• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NXGamer] Jedi Fallen Order PS5, Xbox Series X | S Next Gen Update Performance & Graphics Analysis

PuffyCan

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

It's a decent upgrade but I was expecting a little bit more from it. Still nice to see that they managed to fix the peformance on the XSS.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
What’s with the “ only “ wording on the resolutions? Seems like he is just trying to start something.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X both run at 1440p in Performance Mode and 2160p in Fidelity's Mode. He believes there may be DRS enabled but he hasn't found any drops below 1440p.

Xbox Series S runs at 1080p but it drip to as low as 720p

Loading is faster on the PS5. Xbox Series X|S load about 1 second slower in which he believes its due to higher quality assets.

Performance seem mostly stable on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, but PlayStation 5 seems to be more stable. Xbox Series S has the least stable frame-rate. Part of the issues may be related to streaming issues while in battle on Xbox Series X|S.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
1440p is what I played it on my 2080 IIRC so this makes more sense than the bizarre 1200p BC patches.

The game looks wonderful. I would highly recommend it to fans of all genres. it's got a bit of souls, a bit of metroid, some uncharted esque setpieces, great Jedi combat which feels original and some of the best frostbite visuals ever.

It's easily the best star wars game of the last 15 or so years.

Duchess

Best star wars outside of the original 3.
Personally, I consider Rogue One to be the second best Star Wars film, right after The Empire Strikes Back. The closing 30 minutes of Rogue One are absolutely incredible and exactly what Star Wars should be.

(and not mom jokes, telephone jokes, parking ticket jokes, and bad guys throwing teenage tantrums)

Bragr

Banned
Have they fixed the bugs and bullshit though, I glitched past a fucking boss fight, had to restart the entire game because it autosaved after.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Have they fixed the bugs and bullshit though, I glitched past a fucking boss fight, had to restart the entire game because it autosaved after.

Yeah... I never had anything as bad as that, but the game definitely felt janky and unpolished throughout. If it's still like that I have no interest in replaying it, even if it is at 60fps.

Vognerful

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X both run at 1440p in Performance Mode and 2160p in Fidelity's Mode. He believes there may be DRS enabled but he hasn't found any drops below 1440p.

Xbox Series S runs at 1080p but it drip to as low as 720p

Loading is faster on the PS5. Xbox Series X|S load about 1 second faster in which he believes its due to higher quality assets.

Performance seem mostly stable on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, but PlayStation 5 seems to be more stable. Xbox Series S has the least stable frame-rate. Part of the issues may be related to streaming issues while in battle on Xbox Series X|S.
Did you mean slower?

Portugeezer

Played it with the previous BC 60fps mode, definitely worth playing if you like Souls and exploration (I played on game journo mode and still had many challenging moments).

You don't have to be a Star Wars fan (I know I wasn't).

Somehow that seems to be a recurring theme for the series consoles, probably caused by software, but recurring anyway.

The drops are minor on the x, but they're definitely there.

Markio128

I bought this during the last time it was on the PSN sale, but still haven’t played it past the intro. I really do have too many games to try and complete at the minute, it is ridiculous. From watching the video though, it does look decent and I am looking forward to a lull in releases, so that I can get stuck in properly.

Top Bottom