• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Analysis Review [NXGamer] Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus PS5 2TB SSD: Hardware Review with Heatsink

MacReady13

Jun 22, 2018
I just picked up a gigabyte 2tb card here in Australia for around $580 on Amazon. Easy to install and works like a charm. Came with heat sink as well.

Reactions: alucard0712_rus

DJ Shalad

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Thanks for the review!

These results pages are useless though. Am i the only one watching YT on a big tellie? I need some binoculars to be able to read, see that. All i see are red, green, yellow bars ..

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports
Looking Bette Davis GIF by Maudit

Reactions: Dusktildawn48

CLW

Neo Member
Feb 13, 2015
Debating between the 4TB Sabrent and Seagate Firecuda. Other than price difference ($130) what performance differences (if any) would I see?

BreakOut

May 8, 2021
So at the end of the day it’s a yes for this right? I can’t read all that fine print on my phone and don’t have time to do the video. Can anyone just give me a quick yes or no whether or not the heat sink is actually a good solution?
Thats been my only question with this, I thought it was such a clever idea but wasn’t sure if it would actually dissolve heat enough.

rickybooby87

Nov 2, 2020
I opted for the 1TB version over the 4TB (couldn’t stomach the nearly $800 for something that should be half the price within the next 12-18 months).

I am surprised at how well the side panels “pop” off and “snap” back into place. I was afraid of scarring the black inner body as I had seen some real botched panel removal/installs on various forums, thankfully not the case for me.

after powering the PS5 back on, I was greeted with the option to format, proceeded and then was greeted with a speed test of around 4800MB/s. That threw me off a little bit, so I decided to reformat it again, and on the second try it reported a speed of around 5500MB/s.

just my observation.

finally. I can now install COD. (/s).