• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA now offers one-day rentals of GeForce RTX 4080 rigs for $8 via GeForce NOW

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Gamers can now seize the day with Day Passes, available to purchase for 24-hour continuous access to powerful cloud gaming with all the benefits of a GeForce NOW Ultimate or Priority membership — no commitment required.

Ultimate Day Pass users can stream at either 4K 120 fps, up to 240 fps, or with ultrawide resolutions. Plus, they can get all the same benefits as gamers using NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs, with access to NVIDIA DLSS 3 and NVIDIA Reflex technologies for the smoothest gameplay and lowest latency, even on underpowered devices. Both Ultimate and Priority Day Pass users can turn RTX ON in supported games for immersive, cinematic gameplay.

The Ultimate Day Pass is available for $7.99 and the Priority Day Pass for $3.99. Twenty-four hours of continuous play begins at purchase. Day Passes are available in limited quantities each day, so grab one before the opportunity passes.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This might have some uses that just aren’t occurring to me… but seems really dumb for gaming. At least at that price, seems prohibitive for the type of consumer that would have any interest.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
No thx, i sometimes get Ultimate tier for 30 days, and end up playing witcher 3 and cyberpunk there again, because the game selection is so poor.

Kuranghi

When you use this is it basically the same as if I was playing the game locally on my PC? So I can change all the settings and customise it more for image quality or more for frame rate is what I'm wondering?

I don't have a use for anything above 60hz because of the display I'm using so I'd rather reconfigure the settings to give more image quality if possible.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I actually see this is a good option.

Let's say you're stuck somewhere that (somehow) has good internet, but wanted to play some games. Pay $8 and this could be an option.

It's not a great deal, but as a 1 time use thing....I've seen worse.

Last edited:
No Way Kg GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Meicyn

Gold Member
Makes me think of cyber cafes on the other side of the pacific. I can see this kind of service really taking off out there. Don’t even need to leave the apartment.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
The difference between $4 and $10, or between $8 and $20, is not that much. But the difference between 1 day and 30 days is pretty significant. This seems like a way for people to throw away money.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The difference between $4 and $10, or between $8 and $20, is not that much. But the difference between 1 day and 30 days is pretty significant. This seems like a way for people to throw away money.
Nah. It’s for someone who wants to try the service and was not optimistic, or someone who didn’t plan to be somewhere with free time and only needs a day of gaming.

It serves a purpose.

Did they add game pass pc library to the line up?

SScorpio

Agreed, if you only need it for a single day. Then it's nice to save a little. But I'm really not sure.

I guess I could see the $4 pass if you have limited time and need to jump in but can't wait in line for the free tier. GeForce Now is still really impressive for what it is. $200/year to game on a 4080 system which gets upgraded as new hardware is released. It's much cheaper than buying and maintaining a gaming PC.

Polelock

8$ per day ?
They need fucking reality check !!!
It isn't terrible when you think about it. A top tier pc runs about 2500. If I can game on weekends, that 16 a week, that come out to 832 a year. If your are a parent and limited funds, you can have a bad ass system for 60+ dollars a month. I think its a great idea. That said, I love having my own equipment but I can definitely see the benefits for it.

I'll trade ya 8 bucks for that 4080 and give ya my RTX 4070 that I get to use whenever I want.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Subscription for anything is stupid and society is stupid. It is pure math but people are dumb.
I mean I can see subscriptions for certain things being useful but once software developers figured out how to keep revenue coming without real competition and enticing new customers by locking people in it went stupid. I happily paid for the yearly versions of You Need a Budget but the moment they went subscription I was totally out and just made a monthly budget with an Excel spreadsheet.

GHG

Oh look, daily tarrifs. Next they will be hourly.

Anyone who pays for this service in this way needs their head examined.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
If it had enough RAM and they let you directly access via CUDA etc... that could be a pretty price for machine learning tasks. I've typically paid close to $1 per hour for decent cloud GPUs. But I doubt they're targeting that use.

Top Bottom