• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia GTX 6xx/7xx Launch Thread of Swirling Kepler Rumors

Ah my old thread! You have returned to me.

I am hoping to have Kepler in my hands within the next 3 weeks if Nvidia is truly launching this month. Hopefully it's faster than my 2.5 GB GTX 570 @ 960/2300. If the GK104 OCs to 1.2-1.3 Ghz with 6-7 Ghz RAM OC's, I think it'll be an amazing card for $400 or less. We'll see what they have to offer.

HyperionX

I wonder how close we are to launch. Getting some new rumors on the intarwebs:

The final specifications of NVIDIA’s Upcoming Kepler GK104 based GeForce GTX680 graphics card have been leaked at VR-Zone (Chinese). The site reports that Nvidia will launch a 28nm product based on the GK104 chip on 12th March and would be available globally on March 23rd.

The specifications were acquired from a very reliable source which suggests that the GK104 would hold a total of 1536 Stream Processors, Core clock would be set at 705Mhz and Processor clock at 1411Mhz. Memory would consist of 2GB GDDR5 (256-bit) buffer clocked at 3004MHz (6.0Ghz Effective Dual Data Rate).

If my math is correct, that's 192 GB/s memory and ~2.167 TFLOPs.

artist

Banned
Some news?

New AMD cards in reviewers hands...drivers?
AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition & Radeon HD 7850 Review: Rounding Out Southern Islands

Nvidia launch next week...on paper.

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/03/05/nvidia-will-launch-gk104keplergtx680-in-a-week/

It appears AMD really fucked with Nvidia 6XX series launch. Meanwhile I'm sitting here with a single GPU GTX295 waiting for something to happen...sucks.
Posted here, here and here.

I wonder how close we are to launch. Getting some new rumors on the intarwebs:

If my math is correct, that's 192 GB/s memory and ~2.167 TFLOPs.
Old news, posted here, here and here.

Fixed1979

Posted here, here and here.

Old news, posted here, here and here.

Can't open links at work but they're news to this thread. Unless theirs another launch thread which was created before this one...

I suppose I shouldn't have asked the question if I didn't really want to know the answer though =P

I'm sure the AMD story was posted in the AMD thread but I'm confident that the AMD announcement coincides with Nvidia wanted to do a paper launch when I go the impression they weren't going to do one for these.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Just to clarify, is the 680 their most powerful card in this new line?

Fixed1979

GK110 make me say no. Dual chip Kepler card also make me say that (isamu hasn't said anything about single GPU). It also depends on what "line" we're talking about.

I have no idea what we'll see the GK110 named as or when we'll see it. I think there's just to many unknowns to simply say "no"...although you could possibly be right.

dr_rus

I have no idea what we'll see the GK110 named as or when we'll see it. I think there's just to many unknowns to simply say "no"...although you could possibly be right.
Well, I'm talking about "Kepler line" here in which a GK104 based card certainly won't be the fastest. It doesn't matter how they'll name GK110 based cards to me.

Top Bottom