• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia Launches GTX 980 And GTX 970 "Maxwell" Graphics Cards ($549 & $329)

I can't say I'm not a bit disappointed as I was really hoping the 980 would be worth upgrade to my current 780. That said that 970 is definitely attractive and will be replacing my 660 ti in my HTPC / Steam Machine

Was there a mention when these are going on sale in 2015?.

Can someone explain some detail to me? All these articles mention these cards are launching...now? But when will they actually be on sale?

So this whole MFAA thing. Does it have to be supported by the game or is it something I can turn on in the nvidia control panel and never worry about again?

jabuseika

So is the 970 about on par with a 780 then?

jERW5h9.gif

Need to see how the $329 version attacks up against my current 770. Should probably sit this round out though.

Yeah I'm in the exact same position. $320 is actually cheaper than I thought. I was thinking of SLI'ing, but I think I should wait it out another year

The 970 is the only high end card that matters, honestly.

If you were shopping from anywhere between $250-$500 then the 970 is the only choice. Finally, a high end card at a mainstream price point that I can recommend without qualification.

My 560 Ti 448 has a worthy successor.

Not to mention the price per performance. You can pick up two 970's and come in just over $600. That's crazy. If I don't end up blowing all my money for PAX East 2015, I know what I'll be doing.

On second thought I better start dumping stuff now, I already see the gears turning. Seeya Destiny CE!

Mupod

I was dead set on the 980 but that price/performance on the 970 is pretty awesome. Depends on Canadian pricing and whether we see some factory OC cards at launch I guess. I could definitely do SLI if I wanted to.

The 970's looking like a real winner from the reviews I've seen. I would totally pounce on this if my card was a generation or two older.

Kuro

If the 970 can run The Witcher 3 at 60fps 1080p maxed out then that card is mine. My 5770 is killing me.

iavi

2 970s for a bit more than a single 980 seem like a MUCH better proposition than a single 980, even with usual SLI annoyances taken into account.

Bout to crush TW3

Mupod

2 970s for a bit more than a single 980 seem like a MUCH better proposition than a single 980, even with usual SLI annoyances taken into account.

I get the feeling that finding one 970 is going to be tough near launch, let alone two.

Top Bottom