• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia is working with automakers Hyundai, Polestar, and BYD to bring GeForce Now game streaming to cars.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/3/2...rs-hyundai-polestar-byd-partnerships-ces-2023
Nvidia is working with automakers to make its cloud gaming service GeForce Now available in cars. Although there are no details on when the service will be available and in which vehicles, Nvidia announced at CES that it’s partnering with South Korean giant Hyundai, Swedish-Chinese premium EV maker Polestar, and Chinese EV maker BYD.
In a press release, Nvidia said GeForce Now will be able to “stream a real-time, full PC-gaming experience ... to software-defined cars.” The company said the gaming service can “enhance time spent charging or riding in vehicles, as it enables front-seat occupants to stream games while parked, and passengers to game in the back seat if screens are available.”
A promo video from Nvidia shows passengers and (parked) drivers plugging in game controllers to their in-car entertainment systems and choosing titles from GeForce Now’s library of more than 1,000 controller-enabled games. These include AAA titles like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077 as well as free-to-play games like Fortnite. (A full list of GeForce Now titles can be found here.) Nvidia says the GeForce Now client will run in cars either via Android-based infotainment systems or built-in web browsers but offered no further details on what technical specs might be required for access.

Infomercial trailer

Between the Sony and Honda PS5 joint partnership, the Tesla apps, the Toyota thing, and now this there's a rush to grab a market I'm not entirely sure is even there. I mean, at best I can see this somewhat having an audience for self-driving cars but I also am not sure that's going to get anywhere either.

In this case, the audience isn't self-driving but regular cars. The infomercial showcases situations unlikely to happen like a soccer mom ignoring her daughter knocking on the window to play rocket league. I feel like these companies are trying to convince themselves to invest in these experiments at times when they do this stuff rofl

Fredrik

I get so nervous when I see this. And not just because I own stocks. At least keep it away from the driver seat!

Instead of driving your car, play GT7…in your car!

Better your skills via simulation so you can ignore using them in the real-life.

Top Bottom