• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

rofif

Banned
Yes 4k will look better because its 4k. People including me doesn’t care about it because it isn’t worth the performance sacrifice

With the new cards people might consider 4k. But 8k on barely 30fps? Nah.
I agree... 8k is why

regawdless

Banned
Sounds like he's bullshitting you.

Don't think so. It's a small shop and even the bigger ones where I've ordered all say that they have no idea when the next supply will come in and how much it'll be. Five delivery dates for October from my orders have all been changed to unknown. Something happened to the supply chain in Germany. Some stores have informed me that the stock has been delayed.

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
RTX 3070 vs 2080 Ti vs 2070 (Across a variety of ray-traced and rasterized DirectX and Vulkan titles)

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3070-Performance-Metrics.png

rofif

Banned
Brilliant! Starting to wonder if I'll ever get one of these, I'm always an hour behind.
You can get one... it's a slim chance but monitor discord and have distill or other apps monitor the product page. If You are not there first 20 seconds, it's done.
And have the autofill ready... or wait a month or two probably

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Production of GeForce RTX 3070 graphics cards are ramping quickly. We’ve heard from many of you that there should be more cards available on launch day. To help make that happen, we are updating the availability date to Thursday, October 29th.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Got my 3090!

Setting 4:4:4 Chroma really messes with the colors on my Samsung, had to go over all my picture/color settings and disable PC mode to "fix" it. o_O

Shit, they still haven't fixed this?

Are you running DP to HDMI or just using a HDMI cable?

Ulysses 31

Shit, they still haven't fixed this?

Are you running DP to HDMI or just using a HDMI cable?
LG fixed something with 4:4:4, haven't tested with CX yet. Using HDMI 2.1 cable.

Edit: Enabling G-sync gives screen flickers ever 10 sec orso on LG CX. This is supposed to be fixed in a future firmware I think.

Cheers, matey. What kind of PSU do you have?
Corsair AW1600i

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Jezbollah

Question for you guys. Appreciate this is a looking-through-a-crystall-ball thing here.

I'm planning on upgrading from a i7 7700k/Asus Strix 1080ti to a Ryzen 5900x/Asus Strix 3080. I'm currently running a Seasonic 760w PSU.

Does anyone think that the PSU can handle that combo or is it worth getting a new one, and to what power rating?

Cheers :)

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Curious, why buy a new PSU when the one you have is more than sufficient for 3090?

1. i7-5820k : 140 watts
2. Cooler Master ARGB Fans x 11 : 110 watts
3. Western Digital HDDs x 3 : 15 watts
4. Samsung 500GB SSD : 2 watts
5. Sabrent NVME SSD : 1 watt
6. 8 x 4GB DDR4 2400MHz : 12 watts
7. PNY RTX 3090 : 368 watts

Total: 648 watts

(648 watts / 850 watts)*100 = 76.2%

I want more head room, just in case I want to overclock my CPU or get a new CPU and corresponding RAM that have higher TDPs.

pawel86ck

Banned
Question for you guys. Appreciate this is a looking-through-a-crystall-ball thing here.

I'm planning on upgrading from a i7 7700k/Asus Strix 1080ti to a Ryzen 5900x/Asus Strix 3080. I'm currently running a Seasonic 760w PSU.

Does anyone think that the PSU can handle that combo or is it worth getting a new one, and to what power rating?

Are you sure you want to upgrade your CPU? 7700K isn't bottlenecking RTX3080 at higher resolutions according to hardwarecanucks.

Last edited:

Jezbollah

Are you sure you want to upgrade your CPU? 7700K isn't bottlenecking RTX3080 at higher resolutions according to hardwarecanucks.

Yeah it appeals to me because I need to get more threads for my work (I work with a bunch of virtual machines, so I'd love to be able to allocate more vCPUs to them). Ryzen has certainly been on my wishlist for this alone.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Congratulations Uly!

Most samungs only display 4:4:4 in PC mode, if you disable it the native TV processor switches to 4:2:2 in other modes (even if you are sending it 4.4:4). I’m not sure what set you have, but it was that was as of 2019

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Most samungs only display 4:4:4 in PC mode, if you disable it the native TV processor switches to 4:2:2 in other modes (even if you are sending it 4.4:4). I’m not sure what set you have, but it was that was as of 2019
I could select 4:4:4 but it would switch to 4:2:2 on my 2080TI regardless of PC mode, now it stays 4:4:4 even outside PC mode. This is on a Q950TS.

Last edited:

That PSU should be more than enough, I was running my ASUS TUF RTX 3080 with the same CPU as yours powered by an ANTEC NEO 650w and it seemed to work just fine, anyways I upgraded the PSU for a Corsair RM850i since the ANTEC is 12 years old or so, so it was time for an upgrade, but it never failed me

kiphalfton

You can get one... it's a slim chance but monitor discord and have distill or other apps monitor the product page. If You are not there first 20 seconds, it's done.
And have the autofill ready... or wait a month or two probably

What discord specifically?

Nvidia store released some 3080Fe, and it is OOS once i click in, how can i grab one??

What in the actual fuck. I have been sitting at my computer, and didn't get any sort of ping from distill.io.

And notification from Newegg keeps going off for the Asus tuf... But there's never any stock.

Last edited:

Nydus

I also have a 7700k and the video gives me hope. There are some games with 60fps difference at 1440p but maybe the little bastard can hold out a little longer.

Jayjayhd34

So yeah been in hosptial on section 2 28 days minimum really gutted still haven't even canceled my order its so hard to charge my phone in this place

benno

I've messed up bigtime. Owned 2080Ti. Sold it on ebay for buttons on 3090 announcement. Had a pre-order for a EVGA 3090 xc3 Ultra which got delayed until after the 9th Oct. Found store which had stock of MSI 3090 and stated next day delivery. Ordered MSI but realised that I'd be going over my allowed overdraft. Panic cancelled EVGA pre-order to stop overdraft and sat around all day waiting for MSI to arrive. It didn't. Received a "your order has been cancelled" email on the MSI.

Just purchased 1000w PSU and XL case to fit 3090 in. What a waste. Back to square one.

Thinking about just getting SLI 2080Ti's off ebay while they're going cheap.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
The 3070 has great performance for $499. It's too bad they pushed back the release date to the 29th. At least we'll have an opportunity to see RDNA 2 before ordering, and we should have some leaks showing it's performance a few days in advance of either.

It's apparent that it's best to hold onto my 2060S until I have a new card in hand. It would still handle Cyberpunk just fine with DLSS support. I hope it's easier to get than the 3080 and 3090 have been. It's GA104, so a smaller chip. Maybe they'll have better yields and stock on hand this time around.

J3nga

I've messed up bigtime. Owned 2080Ti. Sold it on ebay for buttons on 3090 announcement. Had a pre-order for a EVGA 3090 xc3 Ultra which got delayed until after the 9th Oct. Found store which had stock of MSI 3090 and stated next day delivery. Ordered MSI but realised that I'd be going over my allowed overdraft. Panic cancelled EVGA pre-order to stop overdraft and sat around all day waiting for MSI to arrive. It didn't. Received a "your order has been cancelled" email on the MSI.

Just purchased 1000w PSU and XL case to fit 3090 in. What a waste. Back to square one.

Thinking about just getting SLI 2080Ti's off ebay while they're going cheap.
Don't do it, just wait for 3090. SLI support sucks nowadays. Overall, people lose their shit over GPU's and start doing irrational things, don't do stupid things people, it's just a bloody GPU.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sad news. Not that it matters anyways, since it probably would have been the most difficult of the 3 to get since it's the cheapest.
It will be fascinating to see how this cat and mouse game plays out now that the 3070 launch window is so close to AMD's announcements.

benno

Don't do it, just wait for 3090. SLI support sucks nowadays. Overall, people lose their shit over GPU's and start doing irrational things, don't do stupid things people, it's just a bloody GPU.

I don't have a GPU at the minute. I'm getting by with a GT1030.

The last time I had SLI it was with a pair of 970s , and it was great. It can't have gone that bad?

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
Overclockers sent mails with your place in queue, I'm in the high 1300s for my chosen model lol

Wonder how many they receive per week, guess I'm about to know

J3nga

I don't have a GPU at the minute. I'm getting by with a GT1030.

The last time I had SLI it was with a pair of 970s , and it was great. It can't have gone that bad?
Yes, it can and that's preciselly what happened since 970 came out, single gpu's have become more and more capable of handling higher resolutions. Right now support varies from super low to non-existent. Get rx 5700xt or 2060s/2070s from aftermarket if it's priced well and you absolutely totally unavoidable need it, but getting dual 2080ti's right now is meme. Just resist this idea, wait a little and you'll thank me later.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
What discord specifically?

What in the actual fuck. I have been sitting at my computer, and didn't get any sort of ping from distill.io.

And notification from Newegg keeps going off for the Asus tuf... But there's never any stock.
official nvidia discord. There is a separate stock thread

kiphalfton

It will be fascinating to see how this cat and mouse game plays out now that the 3070 launch window is so close to AMD's announcements.

I think if it were just end users buying whatever graphics card for retail price, there would be no problem getting whatever you wanted (since there will be 4-5 different graphics cards on the market by the end of the month). Even with nvidia's apparent stock issues. However, I'm guessing scalpers will just buy up whatever AMD stock is listed too...

Top Bottom