• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX will launch in March 2017 globally, won't be at E3 (focusing on Zelda instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they don't want to launch too early with no games like they did lately. Still sucks to know the NX codename but anything more.

giphy.gif

The next year is going to be insane.

Neoxon

So:
* Those rumors that NX will absolutely be launched at the end of this year are false.
* The rumors/speculations that Zelda will be a simultaneous released title on NX and Wii U are false.
* The statement from Iwata that the NX was hinted too soon was true.

Meaning that:
* The rumors that Paper Mario and Zelda are the last major Wii U games might as likely be false at this point.
* The statement that Kimishima made regarding the want to release a Mario Maker/Splatoon kind of title for the Wii U for the upcoming financial year might be true.
That rumor was proven true.

sounds like they will do a full unveil at an event like Sony did with the PS4

from Nikkei:

source
Sounds like it.

Malcolm9

Great move personally, they avoid the potential head to head with the souped up PS4k and Xbox 1.5 as well as having a nice bit of breathing room for people to get interested/purchase the console, whilst building up for a big holiday 2017.

I would imagine all their focus now is getting plenty of big hitter games ready for mid to late next year to.

Anyway Nintendo are happy to do their own thing which I like, they don't have to be smashing records to be relevant.

Mrbob

Whelp not even sure why Nintendo is showing up for E3.

Only thing to care about is Zelda but that is hard to care when it isn't out until 2017.

Nintendo has like zero for this Holiday.

GenG3000

Nintendo will probably announce more games for 3DS and Wii U with fall/Holidays release dates.

It's always the same thing.

hughesta

Banned
This thread will be over 50 pages of doom when I wake up. So tired of the content pessimism from everything related to Nintendo.

Drencrom

Holy shit Huber won the bet against Bossman. 10 minute stand up here we come!

Also NX could be the "next" Wii U in terms of 3rd party support because Xbox Two and PS5 will come like 1-2 years after that.Will Xbox definitely sooner than later.

The best thing to come out of this really lol

Richie

sounds like they will do a full unveil at an event like Sony did with the PS4

from Nikkei:

source

Feels dumb to do that, create hype then release it until March...Suppose they do this in December. "Hey y'all calm down that holiday shopping hype, this won't be in stores until next year lol"

NX launching in spring 2017, fine, that's not a big deal, it's just a few extra months. As long as I have games to play, the platform I play them on doesn't matter.

Oh, but Zelda is also delayed to 2017? So much for games to play in the meantime... But it's fine, I can wait, there are still a few releases this year that I'm interested in.

But no NX at E3? Literally no excuses. What a horrible idea.

chrono01

I can kind of understand NX not releasing in 2016 (although they'd be missing the prime launch window for new hardware, especially with Sony/Microsoft doing theirs), as Nintendo have always kind of did their own thing. But to not show a single thing of the NX...at all...during this E3? Like, what reason do people have, aside from the Nintendo exclusives that we may/may not get on the NX, to wait until March before they purchase their new hardware? Are we just supposed to trust Nintendo and pass on the other two? Granted, I've always been of the mind-set to purchase two _next-gen" consoles, Nintendo for their exclusives and another for their first/third-party titles (my preference goes to Sony on that one), but not everyone is like me. Some people purchase one console and that's it, and if Sony and Microsoft release their hardware before the public learn anything substantial about the NX...

Ugh, I'm just confused. How can Nintendo think this is a good idea? In addition to this, the delay the only Wii U title that a large majority of the player-base are clamoring for (and I mean, the only one). Okay, Color Splash might be fun, but it doesn't exactly have the broad appeal a Zelda title does.

So disappointed. I don't know what Nintendo will even bother showing at their E3 this year, aside from Zelda. Unless they have some amazing secrets hidden somewhere, but even then, the outlook for the NX is looking bleak. :/

Sounds like they don't want to launch too early with no games like they did lately. Still sucks to know the NX codename but anything more.

You'd think after what that Emily Rogers said there will plenty of software for the NX, so why not keep Zelda a holiday release for Wii U? Unless Emily was talking nonsense and there really aren't a whole of awesome games in development and they are counting bigtime on Zelda.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
So are they even going to bother with an E3 Direct this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom