• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD - PS4 was the top selling console of December 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet you ignore the fact that "hardly significant" was still more than the ps4 brothers managed in "the two biggest months of the year."

Ms should have just said....

Xbox had it's best month ever. Since the introduction of the Xbox one S, Xbox has been the number 1 selling console in America.

Nothing wrong with that.

As for WW numbers, I don't think anyone that lives in NPD territory really cares who leads WW. They haven't had any effect here in the USA ever if I look back to the first pong console I had as a kid.

Sounds worse than current one because XB1 didn't win Nov and Dec you know.

LOL, it's common sense....you know there is not even much UHD content yet right? it's a Niche market.

So it's something that helped push choose it, is it really hard to understand?
I'm not supporting the idea that UHD is a big thing(did someone said this in the thread anyway), i'm just don't think UHD means shit.

Is your world no middle ground?

So it's something that helped push choose it, is it really hard to understand?
I'm not supporting the idea that UHD is a big thing(did someone said this in the thread anyway), i'm just don't think UHD means shit.

Is your world no middle ground?

Do you always put words in peoples mouth? I never said it means shit man jesus. It is niche right now, there is barely any content, it's new, and there are not enough 4k TV's and UHD players out there. These are facts, if you want to believe otherwise go ahead. It's not a BIG factor.

Do you always put words in peoples mouth? I never said it means shit man jesus. It is niche right now, there is barely any content, it's new, and there are not enough 4k TV's and UHD players out there. These are facts, if you want to believe otherwise go ahead. It's not a BIG factor.

Why you reply me at first than?
I'm not sure why some people said UHD means shit after this month's XB1 sales.
Not something change everything of course, but i don't see UHD end up means nothing.
The fact is i even said same meaning of "It's not a BIG factor.", so what are you doing?
I even said it's niche too, wait, did you even read my posts before reply?

icespide

Banned
the only way to not get passive aggressively accused of being a fan boy is to never say anything positive or negative about anything

RexNovis

Banned
Announcing that you have been leading in total console sales since your Slim revision came out is not spin it's useful/interesting data that's worthy of a mention. Y'all are pinntibh and laughing at something that was a perfectly reasonable observation to make. Put down your pitchforks for a minute and consider what that data point could mean.

Blablurn

I know people like to laugh about Xbox but I think their comeback was impressive. I certainly didn't expect them to come back so strong. But unfortunately it's US only.

Sony's response should be

"I'm sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over the sound of another one of your exclusives dying."

Its alright....they probrably couldn't hear them anyway over their "whisper quiet"ps4 pros

I think the trend will continue...at least until the switch comes out as people ape shit for anything that doesn't start with a W

Been a good year for sony overall

allan-bh

I know people like to laugh about Xbox but I think their comeback was impressive. I certainly didn't expect them to come back so strong. But unfortunately it's US only.

Xbox brand is strong in US, 360 was a huge success so they cleaned the mess and are doing great, despite PS4 doing even better.

allan-bh

Well, it's less than the PS4, which has no UHD drive. Which is why it is brought up and why we know how irrelevant it really is at the moment.

I don't understand your point. The metric of a feature be relevant or not is how much other console sold?

Xbox One is up YoY, this doesn't mean nothing to you?

Justinh

I don't have anything to say about "ponies" or "bots" ughhh but I wanted to say congrats to both Sony and MS. Sony for selling the most and MS for selling more than last year, I guess.

SqreTDT.jpg

Announcing that you have been leading in total console sales since your Slim revision came out is not spin it's useful/interesting data that's worthy of a mention. Y'all are pinntibh and laughing at something that was a perfectly reasonable observation to make. Put down your pitchforks for a minute and consider what that data point could mean.

No, You still dont get to pick the dates. The xbone S didnt come out 6 months ago. You cant pick when you started winning you have to use the whole year.

So yes we can laugh at the damage control and the spin that MS is doing. No one ever says "for half the year we did this" like MS did. They lost the holidays, where greenberg said was the "real season" and they lost the year. Period. No you dont get to pick what days you win out of the year, thats not how it works.

Dunlop

the only way to not get passive aggressively accused of being a fan boy is to never say anything positive or negative about anything

I currently only have a Pro (I have owned every console this gen)

That said..c'mon

Finding a MS thread here that does not end on a negative slant regardless of the original topic is challenging and frustrating for owners of said console.

On topic, grats to Sony. I have PSN credit to burn so hurry up with your next flash sales

anothertech

I don't understand your point. The metric of a feature be relevant or not is how much other console sold?

Xbox One is up YoY, this doesn't mean nothing to you?
It's more that Xbox having the UHD drive didn't seem to matter in the end sales wise, even with a lower price.

Xbox One up YoY is great. But it's not because of the UHD drive. PS4 sales US and WW proved that I think.

Maximus P

No one ever says "for half the year we did this" like MS did

A lot of companies do actually. The company I work for posts figures quarterly for example.

I don't really see a problem with the Microsoft statement. They put a positive spin on the year, which was all they could do really. It's not like they were just going to come out and say 'we lost'

I'm not sure what some of you expect.

allan-bh

It's more that Xbox having the UHD drive didn't seem to matter in the end sales wise, even with a lower price.

Xbox One up YoY is great. But it's not because of the UHD drive. PS4 sales US and WW proved that I think.

Based on what? How do you know the impact of the UHD Blu-Ray in the purchase of a Xbox One S?

PS4 selling more has nothing to do with UHD being relevant or not.

dlauv

If you're judging the impact of 4K content, I think it would be wiser to compare the X1S directly to the PS4 Pro in sales.

But even after considering UHD, you're dealing with factors for purchase like 4K gaming, price; the X1S' function as an entry point into next-gen gaming like the PS4 Slim; and, the PS4 Pro competing somewhat with the PS4 Slim. I don't think any meaningful conclusion can be made.

A lot of companies do actually. The company I work for posts figures quarterly for example.

I don't really see a problem with the Microsoft statement. They put a positive spin on the year, which was all they could do really. It's not like they were just going to come out and say 'we lost'

But the 6 months they are talking about arnt even quarterly months. We have been saying it all through out this thread its a SPIN. Exactly what you said thats what we are laughing it. Its obviously damage control because the lost the month. Thats why we are laughing. No one said they couldn't do it, we are just find it hilarious that they are always doing it, because lets be honest they are getting stomped.

I wish I knew the number of People who traded in old x1 for the S. Literally every S owner I know owned a X1.

Yeah , it has little to do with UHD drive..not sure why people are trying to play that up,...there is barely any UHD content. I mean there is barely any content, you need a 4k TV, it's common sense, but let people believe what they want. The X1 uptick is because the X1S was a good upgrade from the standard X1, not so for PS4, PS4 was already slim. Market share for UHD is less then 1%, the facts are there.

there's literally no way to come to this conclusion unless its just a guess

Sure, but a pretty safe guess considering the lack of UHD content, market penetration, and 4k TV's..etc....

I expect them to just be content with saying sales were up from last year, which is perfectly acceptable boasting without needing to resort to cherry picking bullshit. The "6-month best seller!" crap not makes them look like sore losers, but hypocrites since Spencer has been adamant about his disdain for console wars stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom