• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nyko announced new Joycon accessory: Swivel Grip

https://nyko.com/products/swivel-grip-for-nintendo-switch

Get a new hold on the Joy-Con™ controller with Swivel Grip for Nintendo Switch™. Swivel Grip adds a controller like grip to the Joy-Con controller and provides a more ergonomic feel than the Joy-Con alone. Perfect for longer gameplay sessions. The grips swivel into place to provide more of a traditional controller-like feel or collapse and attach the Joy-Con to the Nintendo Switch. Swivel Grip does not need to removed to attach the Joy-Con to the console and the functionality of the face and shoulder buttons are preserved. Installation is simple, just separate the top and bottom piece of Swivel Grip and place the Joy-Con inside.

Swivel_Grip_1_1024x1024.png

USD $9.99, no release date yet, kinda makes a joycon look like Navi in my opinion.

Tried this at the Nyko booth at E3 with my wife, and we both agree it's hot garbage. The grips aren't comfortable and the swivel mechanism comes loose easily, which actually makes holding a single Joy-Con even harder.

Granted, these were demo units, but still - not a good look for a commercial product that one would expect to use a lot over the course of its life.

dickroach

Tried this at the Nyko booth at E3 with my wife, and we both agree it's hot garbage. The grips aren't comfortable and the swivel mechanism comes loose easily, which actually makes holding a single Joy-Con even harder.

Granted, these were demo units, but still - not a good look for a commercial product that one would expect to use a lot over the course of its life.

that stinks, because it's a good idea.
but yeah I find it hard to imagine a design where the little grips that flip out wouldn't be too intrusive on the controller for when they aren't without being too flimsy to feel good

hoserx

literally just shouted FUCK and hit my hand on my desk reading your post. haha.

Steiner

Banned

Which of the new Nyko accessories did you guys see or try that you actually liked?

Unicorn

Was thinking it would rotate them on a different axis emulating the old negcon controller for psx for Wipeout.

If only.

I really don't understand how they keep making accessories for the JoyCon controllers that cover the front of the controllers, that reduces the travel distance of the buttons, must be horrible.

Top Bottom