• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nunes: Court-authorized surveillance of foreign agents picked up Trump talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstripes

Banned
Interpol is simply when organizations like the FBI agree to act in concert with the law enforcement of another nation or international body to tackle an international crime. There is no elite force of globetrotting supercops (as awesome as that would be).

You mean we can't send this guy after Trump?

Z7TgwHU.jpg

Zolo

I don't know if he made the right call. Honestly, it's hard to say because the actual outcome was so shitty in the end. I can't begrudge him for withholding that information but I'm not confident that it was the right thing to do.

Unfortunately, I think the best thing here is to accept it was a tough call and move on with what's currently going on. Hopefully, president Trump can be a painful lesson in the future as well as helping to highlight issues that need to be solved going forward (post Trump-presidency).

theWB27

Unfortunately, I think the best thing here is to accept it was a tough call and move on with what's currently going on. Hopefully, president Trump can be a painful lesson in the future as well as helping to highlight issues that need to be solved going forward (post Trump-presidency).

And that issue is having an agency specifically made to put these politicians in check when shit like what nunez is doing happens.

These dudes, as it stands, have none.

Zolo

And that issue is having an agency specifically made to put these politicians in check when shit like what nunez is doing happens.

These dudes, as it stands, have none.

I can't imagine getting something like that to pass even with a democratic majority. I guess right after a Trump presidency (if Democratic) would be the time to attempt it though.

If good evidence comes out and Trump is impeached, the political climate in the country will shift dramatically. It's hard to even predict but it can't go worse than the low we find ourselves in now.

ZOONAMI

Kind of misleading title, they just make the link to Kalugin.

Yeah it is a big nothing.

Ummm, did you guys read the article?

It sounds like to me the CIA is completely dropping the ball on this whole thing.

In addition, even if there's a bit of op-ed going on, the BBC is pretty much saying the shit is slowly hitting the fan.

^^^^yep

Clapper's comments make a whole lot more sense now.

This seems thread worthy imo.

pigeon

Banned
One of the biggest deals in the BBC article is that it explains something that never made sense before -- we knew that Russia hacked into several state voter rolls, but it wasn't clear why they would bother since they didn't hack them during Election Day or change anybody's vote.

If they hacked them for data to use for microtargeting, that actually makes sense. It also seems kind of banal and unnecessary, to be honest, but at least it explains why those hacks were happening.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Several current American officials identified the White House officials as Ezra Cohen-Watnick, the senior director for intelligence at the National Security Council, and Michael Ellis, a lawyer who works on national security issues at the White House Counsel’s Office and formerly worked on the staff of the House Intelligence Committee.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

If this is corroborated at all, I can't see how he stays Chairman.

I mean, look at this shit.

Several current American officials identified the White House officials as Ezra Cohen-Watnick, the senior director for intelligence at the National Security Council, and Michael Ellis, a lawyer who works on national security issues at the White House Counsel's Office and formerly worked on the staff of the House Intelligence Committee.

Mr. Cohen-Watnick is a former Defense Intelligence Agency official who was originally brought to the White House by Michael T. Flynn, the former national security adviser.

CHC

This has gone so, so far past what should have been the finish line for Nunes. Jesus fucking God almighty somebody hit the brakes on this shit already.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Paul Ryan needs to be called out too seeing as Nunes met with Ryan too. Ryan himself states he never asked Nunes to meet with Trump but hes now linked to this unclear, better getting clearer, situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom