• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2014 [Up3: All Hardware (June/LTD), Top 10 Software SKUs]

driver116

Straight from Sony PR:

• PlayStation 4 was #1 in sales for the sixth consecutive month and remains the cumulative leader for next generation game consoles.
  • PlayStation 4 was #1 for next generation software sales, with PS4 leading two of the top three titles.
  • PlayStation was #1 in combined home console hardware sales (PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3) for the month.
  • The biggest next generation software titles, including Watch_Dogs, UFC and FIFA 14, were #1 on PlayStation 4, further demonstrating that PS4 is the platform of choice for blockbuster games.
The Xbox One is getting annihilated, there's no way around it.

That's killer.

I'm really actually shocked myself. I thought surely with everyone in May holding out till June, then E3 hype and a 5 week month and no major PS4 software surely that would culminate to a victory.

MS has to be in a bit of panic mode now. PS4 has major software hitting pretty much each month except July and December. Price drop didn't do anything and neither did the big launch lineup and Titanfall. Man .... Crazy

Boke1879

PS4 software all outselling XBones again this month. In fact XBone is behind 360 and PS3 in some titles.

This is the biggest takeaway from me. If MS can't convince it's own current base to get an XB1 they are in for a long generation. Also they could be losing their current 360 base to the PS4

nintendo-back-from-the-grave-iwata-coffin-shocked-13884007960.gif
Wii U was still outsold.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The PS3 chalkboard worked because the things on it were being said by a lot of Sony fans. Many things on this chalkboard I have never heard anyone say.

How often do you browse GAF? :)

Silky

Banned
The PS3 chalkboard worked because the things on it were being said by a lot of Sony fans. Many things on this chalkboard I have never heard anyone say.

why doesn't funny haha meme work

What can Xbox even do to try and get ahead of Sony?

Nothing. PS4 will sell more than Xbox One for the entirety of this generation. In the end it has to be this way.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
NTDOY says total sales for 1H of year for Wii U hardware and software increased 48% and 129% respectively, over same period last yr #NPD

This should help clarify, how much did Wii U sell H1 2013?

teiresias

I think the software performance of the XB1 is more worrying than even the hardware sales of the console tbh. I mean the thing can't even sell more software titles than last gen versions in many cases.

Straight from Sony PR:

• PlayStation 4 was #1 in sales for the sixth consecutive month and remains the cumulative leader for next generation game consoles.
  • PlayStation 4 was #1 for next generation software sales, with PS4 leading two of the top three titles.
  • PlayStation was #1 in combined home console hardware sales (PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3) for the month.
  • The biggest next generation software titles, including Watch_Dogs, UFC and FIFA 14, were #1 on PlayStation 4, further demonstrating that PS4 is the platform of choice for blockbuster games.
The Xbox One is getting annihilated, there's no way around it.

Damn. I think its over.

QaaQer

Nice to see smart people buying Wolfenstein.

Truly great level design. Finishing the last level on uber was epic once I tried
beating the first incarnation of mecha-deathhead without picking up any med packs so I could confront second incarnation with 800 health overcharge

It was one of those rare times that I actually felt I beat a game, and it was a game that did not give 2 fucks about frustrating me. You wanna pick the hardest difficulty without beating the game first? Go right ahead mate!

It kind of sucks though because so far Destiny's gunplay seems a bit meh, sure it'll pick up though.

Top Bottom