less than half of the install base of the PS4 in the U.K.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm surprised to see Bomberman up there. Hopefully Konami takes notice and we get a new high budget Bomberman game. (I like R but it could have been a lot better).

The real thread title should be....how is GTAV still in the top 10?

Yeah, you'd think everyone that wants it would have bought it by now.

HardRojo

That disclaimer doesn't excuse you from a shitty title lol, you know why you did this. Freaking GTA though, how many people have a copy of it by now?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
You mean to tell me a game sold better to a 50+ million customer base than a <1 million customer base?

SHOCKING NEWS indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom