• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2014 [Up3: All Hardware (June/LTD), Top 10 Software SKUs]

Salex_

Damn. It seems like the friends effect is already in full force. If the gap is near 1 million around the holidays, it's going to start to look like the 360/PS3.

There's a real chance that the Wii U outsold the X1? This thread is going to go wild if that's true.

Let the haters have their moment. The XBO is clearly doing worse than the PS4, but how is it doing overall? I imagine not as bad as internet forums would have some believe.

I think outside of gaming circles it's viewed as doing fine, and at the end of the generation sales wise it'll be a similar split to the PSX gen, where PS4 is by far the most sold, XBO a decent gap away but still respectable in terms of sales and Wii U just scraping by.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
People (more than one) were saying Double down on Kinect, Kinect Sports Rivals, Halo TV series would help the X1 outsell the PS4?

PS3 chalkboard was funny because it was true that a lot believed those things would help the PS3 outsell the 360.

I'll give you those 3, I have certainly seen the rest.

It almost makes me wonder if the "more than double" claim will actually not mathematically work out with NPD numbers. That would be crazy after we have been thinking that the Xbox One sales were at least double last month. What if, at least on NPD, they are not double?

CosmicQueso says it is at least double.

Raist

Banned
Hell yeah good Wii U numbers.

FxAXZIu.png

(via)

But, it's sunny outside.

Percy

Banned
Serious question: Could we really see the Wii U take number 2 this month?

That would be seriously awesome and well deserved! :D

But it's a PNG? :\

lol, at least he managed to not get banned in this NPD thread by lashing out at the nebulous "Sony fan last gen" ;)

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
None of this is surprising, except the Wii U numbers. This will be the standard for the next five years.

TTOOLL

Yes, because that talk didn't exist at all when the Wii was kicking everyone's ass...

The Xbox One was ruined not by tech specs, but by Kinect, anti-consumer decisions, and even worse PR.

Which don't exist anymore. What we have left now are two consoles at the same price but one is technically inferior to the other, as proved many times. This is one of the factors that helps the PS4.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
PS4 is unstoppable. Sold better in Titanfall month, sold better when Xbone went down to $400.

What is even more worse for MS... July, August and September will be firmly in PS4's corner. But MS will have a chance to win November and December [when they inevitably throw ungodly amount of money on marketing and promotions].

Halo is not what is used to be though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can we finally agree that Mario Kart is a system-seller now?

I still think Nintendo comes out with a system that starts below $200 next-gen and revisits the Wiimote instead of a tablet.

Let the haters have their moment. The XBO is clearly doing worse than the PS4, but how is it doing overall? I imagine not as bad as internet forums would have some believe.

It's doing that bad NA is one of the only places where MS got really good sales last gen .
Now PS4 beating it and the rest of the world care even less about X1 compare to 360.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I hope we'll get to know Tomodachi Life's actual retail only sales. I think it did quite well, digital-wise.

Penguin

It will certainly dip in to the holiday.

The major victory for Nintendo, if one had to be identified, is one of better mindshare. They got the system in to homes for once. It definitely won't be long-term, but it showed it can be done with a big enough title. They just need to put forth smaller games between the big ones.

Not having anything between Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors was a stupid huge mistake, though.

I mean technically has Wii Sports Club, though that one is just confusing since marketed it during the fall and if you have the console already had access to the entire game.

About as good a performance for Wii U/MK8 as Nintendo could have reasonably expected.

Of course Nintendo has a big fat zero for July and August to in theory continue momentum..

Maybe they should use that fat marketing budget to keep MK8 in people's minds for the rest of the summer.

Also, good for the WiiU; not a bad number for a half-dead console.
:p

It will certainly dip in to the holiday.

The major victory for Nintendo, if one had to be identified, is one of better mindshare. They got the system in to homes for once. It definitely won't be long-term, but it showed it can be done with a big enough title. They just need to put forth smaller games between the big ones.

Not having anything between Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors was a stupid huge mistake, though.

That's not TECHNICALLY true, next week on the 25th Wii Sports Club is getting a retail release which might have some casual appeal.

Mr Swine

Banned
So is it possible for PS4 to keep selling well like this for at least 3-4 years with multiplats and exclusive games while XB1 continues to sell worse? If PS4 keeps on pulling ahead won't that happen?

Also how much has vita sold this month?

Which don't exist anymore.

Momentum is a thing, you realize? Microsoft lost the mind-share; it's doubtful they can gain it back. Regardless of whether or not the policies have been resolved, the storm that resulted hasn't--and may never--fully clear.

Even if Microsoft's hardware were more powerful, I would put forth it wouldn't matter in the slightest.

Mxrz

Sort of surreal Sony has this gen mostly wrapped up before being a year in. I wonder if its going to feel like last gen didn't happen. Regardless, hopefully Sony doesn't do a 180 on what got them here.

MS - Another price drop. Free live? Those two things would get me to take another look at the xbone. Moreso, maybe look into how Sony turned the PS3 around, try to build up a good first party library. Right now it feels like they're competing with my PC too much.

Holy shit I forgot about GTAV which has a marketing deal with Ps4. Sony really nailed it with the marketing deals for the third party titles this year. Watch Dogs, Destiny and GTAV. Wow.

October could be even more brutal then September as DriveClub drops too

BlackJace

Seriously though, big mistake for Nintendo to have nothing until Hyrule Warriors. The 140k could essentially halve next month...

Six month combo for Sony? Nice, the 10mil milestone soon approaches.

nice to see good numbers for a wacky game like TomoLife.

woot MK8. Last month for the promo too so July NPD should be decent.

Is it weird to think that the McDonald's toys could affect sales, even slightly lol? I realize I'm reaching here but come on, so many kids get Happy Meals! It's like the best advertisement!

Top Bottom