• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NY autoshow pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitewulf

*noticed resolution got fucked on one of the ferrari pictures, i wrote a scrip that automatically resizes my pictures for webhosting, but sometimes i take pictures vertically, so...

hanzo

Banned
Last years show was garbage. NY auto shows aren't what they are supposed to be. Compared to the LA shows. How is this years? Better?

nitewulf

hanzo said:
Last years show was garbage. NY auto shows aren't what they are supposed to be. Compared to the LA shows. How is this years? Better?
don't know, i didn't go last year. it's been a few years since i went the last time. i loved it this year, as i'm not much of a fan of concepts and a pretty big roadster fan. everyone is coming up with roadsters, and i got pictures of all.
sky, firepower, xlr, nissan 350, crossfire.

Shinobi

Nice pics...I took about 800 pics at the Toronto auto show a few weeks ago, so it's gonna take me a while to sort through them all and upload the best ones. I also need to get a new digicam, as I had to stand like 12 feet away from a car just to fit the whole thing in.

Excellent pics.

I love going to show, but easily the worst part is that it's damn near impossible to appreciate any car when so many jerk-off runs up to them to pose with a pic like its his damn ride or something.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Thoughts:
The GTO is a f'n joke.
I still haven't decided how I feel about the new Charger... but I'm leaning more towards meh
The Solstice is still hot as is the Saturn version(forgot the name)
The Cadillac V models have kick-ass performance....

nitewulf

Nice pics...I took about 800 pics at the Toronto auto show a few weeks ago, so it's gonna take me a while to sort through them all and upload the best ones. I also need to get a new digicam, as I had to stand like 12 feet away from a car just to fit the whole thing in.
i took about 208, though i strictly took pictures of supercars and sports coupes/sedans. and i couldn't stand far back as people were walking around so they'd be on the frame. there really are no good ways to take full body shots at the show, thats why i took all these partial shots. even if you buy a new digi cam it wont help, what you would need is a wide angle lens add-on which will pull back the shot, even at close range. that's the first time i have ever felt the need for it.

Excellent pics.
thanx. yeah this year i just took shots and looked at the cars from close up. didnt get in or take any pictures of myself.

Thoughts:
The GTO is a f'n joke.
I still haven't decided how I feel about the new Charger... but I'm leaning more towards meh
The Solstice is still hot as is the Saturn version(forgot the name)
The Cadillac V models have kick-ass performance....
Today 12:59 PM
the GTO has a 400HP engine though, at $32000, it's probably the cheapest price/power ratio you will ever find. though highly impractical IMO.
i am absolutely in love with the new Charger. but that's me, i love aggressive american designs...and don't have the attachment towards slim japanese designs like most people. i think it's really bold and good looking. love that front. you gotta see it to believe it, love the curves on the back end as well.
the saturn is "sky", yeah they are both hot. i love the XLR though, damn is it nice. pricey though.

another noted car was the new BMW 6 series, 645 ci, i have back light shots of the coupe and a frontal shot of the convertible there. it was so hot that i couldnt take any pictures, people were grabbing onto it like moths to a fire. beautiful, beautiful car.

the audi a8 is fantastic as well...W12 engine at $117,000...

and an exotic, mayback 57 at $350,000...

DarienA

nitewulf said:
the GTO has a 400HP engine though, at $32000, it's probably the cheapest price/power ratio you will ever find. though highly impractical IMO.
Performance isn't my point... the look is blah... if this had been called the new Grand Am who the hell would have known the difference?

i am absolutely in love with the new Charger. but that's me, i love aggressive american designs...and don't have the attachment towards slim japanese designs like most people. i think it's really bold and good looking. love that front. you gotta see it to believe it, love the curves on the back end as well.
I've seen it.. I still don't care for it.. then again I don't care for the 300 or the Magnum either.

dem

How can you not like the 300? That thing is a certified pimpmobile.

6338.jpg

6339.jpg

DarienA

dem said:
How can you not like the 300? That thing is a certified pimpmobile.

6338.jpg

6339.jpg

Simply, if I want a brick I'll buy a Hummer. I know the 300 appeals to alot of folks(our neighbors just bought one and love it), but it doesn't do it for me.

On the real it looks very stately, etc... but it doesn't look aggressive to me. And the Magnum tries to make that shape look aggressive, doesn't work.. for me. I will say it looks...aggressively... American, big and bold... and that works for some folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom