• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2014 [Up4: FFX/X-2 HD]

Do you think we'll get any actual numbers for the PS4 hardware?

It's so weird that we haven't had any solid numbers for either in the past couple of months. What happened?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Wasn't this pretty clear from the start? Sony has a better product, better multiplatforms and better exclusive quality. Also I have a feeling titanfalls major sales are on PC, which should hopefully wake people up.

Melchiah

So, how about that 7 million PS4s sold announcement being pre-emptive damage control? ;)

I wonder how much Titanfall sold on XB1 alone, and was it more than Infamous?

iavanzdjjay9arnxo9.gif

Owzers

It's definitely surprising, i didn't think PS4 had a chance at winning March, though it would win again in April. Xbox One is Titanfall, surely they'd win in March. Have these people seen Titanfall?

As soon as bish posted the bunk, I knew. PS4 won. But I still thought Xbox One was gonna pull it off, so ultimately decided to stick with my original prediction.

This is insane. With no comparable strategy to compete with Sony on the horizon, and Sony's big guns now all starting to come out, there is close to no conceivable way Microsoft can close the gap for almost the rest of the entire year. They'd have to get lucky and hope Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive (as well as a price drop they better implement) can do it for them

Well, there's Halo 2: Anniversary, I guess. FFX HD just charted, so it doesn't make sense to write off an HD remaster, hahaha.

Mortemis

Banned

It's over, period. Microsoft lost their last ace, and that's the end of their Xbox One hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Xbox One. Microsoft has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a Xbox One. Except if they want to play Titanfall. Which will also come to PS4 at some point.

Sony took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to own a Xbox One over a PS4 (except TV SPORTS KINECT LOL GAMING), and the cavalcade of tiny titles that will be nice but won't stir up any sales is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was Xbox One.

There may be some hardcore gamer's that stick around. Some did it for Gamecube. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

The age of Microsoft is done.

These posts. Oh my god.

I'm losing my shit here omfg.

Dysun

Wow I'm surprised, anecdotal but we saw PS4 on top of the Amazon sellers all month but beating out the Bone with a free Titanfall (and discounts in some cases) is quite impressive.

curb

Banned
I'm a PlayStation guy and I'm even surprised that it beat the XB1. I really thought Titanfall would push it to the top. The next question is, what are the XB1 only TF numbers compared to infamous?

Hurley

This thread, it will be legendary.

It's crazy how much momentum Sony has, I really didn't think they would beat MS but fuck, they actually did it.

foamdino

Was not expecting that. With all the hype for titanfall and with all the media backing it, I assumed MS would take March.

Mory Dunz

It's over, period. Microsoft lost their last ace, and that's the end of their Xbox One hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Xbox One. Microsoft has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a Xbox One. Except if they want to play Titanfall. Which will also come to PS4 at some point.

Sony took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to own a Xbox One over a PS4 (except TV SPORTS KINECT LOL GAMING), and the cavalcade of tiny titles that will be nice but won't stir up any sales is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was Xbox One.

There may be some hardcore gamer's that stick around. Some did it for Gamecube. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

The age of Microsoft is done.

Lol.
(Did you have this prepared since yesterday?)

Top Bottom