• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NY gaf WTF is going in with the sky right now?

DESTROYA

red sky at night sailors delight; red sky in the morning sailors take warning.

Red sky at night, sailors delight.
When we see a red sky at night, this means that the setting sun is sending its light through a high concentration of dust particles. This usually indicates high pressure and stable air coming in from the west. Basically good weather will follow.

Red sky in morning, sailor’s warning.
A red sunrise can mean that a high pressure system (good weather) has already passed, thus indicating that a storm system (low pressure) may be moving to the east. A morning sky that is a deep, fiery red can indicate that there is high water content in the atmosphere. So, rain could be on its way.

It’s a old saying but there is some truth to it, also caused by pollution.:messenger_sun:

MetalAlien

Banned
Don't worry about the sky. When the sun looks funny it's time.

vJugVxf.png

Last edited:
180726-nyc-orange-skies-feature.jpg

This is exactly what I saw and this is from an article from July 25 2018

Today is July 21 2019

thank mr. Skeltal

DESTROYA DESTROYA yes it's supposed to rain the next two days, great info you posted

kiiltz

Today is July 21 2019

thank mr. Skeltal

DESTROYA DESTROYA yes it's supposed to rain the next two days, great info you posted
All the Bokoblins, Moblins, et al are respawning today.

TacosNSalsa

I've seen this before . I'm at my mom's house in NJ about 10 miles from Manhattan
this was previously taken but this is what it looked like here earlier

m3hH4Rt.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Today is July 21 2019

thank mr. Skeltal

I'm surprised you get to see the sun with all the pollution in NY.

That looks like a normal every day sun set in Texas.
Yup.

Teletraan1

Banned
Isn't it because the sun has to shine through a bunch of atmospheric particulates when you view it on the horizon vs a direct shot through the atmosphere when it is visible high in the sky.

Fbh

Today is July 21 2019

thank mr. Skeltal

That just looks like the CSI Miami crew walked into town

tenor.gif

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Today is July 21 2019

thank mr. Skeltal

You saw a sunset with clouds?

Come to Colorado. I would love to see your daily freak out on GAF.

You saw a sunset with clouds?

Come to Colorado. I would love to see your daily freak out on GAF.
Na man, I don't think the image really captures the actual experience. When you walk through it everything is chrome filtered. The world is in sepia. and everything feels bleak It's not just a sunset. It's like a strange ass dream in real life.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Na man, I don't think the image really captures the actual experience. When you walk through it everything is chrome filtered. The world is in sepia. and everything feels bleak It's not just a sunset. It's like a strange ass dream in real life.
Was there a forest fire in another state nearby? I saw some ominous sunsets in Colorado due to forest fires that were happening in Washington and Alberta. You could even smell it.

Silent Duck

Today is July 21 2019

thank mr. Skeltal

Oh, that’s quite common.
It’s just the sun reflecting off the interdimensional portal of a Sumerian deity trying to enter our world. Happens all the time.

Or possibly a sunset on a mostly cloudy day.
But how often does that happen.

4L8Igqi.gif

Top Bottom