• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Trump Humiliated Jeff Sessions After Mueller Appointment

JABEE

So, Session's resigned, but his resignation was denied/worked out, because it would look terrible for Trump to force out the Attorney General for not obstructing the investigation, when he had a duty to recuse himself?

Lindsay Graham and other GOP lawmakers respect Sessions.

Is this leaking now because Trump made a deal on the Dream ACT? This tidbit and the warnings from Graham about Session or Mueller being fired were the tip of it.

It seems like shit is hitting the fan right now and it's only a matter of time before the GOP completely turns on Trump if they haven't already done so.

To be fair, it's not really assuming that Mueller has something at this point. He definitely does.

One of the things I keep remembering is that his team has had closed-door hearings with the Senate. The evidence that is out in the public is pretty damning by itself, but I wonder what treasure trove of info his team has that hasn't been released.

I don't get it. Does the GOP think turning on Trump will cause him to reverse course on working with the Democrats? The man is completely unpredictable he might turn it up to 11 to spite them even more. The loon doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

kingocfs

I'm surprised there was no GAF thread about that Politico story saying how Repubs are shook because they think that Mueller is "going for the kill."

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
JFC @ being "emotional" about being scolded by Trump of all people. I don't think I'd be able to keep a straight face.

androvsky

I don't get it. Does the GOP think turning on Trump will cause him to reverse course on working with the Democrats? The man is completely unpredictable he might turn it up to 11 to spite them even more. The loon doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

Considering the subject, it's more likely they're willing to risk upsetting Trump's base so they can work with Pence. Trump's DACA turn is the one thing his base won't put up with, and in a way might be the only path to actually impeaching him and kicking him out of office.

Trump is so fucking guilty of Russian collusion, the articles covering it are probably already being drafted for new history books to distribute to schools and colleges in 2018.

I just wish it didn't take so long to get him impeached.

Top Bottom