• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA launches GeForce RTX 40 SUPER series starting January 27: $999 RTX 4080S, $799 RTX 4070 TiS and $599 RTX 4070S

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
In my view, it is remarkable how very wrong you all are. Praising this shit company and paying more for less than it should be at that price.
Of course it's fast. You know how much it costs and how much power it draws? BUT MAN IT'S A BEAST.
Sometimes I feel like the only sane person here.
Pc gpu market is not in a good state. It's sickening where it got too. And dude, I have a 3080 and I even have my first 3dfx still. I was there playing unreal and glide half-life in 1998. I KNOW.

I could go and get 4090 tomorrow. Of course I could. But I would feel like an idiot honestly. You can play 95% the same looking game on console or much cheaper gpu
My guy… you good?

DaGwaphics

The overall lineup would still look better if they let go of that overpriced 16GB 4060ti and moved the standard 4070 on down to $500.

For Nvidia die-hards, the 4070ti seems like the most interesting one. The cheapest way to get a decent amount of VRAM (on a card capable of making use of it).

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
yeah. I am just annoyed you all eat that nvidia crap up and thank them for it.
GOD THANK YOU FOR 4090 ITS SUCH A BEAST !!! ... ehh nevermind. I will probably end up buying it myself and so on....
edit: Don't get offended. I am that pc fool myself. I just don't like the direction it's heading.
Hah, I’m with you. I have a 3080 I got for $699 in 2020. Amazing card. I’d personally never consider paying more than a grand for a GPU (though it looks like the times, they are-a changin). I was just commenting about how much of a beast (in terms of performance, brute force, size, price, wattage, etc) the 4090 still is. I’m not saying it’s worth the price, or that it’s not worth the price. Just kind of wild how much of a gap there is between the 4090 and the next highest card. No wankery from me, but I’m also really happy for people who have the money to spare and get to enjoy their beefy GPUs 👏

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Hah, I’m with you. I have a 3080 I got for $699 in 2020. Amazing card. I’d personally never consider paying more than a grand for a GPU (though it looks like the times, they are-a changin). I was just commenting about how much of a beast (in terms of performance, brute force, size, price, wattage, etc) the 4090 still is. I’m not saying it’s worth the price, or that it’s not worth the price. Just kind of wild how much of a gap there is between the 4090 and the next highest card. No wankery from me, but I’m also really happy for people who have the money to spare and get to enjoy their beefy GPUs 👏
Yeah I am angry because whilem 700$ was an okish deal for 3080fe (which I had to hunt for a week with alerts and bots for a week of release), I still got scammed with it's perfectly planned 10gb of vram limit.
I am salty

Dacvak

Yeah I am angry because whilem 700$ was an okish deal for 3080fe (which I had to hunt for a week with alerts and bots for a week of release), I still got scammed with it's perfectly planned 10gb of vram limit.
I am salty
Yeah, I’ve been feeling that 10gb squeeze lately… I hope more games start utilizing Direct Storage and intelligent asset streaming. There’s actually no reason why 10gb shouldn’t be enough VRAM, we just need better dev implementations.

Senua

But yeah, it’s a very good card, priced accordingly.
Season 5 Donna GIF by Parks and Recreation

amigastar

These games will support DLSS 3 and Frame Generation in the near future.
  • Pax Dei
  • Tekken 8
  • Starminer
  • Layers of Fear
  • Dagon's Dogma 2
  • THRONE AND LIBERTY
  • NAKWON: LAST PARADISE
  • Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
  • Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Gray Zone Warfare
  • Half-Life 2 RTX
  • Enshrouded
  • Diablo 4

StereoVsn

EU Price:

GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER - 1.109 €

RTX 4070 Ti SUPER - 889 €

RTX 4070 SUPER - 659 €

So the 4080 Super will be about 80€ cheaper than the cheapest 4080.

Sarcastic Harry Potter GIF by Hyper RPG
How much is 4080 with VAT now days? In US its $1200-1300 PLUS tax currently, and can be up to $1,500 if you get some dumb "overclocked" or water cooled version.

samoilaaa

In my view, it is remarkable how very wrong you all are. Praising this shit company and paying more for less than it should be at that price.
Of course it's fast. You know how much it costs and how much power it draws? BUT MAN IT'S A BEAST.
Sometimes I feel like the only sane person here.
Pc gpu market is not in a good state. It's sickening where it got too. And dude, I have a 3080 and I even have my first 3dfx still. I was there playing unreal and glide half-life in 1998. I KNOW.

I could go and get 4090 tomorrow. Of course I could. But I would feel like an idiot honestly. You can play 95% the same looking game on console or much cheaper gpu
some people want to play games like cyberpunk with path tracing and high fps , consoles cant do that

yeah. I am just annoyed you all eat that nvidia crap up and thank them for it.
GOD THANK YOU FOR 4090 ITS SUCH A BEAST !!! ... ehh nevermind. I will probably end up buying it myself and so on....
edit: Don't get offended. I am that pc fool myself. I just don't like the direction it's heading.
4090 is basically a $2000 gpu.
pre-covid, that was a full PC upgrade budget.

so im with you.
mindlessly eating nvidia's dirty slop isnt the way.

twilo99

"Nevertheless, NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER is to feature 10240 CUDA cores, 16GB GDDR6X memory (23Gbps) and TGP (Total Graphics Power) of 320W. But NVIDIA claims that this model will actually require only around 246W when playing and 15W when idle."

I like that a lot...

kiphalfton

My guy… you good?

He's not wrong though...

Same shit as apple intentionally including only 256GB storage and 8GB of RAM in the base macbook, which people will still defend.

Doesn't really matter what the reason is. They can do whatever the fuck they want and I think people are sick of it. Unfortunately there's not really any better alternatives.

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Yeah this whole gen is dissappointing. I bought a 2070 super in 2019 for like 399€, still use it today. Nvidia fucked everyone with X2 prices, I'm gaming on PC since the 90's, got a vodoo 3DFX with my first PC... Now I'm very salty.

kiphalfton

I am salty
Yeah, I’ve been feeling that 10gb squeeze lately… I hope more games start utilizing Direct Storage and intelligent asset streaming. There’s actually no reason why 10gb shouldn’t be enough VRAM, we just need better dev implementations.

Stupid fucking planned obsolescence.

Meanwhile did you see how gleeful those people were with the modified RTX 3070's or whatever that had 16GB of VRAM. Yeah...

Last edited:

sendit

These naming variants are stupid. Just drop the price of the current cards. They don't bring in a new level of performance. The 4090 is still the top GPU.

Last edited:

MikeM

I am salty
Bruh- join the church of AMD where the vram is plentiful.

Come Let Me Love You GIF

These naming variants are stupid. Just drop the price of the current cards.

They are saving some amount of money in cost by making a new spec. At least for the 4070 and Ti Super.

4070 Super - less cores than 4070 Ti
4070 Ti Super - less cores than 4080, slower memory

The 4080 Super does have more cores and slightly faster memory (and the $200 price cut) but the performance gain shouldn't be much.

Last edited:

sendit

They are saving some amount of money in cost by making a new spec. At least for the 4070 and Ti Super.

4070 Super - less cores than 4070 Ti
4070 Ti Super - less cores than 4080, slower memory

The 4080 Super does have more cores and slightly faster memory (and the $200 price cut) but the performance gain shouldn't be much.
Pointless gains, with increased consumer confusion.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I really wish AMD were a serious competitor in terms of market share. nVidia do whatever they damn well please and the uber graphics whores are bending over and taking everything with enthusiasm.

Ozriel

M$FT
Yeah this whole gen is dissappointing. I bought a 2070 super in 2019 for like 399€, still use it today. Nvidia fucked everyone with X2 prices, I'm gaming on PC since the 90's, got a vodoo 3DFX with my first PC... Now I'm very salty.

To be fair, the 2070 Super launched at an MSRP of $499. At $599, it’s not exactly an astronomical price bump for the 4070S. Pretty much every flagship phone has been bumped up $100 since 2019 , for example.

Top Bottom